2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

35 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Funny how we see things different.

I saw Edler nail everyone to the wall that dared to play ugly against us.

He didn’t fight after what ge saw he just took care of the player later with his elephant memory.

Yea but Edler never played with that nastiness where he wouldn’t allow anything to happen near his goalie.

I just see more of that edge in D-Peteys game so far. Both physical players though no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

They took a major off the board against Sweden with the justification that the Canadian player put himself in a vulnerable position. But suddenly threw their own justification out on this one on Geekie. I don't see how he's supposed to not hit the head on that play other than letting the player have a free pass.

8 minutes ago, drdeath said:

They took a major off the board against Sweden with the justification that the Canadian player put himself in a vulnerable position. But suddenly threw their own justification out on this one on Geekie. I don't see how he's supposed to not hit the head on that play other than letting the player have a free pass.

Yeah that major that was called back against Sweden was a joke. The one that was called today was a joke too. To me, it was just a huge hit.

4 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

That is very interesting... I wonder if he feels, if developed well, if he sees him as a potential number 1.  Not so much in van but generally?

2D next to Petey or anchoring the second pairing... I'd suggest that would be a home run... RHDs are valuable...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

Never is when it's an early game.

Between watching this game, tirading against bad reffing, attempting to get dressed and join the day.... pouring Gretzky's Creme something booze into my coffee, the day is getting off to a great start! 😂

• Cheers 4