[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I honestly don't hate Petey.  I'm just frustrated with his performance given his cap hit.  We'd all be on his case if the Garland/Joshua/Blueger line wasn't playing like a legit 2nd scoring line.

you realize this is the entire reason you have secondary scoring right? not so you can try to score 9 a game. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I honestly don't hate Petey.  I'm just frustrated with his performance given his cap hit.  We'd all be on his case if the Garland/Joshua/Blueger line wasn't playing like a legit 2nd scoring line.

and why didnt petey give that puck to Joshua? Geeezz. Petey  needs some Kuzy time out

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's your opinion, which is fine.  Mine is that Petey hasn't been playing well and he should be doing more for nearly $8m AAV.  That's my point and I'm sticking with it.

booo.... at 8 million he is one of the best deals in the league.

45 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought Myers was one of the few guys struggling. If he's making 1M your fine but turning his $$$ into an effective Top 4D is going to be massive.

I really like Zadorov, thought he was stronger than Cole tonight. If Cole won't take a cheap deal maybe you just let Cole go & use the savings on Zadorov+Joshua's raises.

I actually thought he had a pretty good game.  He was skating confidently with the puck all night.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

you realize this is the entire reason you have secondary scoring right? not so you can try to score 9 a game. 

Your top 6 are paid to be your top offensive threats.  The 3rd and 4th lines are support.  Not your primary or secondary offensive threats.  Maybe that's the thing, Petey is our 3rd line centre now lmao

• Haha 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Your top 6 are paid to be your top offensive threats.  The 3rd and 4th lines are support.  Not your primary or secondary offensive threats.  Maybe that's the thing, Petey is our 3rd line centre now lmao

teams want 4 lines that can score because they know they need it, because precisely 0 players in NHL history have their "a" game 100% of the time. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

well lets at least be more honest and round it to 7 then shall we? what kind of production do you get from the average $7 mil forward?

That's fine, let's hope he re-signs at the price he's worth then.  He sure as hell isn't worth $10m+ if we're happy with his performance as a $7m player.

45 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought Myers was one of the few guys struggling. If he's making 1M your fine but turning his $$$ into an effective Top 4D is going to be massive.

I really like Zadorov, thought he was stronger than Cole tonight. If Cole won't take a cheap deal maybe you just let Cole go & use the savings on Zadorov+Joshua's raises.

I agree. 

When Z was in the box, Myers seems lost. 

I thought he had a better 3rd period but I don't know what the hell he was doing for the first 2 periods. 

Cole also struggled a bit today. Not a lot but he did look like a bottom pairing d man. I didn't like that he was out on that faceoff but what can you do..  there's 3 minutes left and you're gonna have to play him. I just wished he would have come on during a line change during the flow of the game and not a defensive zone faceoff. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

teams want 4 lines that can score because they know they need it, because precisely 0 players in NHL history have their "a" game 100% of the time. 

Omg, I never said 100% of the time.  But to be slumping for a 1/4 of the season?  He's sure not the elite star we thought he was then.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

That's fine, let's hope he re-signs at the price he's worth then.  He sure as hell isn't worth $10m+ if we're happy with his performance as a $7m player.

so if being a top 10 player who is also defensively solid, plays in all situations, isn't worth $10 mil, go ahead and convince me that anybody is. 

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

41 POINTS. I REPEAT 41 POINTS. He's tied for 6th in the league. My god LMAO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1