[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So you honestly feel like he's earning his keep right now?  Blows my mind that there are people that are completely blinded by his performance in the first 13 games of this season.

yikes man. earning his keep? top 10 in scoring, let's waive the guy. 

widen your scope a touch. hasn't the guy earned enough grace that he can regress to ppg for a little bit without the hyenas coming out to tear him to shreds? why are you so eager to eat your own?

Edited by tas

2 minutes ago, tas said:

widen your scope a touch. hasn't the guy earned enough grace that he can regress to ppg for a little bit without the hyenas coming out to tear him to shreds? why are you donesger to eat your own?

Let the guy fucking vent man we lost

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, tas said:

widen your scope a touch. hasn't the guy earned enough grace that he can regress to ppg for a little bit without the hyenas coming out to tear him to shreds? why are you donesger to eat your own?

Because this isn't the first time he has slumped.  He does it every year.

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Petey would've been better off just going in alone honestly. Puck was moved back/forth too soon.

Oh well, what are you gunna do hat tip to Wedgewood.

That's what I meant.  Joshua should have been coming in behind(somewhat) him, looking for the greasy goal.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Because it's a forum and we technically did lose a game where we were outshot.  Even the best teams in any sport aren't going to complacent with everything.

As an example, we have won a lot of games with Kuzmenko scratched.  It's not great to see, right?  What I'm trying to say is that it should be okay to discuss some negative aspects of the team, particularly after a loss.  But you're right in that the big picture is overwhelmingly positive.

For every canuck fan, who just saw a loss but also a lead in the whole of the friggin NHL.... 

16 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Because it's a forum and we technically did lose a game where we were outshot.  Even the best teams in any sport aren't going to complacent with everything.

As an example, we have won a lot of games with Kuzmenko scratched.  It's not great to see, right?  What I'm trying to say is that it should be okay to discuss some negative aspects of the team, particularly after a loss.  But you're right in that the big picture is overwhelmingly positive.

Real 

7 minutes ago, tas said:

so does every player in the league. 

That's completely false.  Not every player slumps regularly.  Man, how are you actually happy with how he has been playing lately?  Genuinely curious, do you feel he has been playing well for the past 15 to 20 games??

Good game. What a battle to end a road trip.

Sucks that they lost the extra point.

They got 6/8 on the road and are sitting atop the league with Vegas.  

I am excited for Soucy to get back.  I hope Kuz and EP40 reignite just in time for playoffs.  

Just now, HKSR said:

That's completely false.  Not every player slumps regularly.  Man, how are you actually happy with how he has been playing lately?  Genuinely curious, do you feel he has been playing well for the past 15 to 20 games??

he has been playing as well as he needed to and as well as he could. I try to view the players as if it they were a teammate, and not a hired monkey dancing for my amusement. 

are you a pettersson fan? do you believe in him? trust him? do you think he's a person who tries his best, gives an honest effort? then show it. 

if not, tell us now. out yourself publicly so you can always be the pariah who naysayed petey for "slumping" to a mere ppg for a couple of months while he was injured and the team was tops in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

...That's a really tiny hammer...meh, it doesn't even look like she knows how to use it anyways. Best to start of small I guess, work your way up from there.

my first construction job I bought the biggest most expensive hammer, it worked real well when I Pulled all the nails from the reusable timber... Glad i had that, so when i hauled the 12 "new again"2x4 to the framers when they threw them all over the edge of the roof.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

Cause in the playoffs you don't get a loser point in games like this...you juat lose!

oh no, and if they hadn't got the loser point they'd only be 2nd overall.

oh, and last I checked, they have the most regulation wins in the league by a fair margin. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

he has been playing as well as he needed to and as well as he could. I try to view the players as if it they were a teammate, and not a hired monkey dancing for my amusement. 

are you a pettersson fan? do you believe in him? trust him? do you think he's a person who tries his best, gives an honest effort? then show it. 

if not, tell us now. out yourself publicly so you can always be the pariah who naysayed petey for "slumping" to a mere ppg for a couple of months while he was injured and the team was tops in the league. 

Believing in him as a player doesn't mean not criticizing him for poor play.  For what he's making and for what the experts believe he is commanding in a new deal, I expect more from him.  If he doesn't want to have pressure on him to perform at the level he's paid at, then maybe he shouldn't be paid that much.

He's not even slumping to a PPG level.  He's slumping down to 0.85 PPG.  A 68 point pace over the last 20 games.  That's not a small sample size anymore.  That's 1/4 of a season.

I'll come out publicly now and say if he signs a deal for 10.5 to 11.5m AAV, we will regret it.  You can quote me on that if you want to.  At a certain point, we need to stop talking about his potential.  He is 25 years old now.  He's not a young, early 20s player in a sophomore slump.  He's starting to hit his prime, and this is what we get?  That's my concern, and I'm sticking with it.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

oh no, and if they hadn't got the loser point they'd only be 2nd overall.

oh, and last I checked, they have the most regulation wins in the league by a fair margin. 

Read the post again...i was stressing the difference between reg saeson and the playoffs...and aren't we first?? lol. Leading with 4 minutes to go, a 2 on 0 with your superstar player. Yes the points great but it won't help in the playoffs. That was my only point.

Just now, HKSR said:

Believing in him as a player doesn't mean not criticizing him for poor play.  For what he's making and for what the experts believe he is commanding in a new deal, I expect more from him.  If he doesn't want to have pressure on him to perform at the level he's paid at, then maybe he shouldn't be paid that much.

or maybe we should go back to a time when a private citizen's personal finances were none of our goddamn business. 

you can be a fan or a critic but not both imo. they're mutually exclusive. 

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

My guy... he has 41 points. Lay off lol