[Mafia] EPL 2023/24 - MAFIA WIN

KZA

15 hours ago, 112 said:

Dearest Bartholomew,

It has been more than a year since we last spoke. Still, I find myself wondering what could have been with us, if I hadn't run off to New York to pursue journalism. I have learned that it was less a passion for me than I first anticipated. I remember one of your letters had me in tears twice - once I laughed, and then I cried. To go beyond reminiscing, I will give you my intentions: I am moving back home, where I can see you again, if you'll have me. I've made arrangements for a job through what's left of my family there; I'll be doing bookkeeping, and it should be gainful. I am going to be staying at a hotel until I can find an apartment or a house to rent. I've put away a good sum of money here in the Big Apple and will use it to fund my expenses. And then I'll see you again.

Do you remember that year at the lake when Patty Berenstein pushed me off the dock and I went into the water? I was so furious, I didn't speak to her for a week. It was still early in the season and the water was frigid. And then that time the school was evacuated because of a bathroom arsonist--I still wonder who did it. It smelt horrible in the hallways for months and I think the cough I do goes back to that. I wonder what happened to Mr. Rosen and if he ever came back to work. I don't know how to go about finding him; he was such a good influence. Anyway, I will have more questions to ask when we meet; I may even be back home by the time you receive this post. I will end the letter here and send my warmth.

Yours,

Agnes

My Dearest Agnes,

How joyous it was to receive your letter, like a breath of fresh air after a long winter. The memories you've stirred with your words have brought a flood of emotions and nostalgia. I recall that year at the lake vividly, especially the incident with Patty Berenstein. Oh, the laughter and tears we shared in those days—it seems like a lifetime ago. And the school evacuation, a peculiar chapter in our shared history. I, too, wonder about Mr. Rosen and the lingering mysteries of that bathroom arsonist.

Your decision to return home warms my heart, and the prospect of our paths crossing once more fills me with anticipation. The idea of you moving back and taking up bookkeeping is intriguing, and I'm delighted to hear that you've secured a job through your family connections. It's a testament to your resilience and resourcefulness.

I'm eager to catch up on all that has transpired since our last encounter and to share the stories that have unfolded in your absence. Life has a curious way of weaving its tapestry, and I am eager to unravel the threads of your experiences in the Big Apple.

As for your temporary stay at a hotel, I assure you that my humble abode is open to you whenever you decide to settle. It would be my utmost pleasure to have you as my guest until you find a more permanent residence.

Let the wheels of time turn swiftly, bringing us closer with each passing moment. I eagerly await your return, dear Agnes, and I extend my warmest wishes as you embark on this journey back home.

Yours in anticipation,

Bartholomew

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

This octogenarian romance novel blossoming in the thread serves as an excellent reminder of why humans have a gag reflex

Esteemed Mr. Harrington,

I hope this letter reaches you in a moment of contemplation and self-reflection. Recent whispers have reached my ears, carrying tales of words and deeds that besmirch the honor and virtue of a lady whose name is not taken lightly in my heart—Agnes.

It is with a heavy heart and a measured tongue that I address you, for I believe in the grace of reason and the power of understanding. However, the honor of Agnes is not a matter to be trifled with, and thus, I implore you to consider the weight of your actions.

Agnes, as you may well know, is a woman of rare quality—her virtues shining like beacons in the night. To cast shadows upon her name is not only an affront to her character but a stain on the very fabric of decency.

I am not one to hastily judge or assume ill intentions, but I beseech you to clarify any misunderstandings that may have led to these disparaging rumors. Let us address this matter with the dignity and respect that should be accorded to all involved.

Agnes deserves no less than the highest regard, and I trust that you will find it within yourself to rectify any misjudgments that may have transpired. A woman's honor is a delicate thing, and I believe that a gentleman of your standing would appreciate the gravity of the situation.

May this letter serve as both a plea for clarity and a call for rectitude. I extend my hopes that we may resolve this matter amicably, preserving the integrity of all parties involved.

