[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators // December 19, 2023

Rubik

6 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

What a game!  What does it get us? Respect around the league! What does that get? Playoffs baby !!!!

The “bc highway overpass impact of the game “,gets me every time I hear it!😀f$&@g hilarious!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Replying with 2 goals before the announcer gets to say, who scored for the home side is priceless...

For everything else there is Master Card... 😂

'Morn'n Spook!  Riding high in the water after another win eh?

Unbeh we Babool as Pavel Bure (Boo-Ray CBC, get it?) used to say.

Remember when he was a teenager and already a phenom?

We finally had a superstar; bestest estest ever.

Well, I'm not quite that happy, but the massive improvements across the board have me purdy frikn giddy.

Giddy Up giddy, just Stupid Happy.. stupid also because I'm getting a bit blasé ..

e.g. I told my wife, "The Canucks won again last night."  Endie Conversing.

I will be more respectful, and not take this for granted. 

Everybody has worked so hard; this didn't just happen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

PDG. Next game , we will probably need a clutch goal from the top line and Kuz won't be on the ice. Just like the loss after he sat the first time. Let's not make that error again. Talent doesn't go away. Kuz is in a funk. He just has to play his way out of it. Put him on the 2nd or 3rd line. Not this 4th line bullshit. 

Kuz is a one way player. It's ok to have one of them. And it's not just about effort on the back check. Kuz is probably having a hard time managing his energy. He is gassed at the wrong times. Maybe that's just the way he's built and why he's a one way player and not a Selke candidate. Ilya Kovalchuk was a one way player. Would Tocc put him on the 4th line too ? This is bullshit.

Tochett knows how to build lines.   The results speak for themselves.   Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt (Tochett, Foote, Gonchar, Sedins ... Allvin, JR). 

Maybe Kuzmenko gets traded today.   And you (and others) won't have to worry about that anymore.    

We beat a really hot team last night.   Kuzmenko is paid too much to sit that's for sure.    If he can't learn the system, then it's time to swap that cap somewhere else.   A solid 3C would do wonders.   Or a big body with more skill than Lafferty for EP. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Tochett knows how to build lines.   The results speak for themselves.   Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt (Tochett, Foote, Gonchar, Sedins ... Allvin, JR). 

Maybe Kuzmenko gets traded today.   And you (and others) won't have to worry about that anymore.    

We beat a really hot team last night.   Kuzmenko is paid too much to sit that's for sure.    If he can't learn the system, then it's time to swap that cap somewhere else.   A solid 3C would do wonders.   Or a big body with more skill than Lafferty for EP. 

Trade freeze already in place as of midnight.

IMG_9148.jpeg.8c6feff54e2e29e5b122b9b873cb93c4.jpeg

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Christmas trade freeze in effect. Poor PA is going to be getting the shakes if he can’t make another trade soon. 

No rush on Kuzmenko. Potential 40g scorers don’t grow on trees and team is doing fairly well. Johnny Hockey has sat a number of games, last year Torts sat Konecny  let the coach be a coach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tyler Myers is having a great last couple of weeks.  Playing with Zadorov has really helped his game.  I can easily see him coming back next year.  Especially if Willander isn't ready yet.  With Myers playing well, we don't really need an upgrade on D right now, as we still have Soucy who is coming back soon, so one of Cole or Juulsen will sit.

Speaking of Juulsen, he is also turning it around.  Great to see.  Foote and Gonchar are like Manna from Heaven in helping this defence.  Juulsen is now a solid 6/7 Dman in this league and can play on the bottom pairing on alot of teams.  We haven't even seen Friedman in a long time and that is a good thing.

As for Kuzy, he probably sits again next game.  We will see what happens.  The Italian has come back down to earth and is playing to his usual skill level, which is missing empty nets.  Can't believe he was actually ahead of Hoglander at one point and playing in the top 6.  We definitely need an upgrade on PDG for the 4th line.  Trenin was all over the ice tonight.  I'd love to get him here in Vancouver...

This will sound negative as Luke Schenn played some great games while in Vancouver. That said IMHO PA dodged a bullet when he moved Schenn. The 3RD is now held by Noah Juulson at less than half the cost and I would argue Juulson is a better puck mover. Juulson continues to improve. Last night at + 15 TOI. The toi allocation was superior. 

Schenn made a big assist on Aman's goal. Flashback?

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Can't believe the Canucks absolutely dominate the entire league in this stat.  Goal differential. 

Screenshot_20231219-230058.png

Defensive improvements have helped a lot. Our larger d has helped control our puck possession in our own zone and clearances.  Zad is a ingredient we needed.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Before anyone gets too excited just remember the PDO

PDO? That's a new term I'm not familiar with. So I assume our's is not good?!??!?!?

9 hours ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Oilers and knights lose and Canucks win. Doesn’t get much better! Great game. Capitalize on the chances. Could have been 8-2 

Yea. I hate those teams the most.

9 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Good 60 min effort and nice win! Our powerplay is still ass though lol

Certainly a great effort throughout but yea. PP does need work. Especially the 1st unit PP. Too static, man!

More movement ( I know Tochett already said that.), more net presence, and shoot more. Get a tip in or rebound. Yea, we got weapons in Flow's/ JT's wristers and Hronek/Petey's 100plus MPH one timers, but we shouldn't always be striving for that pretty play to score.  Get some ugly one's dudes!

9 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

We're ruining our chances for Celebrini 😉

Did any Canuck regime ever have designs on tanking? I don't ever recall that. Perhaps the fact that we've never, ever had a 1st overall settles that debate! Also................

.............Where's CanuckFanForever? Dude! We're waiting for you to chime in with your requisite "Fire Tochett!"  post.😉🙂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

One thing we haven't talked much about is how having one tough mother like Zads on the team makes everyone else play 10 feet tall. 

Lots of our players are standing up for eachother now. Having a big guy like that who doesn't take crap and hits like a train keeps the other team more honest. They never know who's gonna get popped. And our players feel much more protected on the ice, even when he's not on it. He keeps the game honest and our players probably feel much safer now with him on the team. Since his arrival our team has changed in this department drastically. Everyone is standing up for eachother big time now. And that's the un weighed big Z effect. Something that has lost value in the entire NHL, and this guy brings it in spades. Worth every penny whatever he gets paid imo.

No more turning the Horvat cheek anymore. Not to slag on him, or beat a dead horse...but for years our team has been charmin soft.

You don't need to fight to be tough, you just need to play hard and physical and that alone will make a lot of teams wilt under the pressure.

Absolutely 100% true...

And not only Zadorov, but Cole and Juulsen have been laying some pretty good hits too...

On top of that, has anyone noticed, how well Myers have been playing since he's been paired with Zadorov as well?

That pairing is found money, and with the Cole and Juulsen able to hold their own, the reduction in ice time for Myers has worked wonders.

So much to be happy about just now.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1