2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

Anyone have an updated height for Lekkerimaki?   I still see him listed at 5'11", but he looks much taller than than.  I know he's slim and that might make him look taller, but he really doesn't look 5'11"

You might be right, but he just looks very long and lanky in general.

8 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

It's weird because a poster recently claimed that USA's development programs are superior to Canada's....

I'm not sure USA's program has surpassed Canada, I think its been more of a byproduct that more countries have elevated their development programs to match Canada's and now we are seeing a more even junior level.

Would be interesting to see where Russia's would be since being taken out of the IIHF rotation due to the war.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm not sure USA's program has surpassed Canada, I think its been more of a byproduct that more countries have elevated their development programs to match Canada's and now we are seeing a more even junior level.

Would be interesting to see where Russia's would be since being taken out of the IIHF rotation due to the war.

Our best players are already in the NHL. This isn't a best on best tournament lol

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Our best players are already in the NHL. This isn't a best on best tournament lol

Goal Hockey GIF by NHLBlackhawks

just a chump though

37 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It has.  We used to have Americans come up in droves to play in our junior leagues.  Now, the opposite is happening where more and more Canadians are actually playing in the US system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This is an example of why people need to stop whining about having better refs in the NHL.  They are, literally, the best officials in the world.  There isn't some pool of refs better refs working in lesser leagues anywhere

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Holy shit whoever this colour commentator is gotta stop being such a simp for the US team.  What a garbage commentator

I like Mike Johnson......he's got some personality at least