[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators // December 19, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Myers stays because we absolutely need him for playoffs. Please don't quote me but I think we've won 3/4 games where Kuzzy sat out. I think we are sitting on a disposable asset to be honest. Hate to say it, but I think the team would fair ok without Kuzzy. Especially because any move we make for him will bring in something else of value.

I don't think it alters our chemistry that much to move him. But Myers has to stay for now. He is finally playing up to his contract and him and Z have been very solid

But we’re gonna miss all of his bananas that’s why we’re rocking it because he’s been picking all the bananas he knows the right ones to choose…

Does our banana eating Kuz

Stop Motion Waiting GIF by cintascotch

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Myers stays because we absolutely need him for playoffs. Please don't quote me but I think we've won 3/4 games where Kuzzy sat out. I think we are sitting on a disposable asset to be honest. Hate to say it, but I think the team would fair ok without Kuzzy. Especially because any move we make for him will bring in something else of value.

I don't think it alters our chemistry that much to move him. But Myers has to stay for now. He is finally playing up to his contract and him and Z have been very solid

Kuzy for Stamkos 3mil retained. Gitter dun.

TBL may be looking to move him, not interested in resigning him if they fall out of the races. In return they get a younger player with loads of talent, re-tool move around Kucherov.

Edited by AnthonyG

Remember how much doom and gloom there was in November when we were playing .500 hockey? And how people blew us off for saying it was a travel heavy schedule and teams go through ups and downs over a long season? And when you look at it. We are also tied for most games played so far this season, so we had to play a bit more than most. Now we are cooking in December. How we feeling now doom and gloomers? :classic_ninja:

The biggest question mark I had was games against good teams. 4-0-0 against playoff teams in December alone, can maybe throw in a loss against NJ, but they're currently not a playoff team. The one question mark I had they are answering in a big way this month, they are 9-4-1 against teams currently in the playoffs so far this season. I never felt the November struggles was a big deal. And so far, it looks like it was overblown considering we stomped in October and are stomping in December. And the one issue I did have they've answered the bell on. Feel like we need to give this team some credit.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Remember how much doom and gloom there was in November when we were playing .500 hockey? And how people blew us off for saying it was a travel heavy schedule and teams go through ups and downs over a long season? And when you look at it. We are also tied for most games played so far this season, so we had to play a bit more than most. Now we are cooking in December. How we feeling now doom and gloomers? :classic_ninja:

The biggest question mark I had was games against good teams. 4-0-0 against playoff teams in December alone, can maybe throw in a loss against NJ, but they're currently not a playoff team. The one question mark I had they are answering in a big way this month, they are 9-4-1 against teams currently in the playoffs so far this season. I never felt the November struggles was a big deal. And so far, it looks like it was overblown considering we stomped in October and are stomping in December. And the one issue I did have they've answered the bell on. Feel like we need to give this team some credit.

There wasn't doom and gloom, there was concern because they were playing sloppy, lazy, undisciplined hockey for a month.  Do you expect people not to discuss that as it's happening?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

There wasn't doom and gloom, there was concern because they were playing sloppy, lazy, undisciplined hockey for a month.  Do you expect people not to discuss that as it's happening?

That's YOUR interpretation and you've missed the entire point of the "travel heavy schedule" commentary. It makes people a bit more lethargic...something you perceive as lazy. Sloppy, sure...but if you don't factor in the why's you're only seeing things through tunnel vision.

Yes, they were also learning along the way but I highly doubt it was lack of interest or laziness driving things. These are the same players in the here and now so maybe give them a bit more credit. 

People express concern a lot around here but their concerns are often proven to be premature and unfounded. Like the Miller crowd...learn through your mistakes and pace yourself. Concern from the get go isn't really giving the team a chance.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Kuzy for Stamkos 3mil retained. Gitter dun.

TBL may be looking to move him, not interested in resigning him if they fall out of the races. In return they get a younger player with loads of talent, re-tool move around Kucherov.

That would be amazing, but NMC says hi.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

2010-11 Canucks at 33 games: 20-8-5, 45 points

2023-24 Canucks at 33 games: 22-9-2, 46 points

Caveat: the 2010-11 Canucks won 8 out of their next 9 games from games 34 to 42

Then our beloved Canucks will go 9 of 10

😜

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

That line change thing with Kuz sums it up in a nutshell. As a player you should be going all out for 45 seconds to a minute. Sometimes playing either only one offensive foray or one defensive stand and then off. The fact Kuzy is saying he's fresh shows he's thinking more about his own offensive production than being a cog in the wheel where the team's goals are first.

Unfortunately that's a player problem, You won't get very far if you're competing against similar players, except they have a team first attitude. The focus shouldn't be on whether you think you may or may not be tired, but when is a good time to sub off so the team maintains seamless pressure.

Also, of course he doesn't feel tired when he's not skating hard to be the first man in like he's asked to do by the coach. I personally don't have any sympathy or compassion for players that can't seem to make the distinction of what it means to buy in to the team vs looking cool for the fans. I like Kuzy a lot but he has to decide how serious he wants to take the game.

Great comment. 

I think Kuz is surrounded by the right people to make it work. 

His dad was a coach. 

His agent seems to have common sense

I think everyone in Kuz's corner knows that if he buys in and the system "clicks", Kuz will also benefit playing on this team and will start putting up good numbers. 

You can't argue with the rest of the teams success

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

He's a warrior...took that puck in the face and kept smiling through it all....but nice guys finish last.

Love ya deb but I hate this common phrase.

