2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

its nice. My only concern is can he get that much space in the NHL to make that shot, outside of a PP? 

but its not a huge concern. I think he'll rip it up in Abby and we'll see him sooner than later. 

What do you think we pay Hughes and Petey for? 

11 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This is the WJC thread, it is more of an ASP thread than a Hronek one. Bringing up the trade is pointless, but discussing the remaining players in the tournament seem pretty on point. Not sure what you are expecting, only talking about the Canucks prospects in the tournament?

Not that I'm a Mod/Admin but..................IMHO, any discussions regarding the 2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread  is open in here. Whether it's about teams, individual players, etc; ASP, Lekkerimaki, D-Petey, Willander, Celibrini, Czechia, Germany, whatever!

Hronek has his own thread. Perhaps keep those discussions in there. BUT.......This is an open forum. And CFF is somewhat more tolerant of going off topic in threads. But I digress. 

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Our three Swedes are playing great! Fabulous picks by our scouts. 

I'm excited having Willy, D-Petey, and Lekkerimaki in our organization. And it's great to see first hand of what we have in them on national TV.

- Willy looks calm and steady.

- D-Petey; I didn't realize he was that big. We need players of his ilk in our back end. He'll be a beast for us!

- What else can we say of Lekkerimaki. Kid has a lethal wrist'er. And it seems he's got some 200 foot game as well.

6 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

One thing I’m curious to know more about, and I’ll do my reading but I wonder if you folks can share some knowledge too, is whether Nela Lopusanova (Elite Prospects Profile) could play for the Slovakian men’s world junior team? Is there a strict player is of male sex requirement? 

I don’t know how many of you have followed her so far, but she’s been dunking on fellas her senior throughout all ranks.

WTF?!?!?!?!?? Uhhhhhhhh.....No. Ain't happening. As talented she may be, there is no way she'd be able to. That's why there's a Women's International World Championship.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a bigot or a sexist; I'm certainly a supporter of all this gender stuff going on in society; I'm all for equality amongst the sex's. (But I am somewhat old fashion!)

Perhaps in the future when science fiction becomes reality regarding enhanced genetic profiling and such. 

Now that I think about it.................

...............Is there a Women's World Junior Championship??!??!?!!?  I think not.

Seems to me there's a Women's U-18 one (starts next week I believe!), but  don't Women go right to the Women's International team for Worlds/Olympic competition?

Aaaaaahhh. I digress. going off topic. Sorry!

Uh....Go Sweden Go?

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

Canada had a weak club. From the goalie out, they are just not that good. I wonder how many of those players get to the National League? 

You mean in Switzerland? 

• Haha 1