2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

31 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Yeah that major that was called back against Sweden was a joke. The one that was called today was a joke too. To me, it was just a huge hit.

IIHF rules.  A clean hit in the NHL is not a clean hit in international hockey.  Any contact to the head (in this case it was the first point) is a penalty.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

At this point I think the players just like how loud these boards are when they miss the net.

I was trying to explain 'loud boards' to a barely-teenager, non-hockey fan yesterday afternoon.... finally had to give up amidst my own but...but....but... when she first had to have 'boards' esplained to her! 😂

13 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

They gotta stop looking for the picture perfect goal. Get the puck to the net and out work em.

That's been this team's issue all tournament. Either trying to make the super fancy highlight reel goal, when a simple shot would work, or, when they should pass, they try to do it all themselves. I was hoping the Sweden game would have been a wake-up call, but I don't think there's any hope. Canada will be lucky to win a medal

• Like 1