2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We may not need to trade for a top 6 forward at the deadline.  We might just need to bring Lekkerimäki over from Sweden for the playoffs…

We aren’t really having trouble scoring goals atm. We could use a top 6 forward but more a guy like Josh Anderson to round things out. 

We could use another minute muncher defenseman like Hughes/Hronek. 

I worry of our D-core if one of them goes down. Would be nice to have a solid 2/3 defenseman carrying the 2nd pair and well as being top pairing insurance. 

Also would be good to have when youngster D come up and so he’ll have solid mentor. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We aren’t really having trouble scoring goals atm. We could use a top 6 forward but more a guy like Josh Anderson to round things out. 

We could use another minute muncher defenseman like Hughes/Hronek. 

I worry of our D-core if one of them goes down. Would be nice to have a solid 2/3 defenseman carrying the 2nd pair and well as being top pairing insurance. 

Also would be good to have when youngster D come up and so he’ll have solid mentor. 

Could potentially be a Kuz replacement down the road, if he rebounds and we hang onto him through his contract. Or Brock, if he drops off a cliff. Both are up summer of 2025, so if Lekk comes in and shows enough I can see management shedding one of their salaries with the OEL buyout hitting it's peak.

Edit: Agree though, a Josh Anderson type would be a great final top six add for our group.

Edited by Ralph.

Anyone have an updated height for Lekkerimaki?   I still see him listed at 5'11", but he looks much taller than than.  I know he's slim and that might make him look taller, but he really doesn't look 5'11"