[GDT] Vancouver @ Dallas / Thursday, December 21st / 5pt/8et / American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas / SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah or Marchand toying with Sedin's face. Bergeron shoving his fingers down Burrow's throat. 

Raymond getting sent off on a stretcher. 

Can you imagine that shit going down with Miller, Z, Myers, Soucy, Juulsen, Cole, Joshua? We then have the remaining guys like Bleuger, PDG, Lafferty ready to go into forecheck hard and hit? 

Petey is not the biggest but he gets fired up and doesn't shy away from physical play. 

Garland is small but opportunistic (Zadina) 

Every guy we have right now is playing tougher than they have in the past. 

Big kudos to RT for changing the culture of this team and for management to bring in the right pieces for the players. 

This team is built for the playoffs

That series was disgusting. The way the Bruins acted is ridiculous. Yes they won the cup but it was all dirty pool…

Well we can play dirty now if we want. 

Not that we need to. But the team toughness overall is what has me more confident going into the playoffs.

I think we’ve all been wanting a change in culture. Even when we had the Sedins. I appreciate the years and all the wins. But if we want a cup you can’t turn the cheek on a nasty team and hope your power play will save you.

It’s all about the 5 v 5 hockey come that time. Team toughness is what will bring us a cup and is what other teams like Vegas, St Louis, Colorado, Kings, etc all had when they won.

(I don’t include tampa because honestly now that covid is over and the playoffs are real again they haven’t burned thru teams like they did thru covid…not to diminish them winning the cup…but with no crowds and atmosphere it’s not the same…and teams haven’t been ravished by sickness…they won a tournament not a stanley cup imo…if the canucks won those cups it’s all we would hear that they aren’t really a real winner because of those circumstances mentioned…but tampa no one says shit.)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Thats a good point. I mean Arizona is sitting in a playoff spot  but we haven't played them yet. what's to say if we beat them 3 times this year instead of Edmonton, they'd be the ones that stumbled out of the gates and be on the outside looking in... 

The only reason I look at the 10 games I mentioned were because I see them as the top contenders. 

I also see us as one of the top contenders too though. I'm not discounting our team at all. We swept Florida, beat Carolina. 

We had a disappointing game against Vegas. We were missing Soucy but they were missing even bigger key pieces like Shea Theodore and another prominent player. 

I think it would make sense for us to see how we do against them to decide how active management should be at the deadline. 

Say for example we win both games before the tdl and showed really well like 5-2 and 4-1. Wouldn't that put more urgency on us to buy and add to this line up and go for it this year? 

If we look mediocre and get outplayed, it wouldn't be smart to waste resources and future development to take a shot at it when we could just bide our time and wait for the young guys to come up and contribute. 

Timing is a major part of sports. When to buy or stand pat could be the difference between winning a championship. 

Games against top tier teams help gain information on that timing. 

Yup; whatever helps you get there.

The Canucks are great!  Perhaps greater than they have ever been.

Today we put Dallas in the rear-view mirror.

Onto the Wagon All!  We're going Streaking Through Downtown Dallas tonight!!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952joy4969am0zecadhg28

• Haha 1

Dallas Stars are somewhat fickle, but make no mistake they do have the horsepower to take us down if we're not at our best. 

My gut feeling is this isn't going to be a defensive struggle. I chose Canucks to win for two reasons;

Been on the road for a while now and seem ready to go every game without distractions./ They have more players in their prime.

Stars will come out with reckless abandon but we're just that much better. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Cant get ahead of ourselves but this team does look to have a lot of what we need to be successful in the playoffs as well as the regular season.

Big Physical D- again not so much to punish the other team but to be able to withstand the punishment the other team dishes out. Hughes is the skill that stirs the drink but having some mean nasty players to put out at the back end always helps. Soucy comes back they have the biggest D out there i think.

Forwards that can score on all lines. 

A power play that is capable. This is still my greatest worry with the team, they need to get this thing going. Its vital in the playoffs.

Demko in net. He is starting to come around again and that only bodes well for the second half of the season. Desmith has been found money. I dont know if we will be able to keep him next year but he's been everything we could have hoped for.

I agree with the post this is more like the 94 team than the 11 team. Bigger for sure, can play the game any way you want and the depth is there. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

We've had the Stars' number for years now. They can't seem to beat us no matter how good they are. Probably have to go back to before 2010 to find a time when they were regularly beating us.

• Cheers 3

Edit: Harman Dyal earlier tweeted morning skate looked like Kuz in DGP out

Then tweeted Kuz wasn't on the PP drills and maybe Kuz not in

His last tweet is after the skate and Kuz is out.. Tocchet going with the same lineup as he did vs NSH

Can't wait until Soucy comes back. Our D is going to be really good. 

Hughes    Horonek 

Zadorov   Myers 

Soucy      Cole 

Friedman and Juulsen as extras.. That starting six all healthy and playing will be very solid. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kuzmenko in DGP out tonight.. 

Can't wait until Soucy comes back. Our ad is going to be really good. 

Hughes    Horonek 

Zadorov   Myers 

Soucy      Cole 

Friedman and Juulsen as extras.. That starting six all healthy and playing will be very solid. 

Kuz is in? Great

Let's gooo Kuz. 

Ideally, Kuz playing fully engaged in systems and skating hard and doing what RT asks of him will be like adding a 40 goal scorer at the TDL. 

If he can play like that, I think we can go into the playoffs as-is and maybe all that's needed at tdl is just a smart depth move to use up all the cap space. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes    Horonek 

Zadorov   Myers 

Soucy      Cole 

Is this confirmed? If so I don’t know how I feel about that. We are playing a formidable opponent and need our team to play well in both ends of the rink….

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes    Horonek 

Zadorov   Myers 

Soucy      Cole 

Kuz is in ... great! He needs to make the most of his opportunities. Hope he gets on the scoreboard.

If he can simplify his game, not overthink, and just focus on improving within the system game by game, he'll be better when we need him most in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

More of this today, but just this side of a major penalty 

Wow, almost 30 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Churla had been running at Bure the whole game and getting away with murder, unpenalized....it was a very rough and tough series

Some may call the Russian Rocket's retaliation "goonery" or a "cheap shot", but I remember it as being one of my proudest moments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes    Horonek 

Zadorov   Myers 

Soucy      Cole 

200.gif

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1