[GDT] Vancouver @ Dallas / Thursday, December 21st / 5pt/8et / American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas / SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

So it wasn't after a loss...

I'm only talking about post-game media specifically, which was hank's thing. it's about taking pressure off his teammates and putting all the ownership for losses on himself. 

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

I’m sorry but when you have a 39 goal scorer getting healthy scratched for a grinder 4th liner it is something. I get it; they are working to fix his game. Having said that, sitting in the box multiple nights is simply punishment not working on his game; nor does any real system practices happen on road. They are simply skates and working on strategy for the up coming game.

predictability/effectiveness of a line matters too. 

You cant have 2/3 guys forechecking/grinding hard.  It’s how the 2/3rd outlet passes dont get turned over.    

And a good 4th line should be getting a lot of D zone starts.  Who are you going to trust more grinding along the boards/ getting the puck out and into the OZ? Kuz or PDG/Lafferty? 

I think Kuzy will be fine-he’s not going to die on the vine or anything. Watching some of these games might even be more instructive for him. 

3 hours ago, snowman955 said:

Doesn't matter how much we don't like the Kuz sitting. We can only assume RT is sending a message. Like it or not. Mgt has done things for this team,we never thought possible.

Direction, unity,confidence and TEAM drive.

We need to sit back and enjoy the ride. No one here is getting paid for opinions. 

Our team is in a place we haven't seen in years. I, for one, am down right proud of what has Transpired. 

Enjoy the ride fellow Nucks.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there were physical/mental issues from being hit in the face with a slap shot.

I like Kuz a lot and I am hoping that he will slot back in after the holiday break.

Fresh and raring to bust out in the dog days of January.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet also needs to start acting like professional and stop setting up players for failure.  Otherwise, he needs to be replaced with a coach willing to conduct himself appropriately.

2011 Team after 32 games -> 19 - 8 - 5 for 43 points ... picked this team as many are using them as a yard-stick to measure the current iteration of our beloved Canucks

This team after 33 games -> 22 - 9 - 2 for 46 points and 1 point out of top spot overall

Now after this point the 2010-2011 season, that team won 9 out of 10 if memory serves correct (read on another post this stat), let's see what the Canucks do over the next 10 games.

Dakota Joshua spent a bit of time in Tocchet's doghouse polishing the press box furniture and emerged as a force on the 3rd line contributing offensively, killing penalties and being hard to play against.

Seems like Tocchet does know a little bit about coaching. Kuz will be just fine ... whether here on the Canucks or sadly if it comes to it somewhere else.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if there were physical/mental issues from being hit in the face with a slap shot.

I like Kuz a lot and I am hoping that he will slot back in after the holiday break.

I did mention that right after. I believe a full face cage may be the answer 

9 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Hockey players are not pussys 

clapper to the flapper is a non issue 

Dude played great last year when we had no chance to make the playoffs and the team was loose and had no structure . Play the coaches system or move on 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

This amateur coaching whine is so stale.

Kuzmenko has to start playing (and acting) like a pro; then he will be in a position to Help The Team.

Coaches careers are short and WINS rule the day.

Coach Tocchet feels the team has a Better Chance of Winning with Kuzmenko Out Of The Lineup.

Nobody on here is in a better position to evaluate the situation and do what is best to WIN.

It is not about getting scratched, sitting out, or punishment, it is not even about development really; it is about Winning the Game Tonight.  That's it.

You know the drill:  JUST WIN BABY!

I never said anything about poor coaching or anything remotely close to whining. RT and his staff do a great job.  BUT when you have a 39 goal scorer getting multiple healthy scratches, it isn’t nothing and simply something fabricated by the media.

And yes; we need a 4th line to play like a 4th line, and having such gives us a better chance to win tight games overall.  Kuzmenko is not that guy, whether he plays more 200’ or not. With him, you have three options:

1) play him in top 6

2) Trade him for a better fit; he has great value bc of the short term

3) send him to AHL or back to Vancouver to work on his game. He is not working on fundamentals on the road.

34 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet also needs to start acting like professional and stop setting up players for failure.  Otherwise, he needs to be replaced with a coach willing to conduct himself appropriately.

I mean really, stop winning so much Tocchet. It's getting annoying. You're making the 31 other coaches look bad. Sheesh.  🤪

Only a non-Canucks fan would complain about Tocchet. Guy's going to win Coach of the Year. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1