Friedman Believes Capitals Interested In Canucks’ Kuzmenko

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

IF... PA/JR feel we need to trade Kuzzy this would be my Christmas wish 

Kuzmenko + a mid round pick (3rd-5th)  for Alex Tuch. 

Alex Tuch is EXACTLY what our top 6 needs. 6'4 and 220 lbs 

He has high end speed, hard hitting and plays a north/south game which RT loves. He's great on the boards, wins alot of puck battles and hard to move in front of the net.  He's performed around .5 PPG in the playoffs and .68 PPG during the regular season. He's 27 & signed for 2 more seasons at $4.75 million per season.  I think he'd be  perfect for Tocc's :"systems & Puck Presure" coaching philosphy. He also offers playoff expierence and has a 5 team no trade list.

Agreed for Tuch, he'd be a perfect fit. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

Man alex tuch on the boeser millzy line sheesh he is very valuble to the sabres in the room but one can dream  

I was thinking he could play on Petey's line. Big, fast body on the forecheck who would create alot of room for Petterson. 

He could play on any line though and have success in RT system. He brings that tough grinding element to a line, especially come playoff time. 

Kuzzy is great in the room as well and well liked but doesn't offer Tuch's playoff experience. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

5 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Sold low on Beauvillier and used the cap space to get Z.... so yeah

Definitely would suck to sell low, but I think he’ll fetch something fair for us. Another useful piece to the puzzle.

And at the end of the day he was a free asset, whatever he brings back was more than we had in the first place.

I’m still rooting for him to stay. I think they are crash course learning with him on the fly to build him up defensively. I think this season is all about trying to round his game out the best you can.

If it doesn’t work out trade him next year as a playoff rental. He’s shown he can be gifted minutes and score. Pump up his stats next year and sell him off. We’ll get more then than we will now for him considering his cap and term.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

41 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

As a Buffalo fan I had to laugh at the Tuch comments.  Brutal trade for the Sabres.  Why would they ever do this? lol 

I assume their not looking to trade him but it doesn't hurt to inquire. 

IMO Buffalo does the trade because their getting the more offensively gifted player with a sweetner (3rd or4th round pick). Players are the same age, Kuz has another season left on his contract and Tuch has 2.  Kuzzy is $750,000 more a season but has less term. I think Buffalo meeds to do something to shake up their team and you aren't gonna do it with one of their young core players (that's signed long term).   I like Buffalo but it doesn't look like they're a playoff team just yet. 

Kuzmenko has the ability to light it up which could help jump start some sustained sucsess, he did it here last season. He also becomes a trade assett for the remainder of this season and next, if Buffalo isn't contending for a playoff spot by then they can trade or recoup some picks.

I still think it's prudent to keep Kuzmenko and work with him on RT systems, I was just saying if Mgmt was adament about trading him Tuch would be my target.

He won't offer as much offence as Kuzzy but he offers a different playing style which we could use.  

Just my 2 cents though. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

As a Buffalo fan I had to laugh at the Tuch comments.  Brutal trade for the Sabres.  Why would they ever do this? lol 

Because the Sabres suck pucks. Their core needs a shakeup. They should dumperoo Dahlin, before that ugly contract kicks in. But getting Kuz Missile for Tuch would be a good upgrade too. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I assume their not looking to trade him but it doesn't hurt to inquire. 

IMO Buffalo does the trade because their getting the more offensively gifted player with a sweetner (3rd or4th round pick). Players are the same age, Kuz has another season left on his contract and Tuch has 2.  Kuzzy is $750,000 more a season but has less term. I think Buffalo meeds to do something to shake up their team and you aren't gonna do it with one of their young core players (that's signed long term).   I like Buffalo but it doesn't look like they're a playoff team just yet. 

Kuzmenko has the ability to light it up which could help jump start some sustained sucsess, he did it here last season. He also becomes a trade assett for the remainder of this season and next, if Buffalo isn't contending for a playoff spot by then they can trade or recoup some picks.

I still think it's prudent to keep Kuzmenko and work with him on RT systems, I was just saying if Mgmt was adament about trading him Tuch would be my target.

He won't offer as much offence as Kuzzy but he offers a different playing style which we could use.  

Just my 2 cents though. 

