[GDT] Vancouver @ Dallas / Thursday, December 21st / 5pt/8et / American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas / SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

32 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Or you could act like a real coach and bench him so the team can play properly and Win The Game.

Take a look at the faces of EP, QH, and JT when Kuzmenko it high-fiving and smiling: they are The Three Grimm Brothers, not The 3 Amigos.

They are not at all pleased with Andre Kuzmenko

Open your mind and see there are more than the 3 shallow options you have listed.

It no longer matters if the Kuz scores as his poor play otherwise causes more goals against than he contributes.

It also undermines everyone else's hard work to play good all-pro hockey when one teammate is off on Happy Banana & Pepsi Island.

Especially the coach's hard work on systems, and defense, and attention to detail, playing the game the right way, need I go on?

He is an odd duck; I hope he is traded; I would like to see the return and get rid of the $5.5m hit.

We got him for nothing and built up those famous '39 goals' into a valuable chip to play in the trade game.

Check out the gifs below, in the first one, I am surprised he's not eating a knuckle sandwich; in the second, teammates are befuddled by his behaviour.

You sit on the bench, watch the game, listen to your coaches and teammates, and do what you're told when you're told to do it.

It's not a snack break.

P.E.T. (Pierre Trudeau, wee Justin's supposed dad) coined "Fuddle Duddle" and imo AK is a Fuddle Duck and probably has been on the trade block for a while.

RT just doesn't want him on the ice for our team anymore; at least until he figures out the professional game.

c660d6cf1c58b32a4b130fe93846ed2cd16a70c4giphy.gif

He definitely is an odd duck. 

But... let's see how this all play out. 

The guy is extremely talented. Let's see if he buys into the system. 

A 30 goal scorer, if he can play a complete game is worth keeping. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet also needs to start acting like professional and stop setting up players for failure.  Otherwise, he needs to be replaced with a coach willing to conduct himself appropriately.

Jeez Heff, was it your wife and not Gretzky's that he was off 'gambling' with?

And was it your wife who 'lost all that money gambling'?  And not on C&C (Coke and Cristal)?

zI-_3R.gifNo champagne, no cocaine, and now, NO MONEY!

"Hi Honey, where ya been?"

"Vegas"

"Where's all the money in our bank account?"

"Vegas"

"Where's the new Ferrari?"

"Vegas"

"What's that all over your face?"

"Uhh, Vegas?  5372add7e9a843f4e7d5cdf7361c0288_w200.gi

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

He definitely is an odd duck. 

But... let's see how this all play out. 

The guy is extremely talented. Let's see if he buys into the system. 

A 30 goal scorer, if he can play a complete game is worth keeping. 

Its about managing energy. Everyone's body is different. It's doesn't just mean he's not buying in. He seems like the exact opposite of a personality that would just pout about the system and do it his way.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet also needs to start acting like professional and stop setting up players for failure.  Otherwise, he needs to be replaced with a coach willing to conduct himself appropriately.

Heffy, I always appreciate your contributions to the board, even when I disagree with your position. You’re passionate and take a stance, which I respect. In this instance, I think your passion is leading you down a path of confirmation bias. Basically the entire team is thriving under Tocchet and the results prove it. Players who have historically struggled are playing important roles (e.g. Boeser, Myers), players are developing into regular contributors (e.g. Hoglander, Joshua, Juulsen), newcomers are playing solid (e.g. Blueger, Suter, Cole) and the stars have taken their games to another level (e.g Miller, Hughes, even Petey is playing a more mature game and picking his moments). Kuzmenko is the one player whose game has appeared to regress, but the coaching staff has communicated their expectations and, according to Kuzmenko’s agent, all parties are on board with their vision. As a result, the team is near the top of the league and has the most regulation wins in the league - far exceeding anybody’s expectations coming into the season. And they’re still hungry - they’re the first to admit they have room for improvement.

If you won’t accept this demonstrates how this coaching staff and management have instilled professionalism into this team and put players in positions to succeed, what would you accept as evidence? What would you need to see to change your mind?

Edited by YourHuckleberry
Typo