[GDT] Vancouver @ Dallas / Thursday, December 21st / 5pt/8et / American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas / SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Is this your superstitious mind at work?

you thinking that every time you say that, the Canucks win? Because this is the third game in a row.

the Canucks are winning, so what ever works for you I guess.

GCG!

GCG! 

All I will say.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

"There is absolutely no disconnect between the coaching staff, management, and our camp. We communicate daily..."

-- Dan Milstein

Ya I saw this couple of hours ago.. I don't think Kuz is the type of guy to cause a big problem. I think he'll take it in stride and learn that he's gotta change the way he plays to get on the ice. 

He's not the type to go public complaining and being upset. He seems like a nice guy with a positive personality.. He'll get thru this and come out of it a better player..

• Cheers 2

I know it's hard to argue for any lineup changes when the team is trucking along so well, but whenever Kuzy goes back into the top 6 I'd like to see this:

Kuzmenko - Petey - Hoglander

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - PDG/Aman

Kuzmenko is the most skilled goal-scorer on the team. In some ways, I think he might have even more killer goal instinct than Boeser. He should play with Petey, who is wicked creative and can make unbelievable passes. Kuzmenko is also an underrated passer and super offensively creative himself. Hoglander is the puck retriever and battles along the boards, while having enough skill to skate and read the play with the other two. Obviously, this line feels a bit scary defensively, so Kuzy and Hogs need to be both solid and reliable defensively for this to work.

Boeser and Miller have been stellar together, so keep that pair, but add in the speed and puck retrieval from Mikheyev. Boeser's pace has increased significantly from last year, but adding in even more speed could have this be a wicked forechecking and breakout line.

Third line is a beauty right now so no change.

Fourth line has some speed, great forechecking, solid physicality, and great defensive reliability and PK players. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't see a lot of Quinn post game interviews in the media. Don't know why.. maybe I'm just missing them and watch EP or Zad or any number of other players..

I think he's more of a low key Captain and has lots of guys in the locker room stepping up taking interviews post game..

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Ya I saw this couple of hours ago.. I don't think Kuz is the type of guy to cause a big problem. I think he'll take it in stride and learn that he's gotta change the way he plays to get on the ice. 

He's not the type to go public complaining and being upset. He seems like a nice guy with a positive personality.. He'll get thru this and come out of it a better player..

Agree with you. The last time Kuz addressed it to the press, he had a really great attitude about it, was professional, and understood what Tocchet was doing. He didn't seem upset at all.

I'm glad they have a plan with him and there's purpose in this. Joshua was in Tocc's doghouse and look at him now. Kuz will figure it out.

It's the media that have been spinning this into hysterics. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't see a lot of Quinn post game interviews in the media. Don't know why.. maybe I'm just missing them and watch EP or Zad or any number of other players..

I think he's more of a low key Captain and has lots of guys in the locker room stepping up taking interviews post game..

Yah, agree. What a Captain though. Does the interview dog tired and sweaty. Not sure what the process is for selection. Whoever sais, oh, ok.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree with you. The last time Kuz addressed it to the press, he had a really great attitude about it, was professional, and understood what Tocchet was doing. He didn't seem upset at all.

I'm glad they have a plan with him and there's purpose in this. Joshua was in Tocc's doghouse and look at him now. Kuz will figure it out.

Ya Joshua and Hoglander both went thru this earlier in the season..

Both of them are playing some amazing hockey now. Both big parts of the team..

Hogs used to throw the puck to middle of ice from the boards when he was in a puck battle.   ... lately I don't see that a lot.. the puck has to stay along the boards unless you gain full possession and are able to make a clean pass to a teammate.. he would throw it to middle of ice making a high risk play... sitting out and watching from a different perspective helped him..

Kuz will learn and get better from this too.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

henrik sedin established a captain's tradition of speaking to media after losses and allowing his teammates to speak to the media after wins (goddamn, the twins are just unbelievable right?). perhaps quinn is following in those footsteps. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hope you are right (I think) Can't discount the possibility there's something in the works and they don't want him injured. It's been a long road trip and you'd 

think he would have shouldered a part of the load, depending on the team.

• Cheers 1

How nice is it that the Canucks are 22-9-2 and have a player like Kuzmenko in their back pocket, as an option if they choose. They don't even need to play him, and they still win games. Nice to have some depth. 

Who knows, maybe by playoffs, Kuz will be dialed in, the X Factor

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tas said:

henrik sedin established a captain's tradition of speaking to media after losses and allowing his teammates to speak to the media after wins (goddamn, the twins are just unbelievable right?). perhaps quinn is following in those footsteps. 

This interview was after the win vs NSH. 

So I don't think that theory holds.. 

Quinn is a quiet guy. He has a lot of guys that can handle the media. Miller EP Boeser are all having good season so media goes to them a lot too..

Cole and Zad are really good with the media too so the media goes to them a lot...

Not sure exactly how the cap rules work, but could the Canucks technically put Kuzmenko on LTIR and have Hank and Danny spend full time with him, teaching him? It would keep Kuzmenko on the team, but out of the spotlight. 

The Canucks could free up $5.5 in cap, and maybe make a trade for another winger?  It sounds like this cap move could be a bit illegal, but we've seen some of the shit other teams do to skirt the cap rules. 

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Not sure exactly how the cap rules work, but could the Canucks technically put Kuzmenko on LTIR and have Hank and Danny spend full time with him, teaching him? It would keep Kuzmenko on the team, but out of the spotlight. 

The Canucks could free up $5.5 in cap, and maybe make a trade for another winger?  It sounds like this cap move could be a bit illegal, but we've seen some of the shit other teams do to skirt the cap rules. 

Nope, can't put a non-injured player on LTIR

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

No, he would have to be injured for that... What they could do is hold him out of the line up long enough that they could send him to Abby on a conditioning stint without putting him on waivers. But of course Kuzy would have to agree

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hope you are right (I think) Can't discount the possibility there's something in the works and they don't want him injured. It's been a long road trip and you'd 

think he would have shouldered a part of the load, depending on the team.

Well ... true ... you never know. I'm just taking it the way I see it from Kuz himself and Milstein ... it matches up.