Nice guys do just as well as not nice guys.

Even in the arguably toughest sport on the planet.

gsp-canadajpg.thumb.jpg.d42647c14967e12d7eae11842017583c.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

That's YOUR interpretation and you've missed the entire point of the "travel heavy schedule" commentary. It makes people a bit more lethargic...something you perceive as lazy. Sloppy, sure...but if you don't factor in the why's you're only seeing things through tunnel vision.

Yes, they were also learning along the way but I highly doubt it was lack of interest or laziness driving things. These are the same players in the here and now so maybe give them a bit more credit. 

People express concern a lot around here but their concerns are often proven to be premature and unfounded. Like the Miller crowd...learn through your mistakes and pace yourself. Concern from the get go isn't really giving the team a chance.

Go easy on our dear friend @stawns there @-dlc-, have you seen him at Dairy Queen? Man is a machine. Ever cone is precisely layered with a twist at exactly 270 degrees and finished with a reverse half pike swirl dropped exactly 2.375" as the machine is shut down.

Neither rain, nor sleet nor $12/hour paycheck gets our man @stawns down, no not at all. Our friend @stawns is there for the glory of a perfect cone, day in day out, everyday. Dear @stawns would do it for free and thus dear @stawns expects no less from our team. And who are we to argue with @stawns, he of the @stawns Dairy Queen twist.

Edited by Rocket-68

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

The pairing of Z and Myers is super intimidating... Both guys are big, physical, strong skaters with a long reach. 

Its so weird to say but lately when we are defending or hemmed in our own zone,  I am the most confident in that pairing to not give up a goal and win puck possession and get the puck out. 

As the two get more familiar with the system as well as each other, they are gonna be super tough to play against. 

• Upvote 2

Also I know I rag on him too but could we lay off @stawns please?

Every board needs the "objective guy" otherwise there'd be no interesting discussions or debates. 

Last thing I'd want is for him to feel attacked here and stop posting because I do enjoy reading his comments. I don't agree with a lot of it but having different takes is what makes discussion forums fun. 

I'd just wish he'd admit that this isn't a wild card team and he pegged the team wrong. 

In hindsight, it's clear that Nov was a rough month with injuries and a gruelling schedule. What it did show us is that we were 1 injury on D away from being a 500 club. Soucy going down exposed our lack of depth and now that we have Z, things are good again. Having Soucy return will only make us stronger. 

It also allowed Juulsen more playing time where he has emerged into a very dependable 7D capable of filling in for injuries. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Love ya deb but I hate this common phrase.

Nice guys do just as well as not nice guys.

Even in the arguably toughest sport on the planet.

gsp-canadajpg.thumb.jpg.d42647c14967e12d7eae11842017583c.jpg

Good point(s). Nice guys in relation to being friends on the ice rather than foes. 

But nice guys are my favourite guys. They win everytime.

• Huggy Bear 2

40 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Amen

The only unsatisfying games for me this year was the vegas loss and the Philly loss. 

I felt like we were right there with Colorado. We outplayed NYR and deserved the win. 

We played well in the first Tampa loss and it could have gone either way but glad we beat them the 2nd time around. 

We are the real deal. 

I love Kuz but I hope PA is thinking about buying this TDL and right now, it seems like he's the easiest piece to deal while freeing up 5.5m. The team play doesn't drop off when Kuz is in the PB so he might be the easiest target. 

This is the last year all our core pieces will be on undervalued contracts before Hronek, Z, Petey, Joshua all get raises. 

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Also I know I rag on him too but could we lay off @stawns please?

Every board needs the "objective guy" otherwise there'd be no interesting discussions or debates. 

Last thing I'd want is for him to feel attacked here and stop posting because I do enjoy reading his comments. I don't agree with a lot of it but having different takes is what makes discussion forums fun. 

I'd just wish he'd admit that this isn't a wild card team and he pegged the team wrong. 

In hindsight, it's clear that Nov was a rough month with injuries and a gruelling schedule. What it did show us is that we were 1 injury on D away from being a 500 club. Soucy going down exposed our lack of depth and now that we have Z, things are good again. Having Soucy return will only make us stronger. 

It also allowed Juulsen more playing time where he has emerged into a very dependable 7D capable of filling in for injuries. 

I agree, laying off and laying on should be applied in equal measure and I expect the mods to apply rules equally across all posters, including me. 

The mods do great work here and if @stawns wishes to exercise free speech then all the more power to him/her/preferred pronoun. I wear asbestos underwear on every post and sometimes double up on one or two of them. 

All in good fun with "fun" being the keyword here. Mods will sort out what is or isn't.

Until then, a double dipped cone please @stawns

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Go easy on our dear friend @stawns there @-dlc-, have you seen him at Dairy Queen? Man is a machine. Ever cone is precisely layered with a twist at exactly 270 degrees and finished with a reverse half pike swirl dropped exactly 2.375" as the machine is shut down.

Neither rain, nor sleet nor $12/hour paycheck gets our man @stawns down, no not at all. Our friend @stawns is there for the glory of a perfect cone, day in day out, everyday. Dear @stawns would do it for free and thus dear @stawns expects no less from our team. And who are we to argue with @stawns, he of the @stawns Dairy Queen twist.

My first job was at DQ...

angry-chewing.gif.2330d98816fd735dac136af1a1af9300.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I eyed up my first boyfriend from the DQ...he was working at the gas station next door.

I was 13. 

So stoked to get a job at that age. 

I saved up and bought my parents tickets to Phantom of the Opera when it was playing in Van. They were stunned.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1