[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators // December 19, 2023

Rubik

2 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

This is a very well coached team!  Big z is a perfect addition and what the team needed.  Guys are playing hard.. miller is having an amazing year and doing everything asked of him..  now the question is, with all that being said, when does petey re sign?  What is the hold up?  

$$$ vs $$$$$

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Defensive improvements have helped a lot. Our larger d has helped control our puck possession in our own zone and clearances.  Zad is a ingredient we needed.

Great addition by Allvin. Zad has had a positive ripple effect throughout the lineup. We're also playing with more confidence overall. 

• Cheers 1

I'm still buzzing from last night's win. This is a special year.

I expect the team will be very different in 3 years, given the OEL penalty, flat cap, and high number of UFAs to contend with. It may be that this is the Nucks' year before taking a small step back, followed by a sustainable resurgence...  I would love to hear the what the 5 year plan is for this roster.

GCG

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

I expect the team will be very different in 3 years, given the OEL penalty, flat cap, and high number of UFAs to contend with. It may be that this is the Nucks' year before taking a small step back, followed by a sustainable resurgence...  I would love to hear the what the 5 year plan is for this roster.

GCG

Thank you Captain Morale.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

GCG

Willander will be playing an important role on our D on an ELC when the OElevator cap costs are highest. 
Benning is gone. We have Gillis like greatness in our management again. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

GCG

In 2-3 yrs 

Reinhardt EP Letteremaki 

hoglander Miller Brock 

Joshua Suter Pods

Bains  Aman Karlsson

Raty

hughes Wallander

Zads Hronek 

Soucy McwRd

hirose Bruster 

demko

silvovs 

9 hours ago, jannick_handsome said:

This pains me to say. I like admiring the female form as much as anyone, and I know that is something that straight men enjoy until they put us in the cold hard ground. But I’ll tell you for a fact that neither of my daughters is cool with having to hang out here if it’s gonna be a bunch of dudes posting pinup material. Maybe we can try to make this a place where women feel welcome instead of creeped out. End rant. 

As a woman who hangs out here, I have never felt any awkwardness or been treated with any disrespect.  Other women exist and men can find them attractive.  That’s life, your daughters should not need to be coddled and if they are being respectful to other posters I suspect they will be treated with respect too.

• Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

In 2-3 yrs 

Reinhardt EP Letteremaki 

hoglander Miller Brock 

Joshua Suter Pods

Bains  Aman Karlsson

Raty

hughes Wallander

Zads Hronek 

Soucy McwRd

hirose Bruster 

demko

silvovs 

Who is Reinhardt? did we draft him? really top line winger calibre? 

And... are we better off keeping Suter over Blueger? and keeping Podz over Miky who's already more than proven??

I like Karlsson but he's just not NHL ready and don't think he'll stick... 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is true. I really like Kuz, as we all do, but our place in the standing, goal differential back up his decisions.

And I'm rooting for Kuz to succeed ... Joshua was in Tocchet's doghouse and look at him now.

Couldn't have said it any better myself amigo. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, jannick_handsome said:

This pains me to say. I like admiring the female form as much as anyone, and I know that is something that straight men enjoy until they put us in the cold hard ground. But I’ll tell you for a fact that neither of my daughters is cool with having to hang out here if it’s gonna be a bunch of dudes posting pinup material. Maybe we can try to make this a place where women feel welcome instead of creeped out. End rant. 

how often do you see "pin-up material" being posted here? genuine question

2 hours ago, stawns said:

He's having a good season, not a good couple of weeks

He's had moments that put our team behind rather than ahead.

No, he hasn't always had a "good" season. Tackling Petey, sliding on the ice and putting himself out of the play when he could use his big body/stick much more effectively. Standing in front of our goaltender (screening him) rather than clearing out the crease.

He is NOW having a better season. But you can't ignore the gaffes and blunders....and there have been quite a number.

Stating your opinion like a fact doesn't make it so.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

One thing we haven't talked much about is how having one tough mother like Zads on the team makes everyone else play 10 feet tall. 

Lots of our players are standing up for eachother now. Having a big guy like that who doesn't take crap and hits like a train keeps the other team more honest. They never know who's gonna get popped. And our players feel much more protected on the ice, even when he's not on it. He keeps the game honest and our players probably feel much safer now with him on the team. Since his arrival our team has changed in this department drastically. Everyone is standing up for eachother big time now. And that's the un weighed big Z effect. Something that has lost value in the entire NHL, and this guy brings it in spades. Worth every penny whatever he gets paid imo.

No more turning the Horvat cheek anymore. Not to slag on him, or beat a dead horse...but for years our team has been charmin soft.

