2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

33 minutes ago, farinush said:

JL has a heavy shot and is very trigger happy. He’s been putting himself in good positions and has had many quality chances. 

EP has looked fantastic. Good skating, physical along the boards, and has made smart decisions.

Willander has looked ok. He’s been looking better and better as the game went on. He was bobbling the puck for a while but he’s been settling in nicely. He jumping up in the rush and was activating from the point towards the latter half of the 2nd

Remember he's a year younger than the other two so is a bit behind in experience/progress.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

look how long its taking for Lekkermecki and d-petey..... dont worry it seems like a long term thing but we get them at the worst of the OEL cap hit. Amazing.

Oh I am not concerned. We have been rushing too many players.
See how things go but would think a couple years of college and maybe some AHL would be good for him. I think AHL a good idea for Lek next year too. 

Some elite talents are best serve going straight to NHL but that is the exception. 

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Oh I am not concerned. We have been rushing too many players.
See how things go but would think a couple years of college and maybe some AHL would be good for him. I think AHL a good idea for Lek next year too. 

Some elite talents are best serve going straight to NHL but that is the exception. 

If there is a way, and some injuries in the playoffs, LEK and Podz could both handle the NHL this spring.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yeah. He was always going to take 3-4 years before he sees NHL ice. We're in no rush to get him to the Canucks. 

he actually played over 19 minutes and only his pair was a plus 2. Meaning, no fancy PP time, just quiet calm and steady. clean in the dzone.

I bet the goalie thinks villanger is the bestest

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1