[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

Just now, tas said:

or maybe we should go back to a time when a private citizen's personal finances were none of our goddamn business. 

you can be a fan or a critic but not both imo. they're mutually exclusive. 

Wtf? Personal finances? We're talking about his cap hit.  That's what's important here lmfao.

So fans can't criticize poor play? This is a hopeless conversation.

Tough to lose with less than 4 mins left in the game and then cant convert in OT.  Throw this one away, they got a point and sit first overall. We continue to score on third line.

I can understand the disappointment but really 6/8 points on a tough road trip with two Matinee games is really good. If you had told me that at the Christmas break we would be tied for first overall in the league i would have taken it.  

We started out hoping to make the playoffs. Now the expectations have been raised. Im going to watch the game Saturday night and hopefully with a win enjoy the holiday break. Raise a glass and toast this team they are playing entertaining hockey, winning more than they lose, and giving fans a reason to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It was new and nobody know how to play 3 on 3 and after years and years of playing 3 on 3, they get the advanced tactics and it became boring after a while.  Maybe scrap the 3 on 3 and go with ties at end of regulation or go back to 5 on 5 OT for 5 minutes and call it a tie at end of the game.

Or have an owl hooting sound to go back and forth between 5v5 and 3v3 OT,lol.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He's not even slumping to a PPG level.  He's slumping down to 0.85 PPG.  A 68 point pace over the last 20 games.  That's not a small sample size anymore.  That's 1/4 of a season.

and 1.1 ppg over the last 10. 90 point pace. guess he's on the upswing?

cherry pick whatever timeframes you want, you're still out to lunch. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

or maybe we should go back to a time when a private citizen's personal finances were none of our goddamn business. 

A private citizen's personal finances...?  Wtf are you talking about man

Why don't you go over to that massive Pettersson contract thread and tell all of them to zip it too

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Read the post again...i was stressing the difference between reg saeson and the playoffs...and aren't we first?? lol. Leading with 4 minutes to go, a 2 on 0 with your superstar player. Yes the points great but it won't help in the playoffs. That was my only point.

I understood your point. my point was that more often than any other team in the league, this team closes it out. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

He does, but his pace has dropped off dramatically.  People can't even say he's on a 100 point pace anymore because he's technically not anymore.

He has 13 points in his last 15 games. He's playing with god damn Suter & Lafferty as his RWs... what more do you want lol

4 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Read the post again...i was stressing the difference between reg saeson and the playoffs...and aren't we first?? lol. Leading with 4 minutes to go, a 2 on 0 with your superstar player. Yes the points great but it won't help in the playoffs. That was my only point.

you fail to realize, that the entire 3 on 3 and shootout is a entire waste of time... whining about how bad we are or being proud of how many shootout goals we score means less than nothing towards the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

A private citizen's personal finances...?  Wtf are you talking about man

Why don't you go over to that massive Pettersson contract thread and tell all of them to zip it too

Right??? Lmao! I'm all for arguing about Petey, but personal finances??  Talk about "out to lunch" 🤣

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wtf? Personal finances? We're talking about his cap hit.  That's what's important here lmfao.

So fans can't criticize poor play? This is a hopeless conversation.

correct. is your salary your personal finances? or should it just be public domain?

and correct. a fan is a fanatical supporter of a team. a critic needs to be be objective and impartial. mutually exclusive. 

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

He has 13 points in his last 15 games. He's playing with god damn Suter & Lafferty as his RWs... what more do you want lol

He hasn't looked good man.  I haven't looked yet, but I'm willing to bet majority of those points are piggy backed off powerplays.

1 minute ago, tas said:

correct. is your salary your personal finances? or should it just be public domain?

and correct. a fan is a fanatical supporter of a team. a critic needs to be be objective and impartial. mutually exclusive. 

This is some next level gatekeeping right here.  In your world fans can never talk money, and they can never talk bad about their team.  What the fuck

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

nothing wrong with the effort, ran out of room before shooting..

Watching that play again, and yes, I think Joshua got set way too early.  Should have continued to drive to the net to the hash marks to give more time for petey to draw the goalie over before making the pass.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

to be fair, I would take a tenth of his salary to a tenth of what he has done. I think even Kuz would do that deal

5 minutes ago, tas said:

and 1.1 ppg over the last 10. 90 point pace. guess he's on the upswing?

cherry pick whatever timeframes you want, you're still out to lunch. 

Let's hope I'm wrong and he comes out swinging after Christmas, because if he doesn't, it'll get even more nasty here lol

what i have learned from chess... you cannot take random sample sizes and analyze them as individual trends, the more you do that the more likely you will be wrong... this is why teams base the contracts on a much larger scale like 3 years when making bids... taking petes first 14 games and saying they dont count is silly and more importantly fundamentally wrong when analyzing a players value.