Tuch has previously said that Buffalo is his childhood team and that he's really excited to be able to play there. He has also been greatly outplaying his contract and is a big leadership presence for Buffalo. I don't know if I would ever say the chance of trading him is 0% but it has to be pretty close. If Buffalo trades someone to shake things up it isn't going to be Tuch. Buffalo has often had trouble convincing players to want to stay, so if they actually have someone who's dream it was to play for them, and is outplaying their contract, that player isn't getting traded.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Tuch has previously said that Buffalo is his childhood team and that he's really excited to be able to play there. He has also been greatly outplaying his contract and is a big leadership presence for Buffalo. I don't know if I would ever say the chance of trading him is 0% but it has to be pretty close. If Buffalo trades someone to shake things up it isn't going to be Tuch. Buffalo has often had trouble convincing players to want to stay, so if they actually have someone who's dream it was to play for them, and is outplaying their contract, that player isn't getting traded.

Tuch had a big night tonight against Toronto (4 points) 🙂

I was not aware he was from the area or that Buffalo was his childhood team. He's a good player, plays the game tough, most (if not all) teams will be looking to add someone like him, come playoff time. As I origanally stated, Tuch would be on my Christmas wish list. Clearly we don't always get what we ask for at Christmas. LOL     

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

He has high end speed, hard hitting and plays a north/south game which RT loves. He's great on the boards, wins alot of puck battles and hard to move in front of the net.  He's performed around .5 PPG in the playoffs and .68 PPG during the regular season. He's 27 & signed for 2 more seasons at $4.75 million per season.  I think he'd be  perfect for Tocc's :"systems & Puck Presure" coaching philosphy. He also offers playoff expierence and has a 5 team no trade list.

Kuzmenko  (IMO) has a higher ceiling and more offensively gifted but seems confused and stagnant under Tocc's system. I fully expect he will turn it around with a little more time & patience. In Buffalo, where they seem to be a little less structured (in their systems) he would probably flourish. Kuzzy has great puck skills and good with puck possession but I feel his creativity has been stunted lately because he's worried about making a mistake. Kuzmenko is sighed for 1 more season at $5.5 million. Buffalo might be intrested in this trade as they get the more offensive player (IMO) and are only commited financially for 1 more year...plus they could be looking to shake their team up.

I'm not saying we should trade Kuzzy...I really like him and feel with time he'll find his game abd return to form (or something close to it)

BUT... If Mgmt feel they need push all in then this is the kind of trade I'd like to see.      

I can't disagree with anything you've written here.....except if they do make a trade, it's also their chance to cut back on some salary.  It sure would be nice to have some breathing room for the number of players they need to sign.  So do they go all in for this year's playoffs or do they look for securing the next few years.  Tough call and one of the reasons why locking up EP and Hronek sooner rather than later would be helpful.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Kuzmenko  (IMO) has a higher ceiling and more offensively gifted but seems confused and stagnant under Tocc's system. I fully expect he will turn it around with a little more time & patience. In Buffalo, where they seem to be a little less structured (in their systems) he would probably flourish. Kuzzy has great puck skills and good with puck possession but I feel his creativity has been stunted lately because he's worried about making a mistake. Kuzmenko is sighed for 1 more season at $5.5 million. Buffalo might be intrested in this trade as they get the more offensive player (IMO) and are only commited financially for 1 more year...plus they could be looking to shake their team up.

I'm not saying we should trade Kuzzy...I really like him and feel with time he'll find his game abd return to form (or something close to it)

BUT... If Mgmt feel they need push all in then this is the kind of trade I'd like to see.      

But why would Buffalo do this deal? 

Kuzmenko right now is a downgrade for Tuch. 

I think Canucks would need to add a little more to get Tuch. Tuch for Kuzmenko (pretty much a swap from your proposal) wouldn't be fair for the Sabres. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Not only that, he's from Syracuse so he's pretty much a Buffalo local 

He's not a guy Buffalo should be looking to move, and they likely aren't 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

they didn't win, so Kuzmenko in for the Sharks on Saturday? 

it seems like an ideal game to throw him back in.

They are a bad team, if you want to help a guy’s confidence that is a good chance.

On the other hand, if they don’t put him in for this game, that would be pretty bad news for his future with the team.  We have a pretty tough stretch coming up without a bunch of bottom feeder opposition like we have seen earlier in the season.  

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Diamonds said:

If Tuch got the chance to join the American Canuck mafia in Vancouver he would race to the airport. Automatic playoffs with the core of the Team USA next year. No brainer. 

I would absolutely love to see Tuch in Vancouver but I also can't see Buffalo trading him anytime soon. A big, fast, point per game player on a great contract that loves it in Buffalo? He'd cost way more than Kuz and a mid pick.

That said, if Tuch were available, I'd go as far as giving up Kuzmenko, a 1st and possibly a b-level prospect. 

Tuch-Petterson-Mikheyev

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Lafferty-Suter-Aman/Podkolzin?

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Cole

That's a lineup with both the size and speed that I think could go toe to toe with any team in the league come playoff time.