[GDT] Vancouver @ Dallas / Thursday, December 21st / 5pt/8et / American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas / SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Kings lost to the Krakem ahaha.

All the pseudo experts like Drance have been hyping the King's over the Canucks for the last 2 weeks. Patrick Johnston from the Province was the latest wise-guy to be pumping the King's. The King's just aren't as dynamic as the Canucks. It's fairly obvious. But none of these wise asses can bring themselves to admitting that the Canucks could be the best in the west. 

I see Dom is here. He's a kings shill too

Kings two best and most important players are old. They are for going to regress. Kings will very soon suck pucks. Drance is an analytics dweeb. He’s a guy who throws out numbers but doesn’t know what’s it’s like to actually play. So there will always be a disconnect. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Kings lost to the Krakem ahaha.

All the pseudo experts like Drance have been hyping the King's over the Canucks for the last 2 weeks. Patrick Johnston from the Province was the latest wise-guy to be pumping the King's. The King's just aren't as dynamic as the Canucks. It's fairly obvious. But none of these wise asses can bring themselves to admitting that the Canucks could be the best in the west. 

I see Dom is here. He's a kings shill too

The Kings lost 2-1 on the back end of a back to back against a rested team. Let's not pretend like we are immune to bad games against bad teams. We lost to the Sharks ffs. Doesn't get rid of the fact that we (just like LA) are serious contenders in the west. 

Tonight should be a great game, fun to watch!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, we've helped PUT them out of a playoff spot.

I hate that the measuring sticks keep moving....it was 10 games, 20 games...Christmas.

I think the secret on this team is out. And even if over the next 10 games they falter a bit, it doesn't discredit what/where they are. Our schedule was gruelling to start and so it wasn't "easy" right out of the gates as some present it.  Every game's a key game....last year's brutal start should have us recognize that....this team's taking things very seriously by all accounts. Not sure why we're waiting for them to fail against "good" teams....and, at times, they will. But it shouldn't erase the fact that they're in the top of the mix. This is a good team even IF they don't beat all the teams all the time.

Thats a good point. I mean Arizona is sitting in a playoff spot  but we haven't played them yet. what's to say if we beat them 3 times this year instead of Edmonton, they'd be the ones that stumbled out of the gates and be on the outside looking in... 

The only reason I look at the 10 games I mentioned were because I see them as the top contenders. 

I also see us as one of the top contenders too though. I'm not discounting our team at all. We swept Florida, beat Carolina. 

We had a disappointing game against Vegas. We were missing Soucy but they were missing even bigger key pieces like Shea Theodore and another prominent player. 

I think it would make sense for us to see how we do against them to decide how active management should be at the deadline. 

Say for example we win both games before the tdl and showed really well like 5-2 and 4-1. Wouldn't that put more urgency on us to buy and add to this line up and go for it this year? 

If we look mediocre and get outplayed, it wouldn't be smart to waste resources and future development to take a shot at it when we could just bide our time and wait for the young guys to come up and contribute. 

Timing is a major part of sports. When to buy or stand pat could be the difference between winning a championship. 

Games against top tier teams help gain information on that timing. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Hate the Stars from way back. Besides, Benn and Sequin shave the same way.

Beat these turds.

shane churla and derian hatcher have been retired for awhile now deb, take some breaths and count to 10 ok?

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I like this team better than the 2011 team. This team is more like the 94 team in terms of grit, physicality, mixed with skill. 

As a fan of 30 years, this is the only team that has all the right pieces to be a contender. 

Norris level D in Hughes. 

3 HUGE D that can skate, play physical and defend (Z, Myers Soucy) physical Vet presence that still has lots of shelf life (Cole) 

Depth in Juulsen (7D)

Vezina calibre goaltender (Demko). 

One of our better backups since Schneider (DeCasey) 

4 lines that all play fast, aggressively and play the right way (puck pursuit lanes, stick placement, body leverage / stick placement in board battles). 

Strongest systems team since AVs days 

Miller Petey as the one two punch

Boeser battling Matthews for goal leader

Best bottom 6 in the league. 

There's a new swagger with this team. I used to worry about games like tonight or against a contending team like what if they come out hard and super motivated? 

But JT Miller is absolutely correct when he says it's not about them. It's about us right now. 

There's a belief that if the guys are playing hard and doing what they should be doing, it doesn't matter who they face, they expect to come out with the win. 

I freaking love that. 

Well said Jay!

The one thing our 2011 team didn’t have was enough toughness and big mean shut down D.

Not to knock the 2011 team but as soon as the Bruins started gooning us and the refs forgetting their whistles at home…we were done. 

I still remember Tim freaking Thomas cross checking Henrik in front of the net. Our team didn’t do anything about it. We were up 3-1 in the series and it still felt like we weren’t going to win.

This team is being built for that kind of match up…finally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think the big picture here is, if you've looked at our schedule. The longest losing streak we've had, has been two games in a row. And a bad run is a series of .500 hockey.

My heart believes. I think we've suffered so much Canuck trauma we keep waiting for the wheels to fall off. But for the first time looking at the Canucks record this year.

I'm wondering why everything feels just different. Maybe because it's been a long time since we've been on a stretch this good. In the end. I'm just savouring this.

Where the team ends up when the season ends, no idea. But I am thankful to the players, management, coaches, and the owners just shutting up, and let the team do it's thing.

Despite some naysayers, I think the fans are happy. And it's fun being a Canuck fan. But I'm finding myself. Don't brag about it. Don't rub it into other teams faces.

Just have a quiet chuckle at the Oilers and Flames woes.

And a huge thanks to Ribs, and all the mods/admins on here for making CFF our comfy new home. As annoyed as I get with ads, they aren't as bad as the gambling ads on TV.

And to you the fellow board posters. We might not agree on everything. But your input is what makes this site what it is. Sometimes it makes me pound my head against the keyboard. But overall, you're all quality people. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!   Merry Christmas and Happy 2024!

Beauty Brekky Post Ghost!

As the Canucks take their Rightful Place at The Top of the World, the wee little naysaying turd-like downers lose traction, lose their way, and cannot get any of their negativity to stick to the forum.

It is a Win Win Win Sitch folks.

Canucks Win

Fans Win

Forum Wins

It's just rainbows and skipping along to a fine tune here now.

Take your Negs over to the edge of the cliff and Jump Off with them Debbies.  (not you Deb, oc)(your evil relatives, from TexAss, perhaps..)

No room on the Canucks Bandwagon for Drips.

We are all Happy Here.

How 'bout a Good Old-Fashioned Beat Down on those flea-ridden Dallas Dogies?

GO CANUCKS GO  

Game 1:  Canuck Hockey Gods 10 - Dallas Garbage Dumps 0 

(as in SFA, none, nada, nil, no fn goals for you, get outta here with that cowboy nonsense, you're a bunch of Driblers and Droolers, etc. - Rules Enforced by The Goal Nazi)

You don't bother me:

DrearyBouncyAnemoneshrimp.gif?w=607&ssl=

WTF?: I thought I told you to get out of here!  Look!  None of the others like you.

giphy.gif

Nothing you can do about it, should have signed to play for the Canucks!

dallas-stars-justin-dowling.gif

• Cheers 1