[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

I'm derailing this on purpose at this point and I'm going to stop because I'm sleepy. the point we're at is dumb.

but the point stands: referring to petey's play as "shit" and suggesting he isn't "pulling his weight" isn't honest criticism or discourse, it's just shrill whining nonsense. and the greater point that canucks fans need to learn when they have a good thing and stop trying to make it bad. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

I'm derailing this on purpose at this point and I'm going to stop because I'm sleepy. the point we're at is dumb.

but the point stands: referring to petey's play as "shit" and suggesting he isn't "pulling his weight" isn't honest criticism or discourse, it's just shrill whining nonsense. and the greater point that canucks fans need to learn when they have a good thing and stop trying to make it bad. 

That's your opinion, which is fine.  Mine is that Petey hasn't been playing well and he should be doing more for nearly $8m AAV.  That's my point and I'm sticking with it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

This is some next level gatekeeping right here.  In your world fans can never talk money, and they can never talk bad about their team.  What the fuck

sports fandom was far more pure before we had to know the contract details.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes because anytime they could be first in the league they blow it. You have to get the puck out if you win the draw. How do you even lose the puck when you win the draw? Outworked is the answer. It’s just fact. You want to be considered elite you have to close it out. That’s what frustrates people. It was JT Miller out there and his line. He loves to talk but man nail it down when it counts. I love his heart and emotion but you have to lead by example there.

Lol that's awesome. Nice take. 

Cole needed to either play it quickly and go high glass and out (without icing it) or hold it just slightly longer to give Joshua time to get to the boards. The more advanced but skilled play would have been a soft pass into the empty spot in the middle of the ice with JT picking it up in full speed but that'd be risky and would need skilled execution. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's your opinion, which is fine.  Mine is that Petey hasn't been playing well and he should be doing more for nearly $8m AAV.  That's my point and I'm sticking with it.

you keep rounding 7.35 up to 8 ...

Just now, Dom said:

Idk look it up yourself lol. You clearly have a hate on for the player. 

I honestly don't hate Petey.  I'm just frustrated with his performance given his cap hit.  We'd all be on his case if the Garland/Joshua/Blueger line wasn't playing like a legit 2nd scoring line.