Awaiting your thoughtful response,

Bartholomew

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Esteemed Mr. Harrington,

I hope this letter reaches you in a moment of contemplation and self-reflection. Recent whispers have reached my ears, carrying tales of words and deeds that besmirch the honor and virtue of a lady whose name is not taken lightly in my heart—Agnes.

It is with a heavy heart and a measured tongue that I address you, for I believe in the grace of reason and the power of understanding. However, the honor of Agnes is not a matter to be trifled with, and thus, I implore you to consider the weight of your actions.

Agnes, as you may well know, is a woman of rare quality—her virtues shining like beacons in the night. To cast shadows upon her name is not only an affront to her character but a stain on the very fabric of decency.

I am not one to hastily judge or assume ill intentions, but I beseech you to clarify any misunderstandings that may have led to these disparaging rumors. Let us address this matter with the dignity and respect that should be accorded to all involved.

Agnes deserves no less than the highest regard, and I trust that you will find it within yourself to rectify any misjudgments that may have transpired. A woman's honor is a delicate thing, and I believe that a gentleman of your standing would appreciate the gravity of the situation.

May this letter serve as both a plea for clarity and a call for rectitude. I extend my hopes that we may resolve this matter amicably, preserving the integrity of all parties involved.

Awaiting your thoughtful response,

Bartholomew

I stopped reading after the letter E

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

On 12/21/2023 at 1:11 PM, 112 said:

Dearest Bartholomew,

It has been more than a year since we last spoke. Still, I find myself wondering what could have been with us, if I hadn't run off to New York to pursue journalism. I have learned that it was less a passion for me than I first anticipated. I remember one of your letters had me in tears twice - once I laughed, and then I cried. To go beyond reminiscing, I will give you my intentions: I am moving back home, where I can see you again, if you'll have me. I've made arrangements for a job through what's left of my family there; I'll be doing bookkeeping, and it should be gainful. I am going to be staying at a hotel until I can find an apartment or a house to rent. I've put away a good sum of money here in the Big Apple and will use it to fund my expenses. And then I'll see you again.

Do you remember that year at the lake when Patty Berenstein pushed me off the dock and I went into the water? I was so furious, I didn't speak to her for a week. It was still early in the season and the water was frigid. And then that time the school was evacuated because of a bathroom arsonist--I still wonder who did it. It smelt horrible in the hallways for months and I think the cough I do goes back to that. I wonder what happened to Mr. Rosen and if he ever came back to work. I don't know how to go about finding him; he was such a good influence. Anyway, I will have more questions to ask when we meet; I may even be back home by the time you receive this post. I will end the letter here and send my warmth.

Yours,

Agnes

Absolutely fuckin awesome Agnes 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Aladeen said:

My Dearest Agnes,

How joyous it was to receive your letter, like a breath of fresh air after a long winter. The memories you've stirred with your words have brought a flood of emotions and nostalgia. I recall that year at the lake vividly, especially the incident with Patty Berenstein. Oh, the laughter and tears we shared in those days—it seems like a lifetime ago. And the school evacuation, a peculiar chapter in our shared history. I, too, wonder about Mr. Rosen and the lingering mysteries of that bathroom arsonist.

Your decision to return home warms my heart, and the prospect of our paths crossing once more fills me with anticipation. The idea of you moving back and taking up bookkeeping is intriguing, and I'm delighted to hear that you've secured a job through your family connections. It's a testament to your resilience and resourcefulness.

I'm eager to catch up on all that has transpired since our last encounter and to share the stories that have unfolded in your absence. Life has a curious way of weaving its tapestry, and I am eager to unravel the threads of your experiences in the Big Apple.

As for your temporary stay at a hotel, I assure you that my humble abode is open to you whenever you decide to settle. It would be my utmost pleasure to have you as my guest until you find a more permanent residence.

Let the wheels of time turn swiftly, bringing us closer with each passing moment. I eagerly await your return, dear Agnes, and I extend my warmest wishes as you embark on this journey back home.

Yours in anticipation,

Bartholomew

I can sense the beginnings an epic romance, Romeo- Juliet, eat your long dead hearts out.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1