Friedman Believes Capitals Interested In Canucks’ Kuzmenko

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Agree to disagree. I see no world where Kuzmeko holds that type of value right now. I'd reckon there's about a 50/50 chance we'll find out who's right within the month. I'll make sure to re-open this discussion if he's traded. 

perhaps this is another brilliant move by the canucks management to make sure petey signs a decent contract and then he can have Kuzy back to play with. Or we are just holding our cards close so playoffs we can put the team back together.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe there's the possibility Kuz doesn't want to be here. If that's the case then we take the best offer. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe Kuz isn't a fan of Tocchet 

Anyone who watches how happy Kuz is to be in Vancouver knows there is a deeper meaning to all of this. There is so much chemistry between Kuz and petey. Maybe they take him out of the picture to help Mik and petey gel better. Then add the pepsi in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Anyone who watches how happy Kuz is to be in Vancouver knows there is a deeper meaning to all of this. There is so much chemistry between Kuz and petey. Maybe they take him out of the picture to help Mik and petey gel better. Then add the pepsi in the playoffs.

I think Milstein is a straight shooter. 

If Kuz wants out, Milstein would have said it. 

He was fine asking for a Zadorov trade out of Calgary. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think Milstein is a straight shooter. 

If Kuz wants out, Milstein would have said it. 

He was fine asking for a Zadorov trade out of Calgary. 

Exactly. And I think Kuz would even be happy to be benched to stay a part of his team

33 minutes ago, Tusk said:

To help Mik and Petey gel better? This is weird take bud. Why would Mikheyev not  gain chemistry if they all played together? 

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

To help Mik and Petey gel better? This is weird take bud. Why would Mikheyev not  gain chemistry if they all played together? 

havent you been watching? Petey and Kuz throw it around to eachother and Mik is kinda just the hanging around the net guy. I think Mik needs to be back out bumper area and by having other guys on the line Petey will find Mik... Mik will learn where to go. suter figured it out pretty quick so I dont think Kuz was the problem

11 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Exactly. And I think Kuz would even be happy to be benched to stay a part of his team

I think they know the canucks are building the team the right way. 

Kuz probably realizes learning how to play a 200ft game is actually better for his career. 

He still has 1 more year left at 5.5m so it's not like he's losing out on money right now.

He's actually in an amazing situation to learn how to play the right way. 

RT, Gonchar, Foote, Yeo Sedin Sedin all there to help and guide him. 

If he can figure out what RT wants and delivers, he might also be enjoying career numbers like the rest of the team. If he can do that 2nd half of this season and playoffs and have a great season next year, the guy will get paid. He needs to put in the work now for that to happen and I believe he is committed to being a better player. 

Im open to the fact he might get traded but I really hope he figures it out sooner than later so that he stays here. 

There's so many examples on this team of improved play and production after learning and doing what RT wants that it is easier to buy in. 

Miller, Boeser, Hoglander are 3 examples in the current top 6 that had to turn their game around. Now they are reaping the rewards of their hard work.  Kuz and Milstein would be foolish not to see that

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

havent you been watching? Petey and Kuz throw it around to eachother and Mik is kinda just the hanging around the net guy. I think Mik needs to be back out bumper area and by having other guys on the line Petey will find Mik... Mik will learn where to go. suter figured it out pretty quick so I dont think Kuz was the problem

Dude.. what? Mik is having a better offensive season the Kuzmeko, and that's not being on the first pp and while skating hard, playing well defensively, and being the player who digs out the puck and plays the blue color part on that line. 

Mikheyev is currently a much better fit to be playing in the top 6, and with Petey right now. He goes to the net, understands where Petey is going to go and pass to, skates hard to create turnovers so Petey can get the puck. 

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your post, but mikheyev has been an much more effective player with Petey this year over Kuzmeko.

• Upvote 2

On 12/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, Mando27 said:

Still don't like the idea of trading Kuz when he is trying to work things out. Unless the Canucks get an offer they can't refuse I don't see the rush.

Yes.   I'm sure that the goal is to get Kuzemnko's head wrapped around what the coaching staff is trying to instill.   Still think he likely stays.   And that he will turn it around, just might take some time.   Sure he's back for SJ.   Depending on how things go, maybe even gets his spot back with EP soon as well. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yes.   I'm sure that the goal is to get Kuzemnko's head wrapped around what the coaching staff is trying to instill.   Still think he likely stays.   And that he will turn it around, just might take some time.   Sure he's back for SJ.   Depending on how things go, maybe even gets his spot back with EP soon as well. 

So many options for both RT and PA. I would like to see Kuz back for SJ but that drops Suter to the 4th. Kuz could end up being a hope and prayer by Canuck fans. Frankly I don't like the KHL pedigree but what do I know. My take is that RT will consult with his coaches to determine Kuz's return. For that matter PA might be talking to those coaches as well to set a direction. PA might want Kuz back in against SJ so that Kuz can show the rest of the NHL his credentials. Either way I think PA is in a strong position. It should be decided by the end of January. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Tusk said:

Not this year and that's a big part of why kuz's numbers are so low.  Petey and Mik are the pair and juz just isn't getting a lot of good quality scoring chances.

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

They need a roster player in a kuz deal, not futures.

Or turn any futures (plus cap space) gained in a Kuz Missile deal into the needed roster player? That’s kind of Allvin’s MO. He acquires assets and then moves them to get what he ultimately wants for the club.

• ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or turn any futures (plus cap space) gained in a Kuz Missile deal into the needed roster player? That’s kind of Allvin’s MO. He acquires assets and then moves them to get what he ultimately wants for the club.

Agreed, though that's complicated and adds more risk.  

Curious about what the Rangers plan to do with Kakko. They're rolling. He has 3 points in 20 games and is about to come off IR. Will he even crack the lineup, and how long will Laviolette show patience with him? New York obviously saw the benefit of being patient with Lafrenière, but I wonder if Kakko is someone who's primed to be dealt.  

5 hours ago, Down By the River said:

Curious about what the Rangers plan to do with Kakko. They're rolling. He has 3 points in 20 games and is about to come off IR. Will he even crack the lineup, and how long will Laviolette show patience with him? New York obviously saw the benefit of being patient with Lafrenière, but I wonder if Kakko is someone who's primed to be dealt.  

Lockwood and a 7th rounder for Kakko. I think it is a fair deal.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1