Friedman Believes Capitals Interested In Canucks’ Kuzmenko

50 minutes ago, Provost said:

Good thing we may have a cheap scoring winger coming up the pipeline that may be ready for primetime in two years!

Having one ELC player a year who can come in and replace an expiring expensive veteran is how you keep a window open.

At the very least because of it, if they still want to re-sign Boeser they aren’t over a barrel and would have an easier time walking away from a number they don’t like.  Leverage counts for a lot in negotiations (which is why Petterson isn’t signing a $10 million AAV max term contract like folks are dreaming about).

The Kuzmenko rumour going around I have seen more recently is for Crouse and a 2nd round pick.

That sounds like a fan rumor. Unless Crouse has requested a trade I don't see why Arizona would be trading him. He's locked in for another 3 years at 4.3M. Also he's on pace for 30+ goals and 50+ points this year, can PK, and is physical. If anyone is adding a 2nd in that trade it's us.

• Cheers 1

I'd like to see us go after Frank Vatrano. He's having career year and going to the all-star game this year. He's getting PK time this year and he's on a contract of 3.65 this year and next. I think Anaheim will be willing to move him, because he's playing too well and they will be looking to tank for Cellebrini. Someone is going to make a play for him if they're smart. Might as well be the Canucks.

• Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

Before Christmas when this was all abuzz Kuzmenko had 8 goals and 19 points in 30 games. That was a 22 goal, 52 point pace over 82 games.

Since then he hasn't had a single point in his last 8 games bringing his 82 game pace to 17 goals and 41 points.

Hopefully we can find a team who will take a chance on him because buying him out only saves us 1.5 million. 😞

Edited by Coryberg

8 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Before Christmas when this was all abuzz Kuzmenko had 8 goals and 19 points in 30 games. That was a 22 goal, 52 point pace over 82 games.

Since then he hasn't had a single point in his last 8 games bringing his 82 game pace to 17 goals and 41 points.

Hopefully we can find a team who will take a chance on him because buying him out only saves us 1.5 million. 😞

He's probs more a 20-30 goal, 40-60 point guy than what we saw last season. I reckon there's a chance he may have just had a career year off the hop, I've seen folks mention sophomore slumps but I dunno, he just hasn't looked like as much of a fit as he did under Boudreau. 

Hopefully he can do better over the second half if he isn't traded, it's not as if he's lost all his skill, he was simply due for some regression from last season and he's regressed harder than folks probably thought he would. 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:56 PM, Left Wing Nut said:

I'd like to see us go after Frank Vatrano. He's having career year and going to the all-star game this year. He's getting PK time this year and he's on a contract of 3.65 this year and next. I think Anaheim will be willing to move him, because he's playing too well and they will be looking to tank for Cellebrini. Someone is going to make a play for him if they're smart. Might as well be the Canucks.

Not sure if you saw this on HNIC, but Anson Carter suggested him on the panel.

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Not sure if you saw this on HNIC, but Anson Carter suggested him on the panel.

Yeah I'm seeing his name pop up all over the place now. I really don't see any way he stays in Anaheim. I'd be down for Frank 'the tank' as a lower cost option for a 2nd liner.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Left Wing Nut said:

Yeah I'm seeing his name pop up all over the place now. I really don't see any way he stays in Anaheim. I'd be down for Frank 'the tank' as a lower cost option for a 2nd liner.

If he’s at all like the “Big M” (a great Frank) then for let’s get this guy. 

If we pick up Vatrano before the all-star game, we will have 6 Canucks players at the all stars.

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 12:24 AM, canucks curse said:

this is Canucks  curse, son  he past out in bed I am secretly on his account so don't tell him

but he works too hard he thinks he's too important 

Da fook is this? Did you put the shaving cream in his hand and tickle his nose with a feather? 

Maybe we can see 2 trades take place if the Capitals can clear some cap space.

To Canucks: ?

To Capitals: Kuzmenko

To Canucks: Henrique (50% Retained), Vatrano

To Ducks: ?

Gives the team many lineup options:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev - Henrique - Vatrano

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Henrique - Vatrano

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

If this was training camp still, I'd be suggesting that we try line of:

Bains, Pettersson, Boeser

Bains has skill and isn't afraid of going to dirty areas and he has enough speed to chase people down on the forecheck.

I think Bains would flourish with those 2 guys.

• Haha 1

If Kuz is going to Washington, I could see management pushing for Dylan Strome. 

Management has constantly said their ideal targets are in that 24-27 age range as they're young, but ready to play in the NHL. We'll of course need to add more, but Dylan Strome centering the second line, or sharing that position with Petey seems to make a lot of sense (if possible).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ngoway said:

Management has constantly said their ideal targets are in that 24-27 age range as they're young, but ready to play in the NHL. We'll of course need to add more, but Dylan Strome centering the second line, or sharing that position with Petey seems to make a lot of sense (if possible).

So, we get their #2 centre for a guy who can barely play a regular shift for us......hmmmm........giphy.gif.957baf726496651967f8c81a9d8a948d.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngoway said:

I don't want Dylan Strome. Sure, he's decent offensively, but he's slower than Boeser, doesn't hit, and doesn't kill penalties. Not a player we need.

11 hours ago, Diamonds said:

I don't want Dylan Strome. Sure, he's decent offensively, but he's slower than Boeser, doesn't hit, and doesn't kill penalties. Not a player we need.

Is he actually that slow? His speed didn't look that bad to me when I watched his highlights. 

The main thing we'd need is someone who's more offensively skilled. I think we have enough guys who can kill penalties, and I'm sure we could find some other pieces for the third or fourth line that would add more hitting.