Rate the last tv show you’ve been watching

Bllewellyn

On 5/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, Bllewellyn said:

Sugar

An apple original show about a private eye ,a movie connoisseur. I found the show very entertaining has a few twists and turns , Colin Farrell does a good job as the main character.

9/10

heck of a plot twist in that one 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/5/2024 at 6:33 PM, Bob Long said:

Really enjoyed it to. I really like Walton Goggins, he was great in Justified too.

guy is a very good actor.

And wonder if anyone has ever thought about a movie with him, and Timothy Oliphant as co leads.

They were great together in Justified.

• Like 1

Watching the acolyte 

as a long time Star Wars fan boy I’ll watch anything Star Wars and find some way to enjoy it, even if the nutter fan boys hate it. 

have to say, this show sucks 

3/10

Edited by ArmchairGM22

On 4/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, Shift-4 said:

Gave Fallout a try.

I know nothing about the video game.

After episode one I can't wait to continue.

Really fun show - I loved it . The video game fan boys were all angry about it, because it wasn’t true to the game. 

I never played the game and really enjoyed it 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:20 PM, ArmchairGM22 said:

Watching the acolyte 

as a long time Star Wars fan boy I’ll watch anything Star Wars and find some way to enjoy it, even if the nutter fan boys hate it. 

have to say, this show sucks 

3/10

This review by our dearly departed Armchair, and his comment that 'even if the nutter fan boys hate it'  reminded me of the review bombing the show is getting presumably because of its' Black and Asian leads.   That's an interesting story in itself.  I agree it's not a very good show but the severity of the backlash is telling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/06/24/in-three-weeks-the-acolyte-has-more-audience-reviews-than-three-seasons-of-the-mandalorian/

• 2 weeks later...

"Help! I'm in a Secret Relationship"

I give it about, I don't know - a 2 out of 10. I watched it for the first time.

The reason she was hiding him because she told him she was a vegetarian but she really eats meat!

Oh gosh, really? 

I would be like... Let's go eat some meat lovers pizza! 

• ThereItIs 1

So Help Me Todd - 6/10 (Prime)

It’s a cute, easy-going show about an overbearing mom and her less than successful son. Decent acting, but the writing is weak at times. Still watchable.

I just started Succession.

about 6 episodes in

It's pretty fucking ridiculous but entertaining enough to keep going.

Bones of Crows

Only just finished episode 2... and you MUST watch it from the very beginning. It's beyond intense, heart and gut-wrenching... soul wounding. No words.

"Based on real events, Bones of Crows is an epic story of resilience told through the eyes of Cree matriarch Aline Spears. She and her siblings are taken from their home in Manitoba and forced into Canada's residential school system."

"Cree code talker Aline Spears survives her traumatic past in Canada's residential school system to continue her family's generational fight against systemic starvation, racism and sexual abuse."

1882/10

• Upvote 1

The Mole - Season 1 and Season 2! 

10/10! 

It's on Netflix. 

For Season 2, I think it is Micheal. 

Season 1, I just started watching episode 1 and have not decided who the mole might be. 

Watched a few episodes of Children Ruin Everything. It’s beyond bad. It makes me cringe. The show tries way too hard to be funny and falls flat. It also gave me overly Canadian vibes. Terrible. Just terrible. 0/10.

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel cocaine

The story of Roman Compte, Cuban expatriate who fought against Fidel Castro in the bay pigs invasion and remade his life in Miami, and is now the general manager of the Mutiny hotel, the glamorous epicentre of Miami’s cocaine scene of the late 70s and 80s. I find this one of the best gangster type shows on TV at the moment, a solid eight out of 10.  

The Bachelorette! 

This week I give it a 9/10. 

As I ate my vegan ice cream with sprinkles on top with my eyes glued to the TV, I realized that Grant is my front runner. 

I also thought about the sprinkles, wondering if the sprinkles were vegan as well, and if all sprinkles are vegan? 🤔 I don't think that sprinkles have dairy or meat, so they must be vegan! 

Oh gosh, oh goodness! ~ We get two rose ceremonies in one night? !!

Rose ceremonies are my thing! Oh, and sprinkles too. 

Gave House of the Dragon a go.

First season was pretty good.

Not sure how I feel about second season. What was the fucking bother?

31 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I have seen a few minutes of the series, which was long enough to remind me I don't like Matt Smith.

also, seems like the concept of time, has escaped the writers.

Get ordered to go across the country and attempt to kill a ruler, and somehow the whole distance is covered by the time they've had dinner.

@Gnarcore

The Vow?

Saw you make a comment elsewhere about possibly this documentary.

HOLY FUCK

Three episodes in

HOLY FUCK

Not just HOLY FUCK for the revelation but damn the producers laid this out well so far.

On 8/6/2024 at 3:23 PM, Shift-4 said:

They are taking their time getting to all-out war.  And it seems they'll be taking even more time.  The series is slated to end in Season Four.

Just finished Shogun during my battle w covid. The cinematography, acting, sound design, brutality-everything was perfect.  episode 1 w the eerie ghost ship like imagery sunk its claws into me and I was hooked.

10/10 expertly crafted show