Friedman Believes Capitals Interested In Canucks’ Kuzmenko

6 hours ago, canucks curse said:

to be honest, I do not think a team will give up much for Kuzy, just our luck as Canuck fans, I totally believe this management group knows what to do, 

I would love a Tom Wilson type player or Lawson crouse. I think this management group is looking for a big bodied rugged forward who is a true top 6 player, but they are not going to break the bank and they realize that this sort of piece is a support piece 

these might be a stretch but here we go:

To VAN

Tom Wilson

To WSH

Kyzmenko

Mcdonaugh

Filip Johansson

To NSH

Kuzmenko

Linus Karlsson

McDonaugh

To VAN

Colton Sisssons

Matt Wood

I could also see a Kuzmenko + a prospect like McDonaugh/Klimovich/ for Colton Sissons + A- prospect ( Tanner Molendyk, Matthew Wood, Askarov), scission local guy is now like 3C/low end 2C and plays a real hard game that we would all love incl Toch, a bit older than Kuzy and only has like 2 years left.

If all you're going by is "Canucks luck", or lack of, in terms of what we'd get for Kuz, you have to realise how illogical that is. I'm not saying we'd get the sun and the moon for Kuz, but there's no indication we wouldn't at least get fair value for him. It's silly to think we wouldn't given the trades this management team has done so far.

I understand shell shock from previous times as a fan, but think about the trades we've done this year alone and how we've improved our team from them. Does that really say we'd lose a Kuz trade?

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Has there been any actual buzz about *us* wanting to sell Kuz?  From what I’ve seen this is all speculation that other teams are kicking the tires - no motivation on our part.  

I think Allvin will be working hard to make one more big move at the deadline  to maximize this OEL buyout / bargain year but I can’t see him in too much of a rush to fiddle with the roster as Soucy is set to return.  

When he’s back, this is the most complete team we’ve had since 2011.  Not nearly as polished as that group but pretty close overall pure talent. 

• Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Has there been any actual buzz about *us* wanting to sell Kuz?  From what I’ve seen this is all speculation that other teams are kicking the tires - no motivation on our part.  

I think Allvin will be working hard to make one more big move at the deadline  to maximize this OEL buyout / bargain year but I can’t see him in too much of a rush to fiddle with the roster as Soucy is set to return.  

When he’s back, this is the most complete team we’ve had since 2011.  Not nearly as polished as that group but pretty close overall pure talent. 

I doubt the team is shopping Kuz, but he does seem like the odd man out and doesn't really fit with RT's style.  He's the only guy with any real value, so it wouldn't surprise me, at all, to see him moved before the tdl

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, The Duke said:

No he got scratched and the Vultures circled for click bait. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/27/2023 at 1:54 PM, sassbs said:

One of the worst thoughts is he’s traded to Washington and he scores 40 goals 

Always the fear isn't it? 

if Kuzmenko is traded, they better get a good return where eve if Kuz scores 40 goals, we'd be happy with what we got 

• Like 1