2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

52 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

We have two picks that is comparable from Allvins two first drafts.

First, Lekkerimäki instead of Östlund and Willander instead of ASP.

It will be fun too see their development.

I will take Lekkerimäki and Veelander.  But we can certainly trade for Östlund…

• Thanks 1

You have to call that blindside hit. It's not a hit against the head but it's a super clear blindside hit. Then missing a super clear high sticking. He wacked him baseball style in the head. 

Willander draws the penalty, Lekkerimäki scores. 

Let's go Sweden!! We've got them on their heels most of the game

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

That non-call follow through highstick is ridiculous. I can see if the puck is on the ice and player follows through and hits opponent up high. But you shouldn’t be able hit the puck up high and smack the other playet in the head. That’s dangerous and should be a penalty imo 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Stick looked high to me!  Above the shoulders! Do not listen to this play by play crew, they're donkeys...

Yep.  So bloody annoying.  He said it was a follow through.  Follow through only applies when you are taking a shot, not batting the puck out of the air.  

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sergiomomesso said:

That non-call follow through highstick is ridiculous. I can see if the puck is on the ice and player follows through and hits opponent up high. But you shouldn’t be able hit the puck up high and smack the other playet in the head. That’s dangerous and should be a penalty imo 

I know it wasn't a shot, the follow through rule doesn't even make sense, it wasn't a possession play where he's shooting it he's literally waving his stick in the air

• Like 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

Yep.  So bloody annoying.  He said it was a follow through.  Follow through only applies when you are taking a shot, not batting the puck out of the air.  

The colour guy has been very biased towards team usa all tournament. Its been really annoying. 

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

You have to call that blindside hit. It's not a hit against the head but it's a super clear blindside hit. Then missing a super clear high sticking. He wacked him baseball style in the head. 

Willander draws the penalty, Lekkerimäki scores. 

Let's go Sweden!! We've got them on their heels most of the game

I dont like blindside hits either. But as long as he doesn't hit his back, leave his feet charging or hit his head I guess technically its nt a penalty but when comparing to the Geekie hit and the way refs call iihf it was shocking live.

Th missed high stick and holding on the boards after were surprising no calls too happy they called the trip though on willy if they didn't jheeez the game would have started to get ugly I think 

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

I dont think HAvelids having a gold medal performance personally

Two of those goals, the winger needs to giddy up and get to the point shooter to pressure, or make a real shot block. They partially screened both those shots. Maybe Havelid could have moved for a better view, but I didn't like either of those lame shot block attempts. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

3rd period starts & my feed cuts out endlessly. 

Firesticks are garbage gunna have to go to a different room

Ive heard you have to replace the firestick every few years. 

• Thanks 1