[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators // December 19, 2023

Rubik

9 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Goal differential is my gold standard on how a team is actually playing.

Been a very long time since we had a nice goal diff.

All the best teams that go to the cup are pretty much all in that category.

Great way to put it. I view it the same. It's also a great barometer/indicator of which teams will make the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I was very critical of the team in the Minny and Blackhawks game.

But the Canucks responded with a strong performance tonight. Really liked how relentless they were in all three zones. Win or lose, if they come up with these kind of efforts majority of their games, I'd be very happy. Glad to see this team getting back to their stingy identity again.

• Cheers 1

this team seems really good, no ?  are you serious.  team playin' with the opposition right now.  figured out how to win.  quick strike offence.  everybody's gonna resign if we fall short this year,relaxed confidence, legit Stanley Cup Contender in 2024,  as will be every team that makes the playoffs.  Yeah man, Canucks are good again.... woohoo!

Edited by Future Considerations
last part just to respect the opposition. go Canucks go.
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

See Kuzy... He's smiling, being supportive and being a great teammate. 

Is he frustrated?... for sure.  But rather than pout like so many here are.... "It's not fair!!!", he's choosing to take it to heart and get better as a player!!!   

Step away from the cliff everyone... I know we feel protective of our players, especially the guys like Kuzy but remember.... 

Tocc's approach is making Högs a legit fulltime top 6 player and  Joshua a revelation, a difference maker on the 3rd line.

Give him some time to figure this out... This isn't a instant gratification video game or movie.  This is life for any of us learning, failing and hopefully persevering.

Have faith in the process... AND MANAGEMENT.  In the meantime, we're winning!!!!! 

Kuz have the time of his life with 11 mill in the bank if he plays or not so he’s happy.

And when Toch needs him to score he just puts him in position and the ball is rolling again.

4 hours ago, MattJVD said:

"Wagon" is sometimes used in hockey jargon to mean a really good team. It's a play on that.

So it has nothing to do with the wagon wheels still attached to the wagon.

Some here thought the wheels had fallen off when we started losing. 

Goddamn center ice cut off 90% of the 2nd period on my recording but for the other 2/3rds I was allowed to watch Canucks played amazing. Really really solid game and finally seeing better structure and creativity on the rush.

Phenomenal game by a lot of players. Great to see DeSmith get rewarded. 

• Cheers 1

Tyler Myers is having a great last couple of weeks.  Playing with Zadorov has really helped his game.  I can easily see him coming back next year.  Especially if Willander isn't ready yet.  With Myers playing well, we don't really need an upgrade on D right now, as we still have Soucy who is coming back soon, so one of Cole or Juulsen will sit.

Speaking of Juulsen, he is also turning it around.  Great to see.  Foote and Gonchar are like Manna from Heaven in helping this defence.  Juulsen is now a solid 6/7 Dman in this league and can play on the bottom pairing on alot of teams.  We haven't even seen Friedman in a long time and that is a good thing.

As for Kuzy, he probably sits again next game.  We will see what happens.  The Italian has come back down to earth and is playing to his usual skill level, which is missing empty nets.  Can't believe he was actually ahead of Hoglander at one point and playing in the top 6.  We definitely need an upgrade on PDG for the 4th line.  Trenin was all over the ice tonight.  I'd love to get him here in Vancouver...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Who do you sit next game to put Kuzmenko back in?

Di Giuseppe? Lafferty? Someone else?

PDG. Next game , we will probably need a clutch goal from the top line and Kuz won't be on the ice. Just like the loss after he sat the first time. Let's not make that error again. Talent doesn't go away. Kuz is in a funk. He just has to play his way out of it. Put him on the 2nd or 3rd line. Not this 4th line bullshit. 

Kuz is a one way player. It's ok to have one of them. And it's not just about effort on the back check. Kuz is probably having a hard time managing his energy. He is gassed at the wrong times. Maybe that's just the way he's built and why he's a one way player and not a Selke candidate. Ilya Kovalchuk was a one way player. Would Tocc put him on the 4th line too ? This is bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1