2024 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Willander looks like a long term project. 

Remember... On top of being his first wjc I believe, he's also been asked to play the left side.  Give him a game or two... As long as he improves as they go deeper into the tournament, that's a win.  

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 1

Loved JL"s game today and DPetey as well.  Willander was pretty invisible, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Gotta wonder if Willander over ASP was the right call.  

JL has got have one of, if not the best, shots in the tourney.  If Boeser prices himself out of Van, JL will be a good replacement.

Hopefully we see DPetey in NA soon, he looks like he's going to be a hit.......big Ohlund vibes from him

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Gotta wonder if Willander over ASP was the right call.  

All good to have your opinion but... From one game, where he's adjusting to the left side and first wjc tournament... And you're now wondering if we should have picked ASP?  That has me thinking you wanted ASP from the get go.  Sour grapes me thinks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I don't know. Recent issues with Team Canada shouldn't leave a stink. But it really turns me off. Besides most of the Canuck prospects are with team Sweden. And the games are too early, and I'm working starting tomorrow. So I'd miss a lot of games. I didn't find it made much sense to subscribe for a month.

Kind of sucks because I really enjoy the Spengler Cup.

10 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

All good to have your opinion but... From one game, where he's adjusting to the left side and first wjc tournament... And you're now wondering if we should have picked ASP?  That has me thinking you wanted ASP from the get go.  Sour grapes me thinks.

I'm only commenting on that game, not his body of work to date or what his future holds.  I'm all for their pick there, but ASP is wearing an A and getting prime nibs on a deep team.

I was ambivalent on ASP, one way or the other........there were a lot of good players to pick in that spot.

Can I have a different opinion without it being "sour grapes"?

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know. Recent issues with Team Canada shouldn't leave a stink. But it really turns me off. Besides most of the Canuck prospects are with team Sweden. And the games are too early, and I'm working starting tomorrow. So I'd miss a lot of games. I didn't find it made much sense to subscribe for a month.

Kind of sucks because I really enjoy the Spengler Cup.

While I agree, it doesn't diminish my support for Team Canada or Hockey Canada in general.  I believe they will learn a valuable lesson from it and come out better

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm only commenting on that game, not his body of work to date or what his future holds.  I'm all for their pick there, but ASP is wearing an A and getting prime nibs on a deep team.

I was ambivalent on ASP, one way or the other........there were a lot of good players to pick in that spot.

Can I have a different opinion without it being "sour grapes"?

But of course... But you're gaslighting here... Like "what did I say?  Don't I have a right to my opinion?"  Stawns, it's okay to prefer ASP over Willander... Go with that rather than presenting a weak ass argument, that's dressed up with a passive aggressive question.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

But of course... But you're gaslighting here... Like "what did I say?  Don't I have a right to my opinion?"  Stawns, it's okay to prefer ASP over Willander... Go with that rather than presenting a weak ass argument, that's dressed up with a passive aggressive question.  

I'm not gaslighting in anyway.  Says a lot that that is what you infer or took from it though