Rate the last tv show you’ve been watching

Bllewellyn

15 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

@Gnarcore

The Vow?

Saw you make a comment elsewhere about possibly this documentary.

HOLY FUCK

Three episodes in

HOLY FUCK

Not just HOLY FUCK for the revelation but damn the producers laid this out well so far.

Yup that was it. My ex's parents bought into NXIVM and to this day still say it wasn't a cult...which at the bottom sure it wasn't....just a pyramid scheme...

On 6/24/2024 at 4:32 PM, Satchmo said:

This review by our dearly departed Armchair, and his comment that 'even if the nutter fan boys hate it'  reminded me of the review bombing the show is getting presumably because of its' Black and Asian leads.   That's an interesting story in itself.  I agree it's not a very good show but the severity of the backlash is telling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/06/24/in-three-weeks-the-acolyte-has-more-audience-reviews-than-three-seasons-of-the-mandalorian/

I think the review bombing had as much to do with the the way they fucked with long established lore than anything else. The show was a steaming pile of shit to any long time fans of the IP. Just absolute garbage. 

On 8/6/2024 at 3:23 PM, Shift-4 said:

Gave House of the Dragon a go.

First season was pretty good.

Not sure how I feel about second season. What was the fucking bother?

Emma D'arcy as Rhaenyra is incredibly good in it though I must say. Her subtle facial expressions to convey emotion are ridiculously good. 

Just now, Gnarcore said:

I think the review bombing had as much to do with the the way they fucked with long established lore than anything else. The show was a steaming pile of shit to any long time fans of the IP. Just absolute garbage. 

I agree.  It was really bad.  I watched it only because the wife determined it was 'our show' and by the end even she admitted it was terrible.   Soon I will have to watch season 2 of that awful Lord of the Rings show.   Marriage is hard work.

Still, the numbers and comments behind the bad reviews point to a planned bombardment by white folks.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Emma D'arcy as Rhaenyra is incredibly good in it though I must say. Her subtle facial expressions to convey emotion are ridiculously good. 

I'm not knocking any actors.

Just writers

I moved onto Pulp: A film About Life, Death, and Supermarkets

I give it a 15/10. 

I'm preparing for the show in San Francisco. 

Pulp is on a North America tour soon! Playing shows in Toronto and select U.S. cities. 

Edited by brilac

The Bachelorette ~ I give it a 9/10. 

This week they are in Seattle. I had to turn away from the gum wall segment. That was a must NOT see. 

Thank goodness she sent that one guy home... 

Then, there was the rose ceremony. As I was yelling "Grant" at the TV, she did not pick him :classic_sad:

Oh my gosh, what a handsome fella he is! And was my front runner too. I read somewhere that he is going to be the next Bachelor. 

The Bachelorette ~ 8/10

This week was alright. It was hometowns. 

Next week however, the Bachelorette is on Monday and Tuesday! I'm so looking forward to it!!

Oh and then the Golden Bachelorette starts mid September! I am so looking forward to that!! 

• 3 weeks later...

The Bachelorette ~ An 8/10. 

He broke her heart! She proposed to him, he accepted, and eventually broke off the engagement. Didn't love her. 

He then followed chicks on Instagram and went clubbing. 

I'm disgusted and angry. 

recently watched on netflix:

Money Heist (Spanish: La casa de papel, [la ˈkasa ðe paˈpel], lit. 'The House of Paper') is a Spanish heist crime drama television series created by Álex Pina. The series traces two long-prepared heists led by the Professor (Álvaro Morte), one on the Royal Mint of Spain, and one on the Bank of Spain, told from the perspective of one of the robbers, Tokyo (Úrsula Corberó). The story is told in a real-time-like fashion and relies on an unreliable narrator, flashbacks, time-jumps, and hidden character motivations for complexity.

also frequently watch Hogan's Heroes and various John Wayne movies. 

Rebel Ridge -6/10

Disappointing tbh.  I was looking forward to a new Jeremy Saulnier movie-something dark and gritty, especially based on the trailer I saw.  Started out well and had the potential to become this powder keg of a plot but it turned more into a crime, conspiracy, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew film.  The last quarter of the movie was especially watered down.

Terminator Zero 8.5/10

A Japanese version of T1, T2 and the Terminator:Hunters & Killers comic blended together.  Really good and to see more.