[Mafia] EPL 2023/24 - MAFIA WIN

KZA

On 1/2/2024 at 7:45 PM, Time Lord said:

Qwags or Ss

he very briefly mentions qwags here and then doesn't bring him up again

otherwise the SS stuff could still be a bus considering he was leading in votes pretty independently of what TL was posting, although it does reflect well on SS

Just now, 112 said:

he very briefly mentions qwags here and then doesn't bring him up again

otherwise the SS stuff could still be a bus considering he was leading in votes pretty independently of what TL was posting, although it does reflect well on SS

I think based on the spew that Qwags is a better vote than SS fwiw

31 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Do you think the dynamics work for TL/Aladeen/SS to all be on the same scum team? Seems kind of messy 

Doesn't any dynamic look messy at this point?

I explained how wolves have literally HAD to have bussed in this game at some point. Even if you think Qwags is a wolf, Al was pushing him consistently.

What I'm saying is we need to go for the individually wolfiest player(s) and not put too much into spew because wolves can easily manipulate it.

52 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I can tinfoil a few reasons. But what was it about the game, or maybe BJs play that made you abandon that push?

This is going to be a long post but I'll do it so town can understand.

First things first is my mindset: the best way to catch wolves IMO is 1) wolfy posts, 2) wagon purity. Wolves make their wolfiest posts during 1) entrances, 2) wagon hopping and 3) EOD.

This is my approach to scumhunting overall.

BJ had a bad entrance to this game. I stand by that. He came in, called a bunch of people wolves for who knows why and was generally stirring things in a million directions. It was like a shotgun approach and I did not understand it.

Last game, BJ was actually my first villager. All of his posts made sense to me and I never wavered on it. So because I was having the opposite effect to his posts I kept pushing him.

As the game keeps going, I see that villagers -- over and over -- keep voting BJ. This goes back to my point about wagon purity. When you have a bunch of villagers sussing someone, the best path is to just get them out the game so everyone can move on. And no, it's an info lynch, it's acting on the town's suspicions and resolving people so they can continue solving.

We have people sussing BJ for 5 fucking phases now. It's redundant.

As for why I switched, after the no lunch I misunderstand how many players were in the game. I thought we had wasted a lunch and gone straight into LYLO. I have been sussing 112 for a number of reasons. The simplest way I can describe my 112 sus is "I think she is a good villager. Some of her conclusions in this game [pushing petey for lunch, refusing to reeval TL] have been conclusions that I would not expect her to have made as a villager.

So after spending most of the game pushing BJ, I said fuck it and wanted to see what would happen if I pushed 112. At worst, it would force people to react to 112 and I would get more info. It was LYLO and truthfully I have been going back and forth on BJ a lot this game. I thought of the reasons I sussed each and decided to go for 112 to see what would happen.

I had gotten the feeling I was wrong somewhere and wanted to try exploring new angles.

-------------------------------------

As for where I stand now, well, they helped kill Aladeen and that counts for something. I'm not lock clearing them but with Aladeen flipping wolf, I think it's possible this game has just been a bunch of in-fighting from the village with largely slanking wolves.

I currently think Qwags/SS always holds at least 1 wolf.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Do you think the dynamics work for TL/Aladeen/SS to all be on the same scum team? Seems kind of messy 

I think it's possible. Aladeen was definitely playing scum hermit until sheriff got popped. 

Also, there is something to be said for TL believing AV may have peeked him due to the line of questioning AV took with you guys, and decided he wanted to distance from SS..

Was SS ever in any real danger of going over before AV claimed? I don't remember 

1 hour ago, dallsbeep said:

Who has wolf!Sharpshooter meta? Who has wolf!TL meta?

How do they treat their bros?

It's been a LONG time since I've played with either of them except for last game, so take it with a grain of salt, but TL isn't afraid to engage with his wolf partners and will bus if necessary or beneficial.

Sharpshooter will bus begrudgingly afaik, and usually looks for other options before he does. He doesn't go out of his way to engage with his partners.

Someone correct me if this is inaccurate.

So

Lucky I'm pretty sure is just town

BJ/112 I have sussed at points but I may have just been wrong? I have some suspicions there but I kind of want to table it for now

ilunga I've been hard townreading all game, I'm still inclined to think he's town

SS.....doesn't have much going for him outside of TL voting him near deadline. That's kind of flimsy though. He did have an early push on Aladeen but I'm not sure how much credit I want to give someone to base their alignment on it

Qwags is Qwags

We have a mislunch.

I think there's always a wolf in SS/Qwags.

My thought is probably lunch them back to back. If only 1 them is scum, this sets up a 3-person LYLO that will likely be some combination of me/ilunga/BJ/112 which I think is very winnable.

My thought is that this is the best path to maximize town's chances of winning overall.

Worst case, SS and Qwags are both town and we just lose. I think I'm okay with that.

54 minutes ago, 112 said:

It's been a LONG time since I've played with either of them except for last game, so take it with a grain of salt, but TL isn't afraid to engage with his wolf partners and will bus if necessary or beneficial.

Sharpshooter will bus begrudgingly afaik, and usually looks for other options before he does. He doesn't go out of his way to engage with his partners.

Someone correct me if this is inaccurate.

Accurate 

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Falc voted SS D1...

Aladeen sure wanted to sus 112 and me for Porscha's mk, but never mentioned falc's violent murder.

Something to consider. 

interesting.

@Qwags what do you make of this?

If we are voting for people that weren't on AL last round then then out of the 3, Qwags and SS have been posting fuck all.

That's pretty much par for Qwags however Sharpie is breaking his golden rule. 

I am pretty sure that Lucky was the first of us onto AL, he certainly called on a few of us to vote for him.

This is in regards to Lucky's back and forth with Sharpie over who was first to sus AL

Then there is the baller, after being on BJ's case for a few rounds he given up, he did make a good post about scum hunting IMO however that is mafia 101. 

So for now, poking the bear 

VOTE SS

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

What if we were voting for someone on Al's wagon?

Been getting tp vibes from BJ all game as I have stated.

Reasonably certain you are tp.

Nassy is gone.

112 is probably, if forced to make a choice now, the player choose currently.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

If I’m trying to purchase a firearm, do I need to disclose I play mafia?

What do you want the firearm for?