2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

1 minute ago, Devron said:

You’re welcome here Master mind. Now go Sweden 😉

I'd be happy with a Czechia or Sweden win for the Canuck prospects

A Slovakia win earlier would have been great as it'd leave me with a 3/4 chance at a good result

• Like 1

Just now, AussieCanuckinUK said:
8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

They will need a miracle to beat the US

But first..... GO LATVIA!!! 😄

Indeed, they will....but it does seem like a good day for miracles considering we missed ours!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

This is the "2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread"

Funny that you assume it's a Team Canada thread though. Swing and a miss...

The point went way over your head... you must have missed the 'Congrats' portion of my post. Whatever...

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Canada had a weak club. From the goalie out, they are just not that good. I wonder how many of those players get to the National League? 

Hockey Canada could've built a more skilled roster, but they went with grinders. Classic fail from the brass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

The point went way over your head... you must have missed the 'Congrats' portion of my post. Whatever...

Odd way to admit a mistake but I'll take the congrats.

It was Czechia's first time defeating Canada in a knockout round so it's a big deal, and hopefully inspires more hockey development in the nation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hockey Canada could've built a more skilled roster, but they went with grinders. Classic fail from the brass. 

Really? I didn't see the grind. I saw more a skilled team that couldn't grind well enough. No cycle game, no dump and chase. I saw too many plays trying to force offence rather than grinding out, when that was the better option?

Just now, Master Mind said:

It was Czechia's first time defeating Canada in a knockout round so it's a big deal, and hopefully inspires more hockey development in the nation.

My apologies for being rude. I'm a bit of a sore loser (and recognize that). 

Didn't know you had a connection...makes sense. Cheers

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Really? I didn't see the grind. I saw more a skilled team that couldn't grind well enough. No cycle game, no dump and chase. I saw too many plays trying to force offence rather than grinding out, when that was the better option?

Yeah, they failed to do their jobs. I look at that roster and wonder why two highly creative guys like Heidt and Cristal were snubbed, while scoring about 2ppg in the WHL as 18yo's.

Instead we got to watch a bunch of future AHL tweeners skate in straight lines trying to create off the rush. 

Happens. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1