[Report]: Term the main priority for Nikita Zadorov’s camp in extension talks with Canucks

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

An 8 year deal terrifies me, to be honest. Big Zaddy has looked great so far, but I would definitely have concerns about him as his legs start to decline as he ages. This city has had Myers under the microscope for years, I think we will see Zad examined similarly going forward when his play dips.

6 absolutely should be max term and even that should be at a low cap hit. He is a number 4 dman, not an allstar caliber guy.

Just a feeling but Zadorov doesn't seem like the type to go for the highest bidder.  He seems like a guy who wants balance. A city he likes, a team he fits in well, team mates and coaches he feels comfortable with. 

Seems like he likes being in Vancouver albeit it's been only a short while. He's getting a pretty good role with the team. He's getting 2nd pair toi he's on the ice in last minute of play holding a lead. The coaches trust him. He's fitting in pretty good. 

I think he looks at all these things and signs here for a reasonable cap hit. He's not going to try to brake the bank. 

I see him signing a 4 to 5 year deal at around $4.5 mill per year. He'll be our 2nd pair LD moving forward. 

He's 28 so 4 to 5 years works for the team as well.  

• Cheers 4

32 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

It’s true though. Unless they are elite. But 2-3 guys I don’t think should be making more than 5-6 million a year. It’s poor cap management 

Guys like Nurse, Seth Jones should have never of gotten those contracts. Now if your Makar or Hughes it’s different but not everyone has one of those

8-11 million for Elite

6-8 for a no.1 that would otherwise be on another team

5-6 for your no 2 or 3 guys

1-3 for bottom pair guys 

Zadorov is like a good no.4 guy 

4 million max

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

Pete and Hronek get a substantial raise.  +$4m

Zadorov gets a raise  $1m

DeSmith gets a raise or; Silovs is ready or; trade/sign a UFA  +1m

Joshua will get a raise  +$1m

+$2.3m for OEL

Sign or replace Blueger (Aman)? -$1.9m

Find help for Pete (how long can they leave him with linemates like Laffy and Suter)?  +$5-6m

Sign a top 4 RD  +$4-5m    More of a defensive guy that can work with Q.

Am I missing anyone?

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hronek is closer to $3m IMO. Petey $3-4m, term dependent.

Probably closer to $500k.

Only one of those is necessarily +$1.

$500k-$1m

Find help for Pete (how long can they leave him with linemates like Laffy and Suter)?  +$5-6m.

IMO this only happens if we can move Garland and reallocate his cap. Until then we rotate in Hoglander, maybe Podkolzin, eventually Lekkerimaki.

YUP. Or trade for one.

Am I missing anyone?

Lafferty likely sees a $500k-$1m raise like Joshua.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Trebreh said:

give him the Soucy special with longer term.

Big Z can at 4.25-4.5 x 5 is fine.   

Cap going up is 5%, plus he's a UFA.   So add 500k to his current deal, plus his share of the 5%.   Around 4.5.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, canuck73 said:

Rare size and speed combo... mean. Sign him up. Has to be better than Julsen etc. I'm partial to big mean defense... so I'm fairly biased.

And he can actually play....

Definitely an improvement over Myers. 
if he can be had for around $4 each year give him 6-7 years... 

Can and will always be in need of a big physical Dman. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Devron said:

It’s true though. Unless they are elite. But 2-3 guys I don’t think should be making more than 5-6 million a year. It’s poor cap management 

Guys like Nurse, Seth Jones should have never of gotten those contracts. Now if your Makar or Hughes it’s different but not everyone has one of those

8-11 million for Elite

6-8 for a no.1 that would otherwise be on another team

5-6 for your no 2 or 3 guys

1-3 for bottom pair guys 

Zadorov is like a good no.4 guy 

4 million max

This will close to the number... term will determine how close. 

4 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

That is a thing that I am totally confident in with the management team in place, they know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. They are staunch in their collective approach, and will not waver until the end game is met (Lord Stanley coming home)

Feel exactly the same about the management team. They showed it with Bo. 
And brilliant for showing it quickly, as agents now know, what they got...

They'l have a number on their mind and it'll be take it or leave it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

An 8 year deal terrifies me, to be honest. Big Zaddy has looked great so far, but I would definitely have concerns about him as his legs start to decline as he ages. This city has had Myers under the microscope for years, I think we will see Zad examined similarly going forward when his play dips.

At 3.75 it's low risk with big reward.

His agent has tweeted $ after a good game. 

They are going to want to cash in on likely the best contract positioning of his career. If he signs here for 4-4.75 mill here it’s because of term or he really feels like this is a good fit for him. I just hope we can keep him in the fold. 

I would be looking to move Kuzmenko for a 1st or young RD prospect of young no.4/5 D man we can develo into a true top 4 d man

use sweeteners at draft to move all of garland’s money like mcdonaugh and Klimovich

then go hard after Reinhardt or Chandler 

Resign cole and Myers 2 yrs cheap as depth D 

45 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I would be looking to move Kuzmenko for a 1st or young RD prospect of young no.4/5 D man we can develo into a true top 4 d man

use sweeteners at draft to move all of garland’s money like mcdonaugh and Klimovich

then go hard after Reinhardt or Chandler 

Resign cole and Myers 2 yrs cheap as depth D 

would rangers do Kuzmenko for Brayden Schneider ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, higgyfan said:

+$2.3m for OEL

Sign or replace Blueger (Aman)? -$1.9m

Find help for Pete (how long can they leave him with linemates like Laffy and Suter)?  +$5-6m

Am I missing anyone?

I see modest raises for many of the guys, and I think many of them coming back. 

Also don't see Silovs being ready next season. I say sign DeSmith for 1-2 years, and Silovs has to prove he's ready in pre-season. If he can win the back up job from DeSmith, then either trade DeSmith, or he goes down to Abby. 

Edited by N4ZZY

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I see modest raises for many of the guys, and I think many of them coming back. 

Also don't see Silovs being ready next season. I say sign DeSmith for 1-2 years, and Silovs has to prove he's ready in pre-season. If he can win the back up job from DeSmith, then either trade DeSmith, or he goes down to Abby. 

I think DeSmith will want more $ than what the Nucks can offer.  He'll try out UFA. 

• Cheers 1