2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

29 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

What times the game and when do I need to record it, thanks.

Guys should make a sub thread.

Canada plays the Czechs, depending on where you are, at 5am pacific time. I know because I'm recording it.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol way to be prejudice and just paint everyone including the unborn cheaters and criminal. So everyone that ever played in the KHL is a criminal and cheater too. Better arrest podz and kuz since they according to you is a criminal and a cheater since they were part of the system for so long. That is such a racist thing to say calling everyone a criminal just because they are Russian rather than calling the individuals who are responsible or involve criminals. Larianov when he was talking about the injections back in the days in hockey.. literally doping was so prevalent in all sports in all country.. 

by the same account hockey Canada should be banned from hockey at the world level until all their sexual scandals are cleared coz in theory they are criminals too for enabling and hiding names of sexual predators 

Big difference is Russia’s cheating is proven to be state sponsored. Our cheating (and you mentioned the rape cases) are not state sponsored programs. Don’t understand how we should even attempt to connect state sponsored behaviour with individuals? 
Russian players can go where they prefer, but their state sponsored cheating should keep their country out of competition. 
Plus, the tournament is great without them! 

24 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Thanks holmes

Not a problem. But I think I may have misspoken, not 100%, but I cant remember if puck drop is just after 5, or just after 5:30am. All I know is I've got it set to record from 5 till roughly 10 tomorrow morning.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Russia’s cheating was organized at the top levels and was built into their systems of sport. Cheaters here are individuals or small groups, but it’s not organized as part of the system. Big difference when it’s state run cheating. 
IMHAO Russia should be excluded from hockey as a nation. Their individual rights players can player where they like. So at the WJC’s the country of Russia isn’t welcome. Cheaters and criminals. 

If you remember Alf they cut a hole in the wall at the specimen lab at Sochi so they could doctor the samples taken from their athletes. Many years ago they bribed a French judge in figure skating and were later exposed. The Russian people are used and abused by their leadership. At some point they have to rise up and throw these people in jail. Looking the other way or not taking action because they are threatened is not good enough. Every person in the west should look at Russia and realize how fortunate they are that our ancestors fought and sacrificed for our freedom. It does not come cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Wow maybe playing only 1 goalie the tourney was a dumb idea, 2 terrible goals 

Agreed. If you bring 3 goalies, should play a backup in a game vs Latvia. Not like Canada would have been at any risk of losing that game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Czechia playing the bend don't break strategy.

Seen this before with them

I don't think they're playing any strategy - they're simply being outworked now. We stepped it up a gear.