You don't need to fight to be tough, you just need to play hard and physical and that alone will make a lot of teams wilt under the pressure.

Yep.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We played 7 games in 10 nights in 7 different cities in one very difficult part of our schedule in November and came through that set of games .500

The travel for us absolutely makes playing at our best every game impossible. To be overly critical of our home club, when there are obvious reasons for their less than stellar play, is foolish. 
We see how great our club is when they get some rest. We dominate. Just accept we are a great team. Look how much of a joke Buffalo and Ottawa are! And the Coilers too! All three are laughably bad. Their top minute and highest paid guys refuse to play defensively. Three joke teams. 

But again, you're using information now to bolster your position.  It's much easier to say "hey look, 7 game point streak so i guess you were wrong"

Reality then was this team was slumping. You can point to a number of different reasons or excuses, but thats all they are. On the ice the team was playing poorly and everyone should be in agreement with that. At that point they hadn't rebounded with a 7 game point streak like they just did.

For sure if the team slumps again in January I would have a different viewpoint and not be as critical because they have proven they can rebound. They have proven they are more of a .650 team than a .500 team. But 3 weeks ago all they had proven was they had a hot start and reality seemed to be catching up.

But they are growing as a team now and rallying back. Thats good for everyone.

I just cant stand the smart assess that use hindsight to act superior. 

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

7 - 1 - 1 since Zadorov trade.

Zad and Myers just don't allow goals against. They're such a solid pairing 

I was thinking this too. 

The size , strength, reach, physical toughness both good Skaters.

If they keep showing well like this, I wouldn't mind if we Re-signed both and use them as our shut down pair. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Things that this organization does for players were called "country club" in the very recent past but if you get the right mix of players who appreciate that rather than act entitled to it, you get something special. 

We had a great core and needed the right supporting staff in place...that now seems to be happening. 

I  think you have mis-interpreted the “country club “ analogy . 

I don’t know of anyone, particularly in the “very recent past”, that has begrudged the players being treated well and receiving anything possible from management to help the team succeed.

In fact, most contributors here acknowledge the difficult schedule , extenuating travel and lack of practise time. They agree with any ideas and perks available in terms of making the player’s better able to compete. 

Country club was referencing the fact that rarely were the players held accountable. Coaching staff,  ie Green, Boudreau  and their support staff were quick to make excuses for losses. That’s a good team over there. 

Players were becoming frayed at the edges due to poor organizational skills  and it showed in both on and off ice performance. No one was able or willing to grab the bull by the horns and rein things in.  

Your own post describes the absence of the “right supporting staff”. 

This country club environment description was never about good meals, state of art health care, better travel or day to day perks. 

Fans are not opposed to treating the players well. 

Problems arise when inmates run the asylum. Miller screaming across the ice “ we don’t know what we’re doing” indicated the coaching staff had no control of the players direction. 

We have solid leadership in coaching now which translates to solid player leadership and results on and off ice. The coach’s have taught them

that the game is fun but it’s not a holiday camp either.

Hard work/ commitment  is required everyday, playing or not. 

You can have all the luxuries in the world. It’s not a holiday camp if you have to work your ass off and adhere to policy to retain your membership. 
 Kuzmenko seems to be the only one not learning you now have to both listen and adhere in this environment.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

I  think you have mis-interpreted the “country club “ analogy . 

I don’t know of anyone, particularly in the “very recent past”, that has begrudged the players being treated well and receiving anything possible from management to help the team succeed.

In fact, most contributors here acknowledge the difficult schedule , extenuating travel and lack of practise time. They agree with any ideas and perks available in terms of making the player’s better able to compete. 

Country club was referencing the fact that rarely were the players held accountable. Coaching staff,  ie Green, Boudreau  and their support staff were quick to make excuses for losses. That’s a good team over there. 

Players were becoming frayed at the edges due to poor organizational skills  and it showed in both on and off ice performance. No one was able or willing to grab the bull by the horns and rein things in.  

Your own post describes the absence of the “right supporting staff”. 

This country club environment description was never about good meals, state of art health care, better travel or day to day perks. 

Fans are not opposed to treating the players well. 

Problems arise when inmates run the asylum. Miller screaming across the ice “ we don’t know what we’re doing” indicated the coaching staff had no control of the players direction. 

We have solid leadership in coaching now which translates to solid player leadership and results on and off ice. The coach’s have taught them

that the game is fun but it’s not a holiday camp either.

Hard work/ commitment  is required everyday, playing or not. 

You can have all the luxuries in the world. It’s not a holiday camp if you have to work your ass off and adhere to policy to retain your membership. 
 Kuzmenko seems to be the only one not learning you now have to both listen and adhere in this environment.

Mostly that was intended toward the media, NOT the people here.