[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cole is the #6 damn right now and the most likely one to come out when Soucy is back.

I notice that Juulson is getting more offensive looks. He is one of my most interesting Canuck players to see develop. If he can stick into spring I think the reps yield more upside. 

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I notice that Juulson is getting more offensive looks. He is one of my most interesting Canuck players to see develop. If he can stick into spring I think the reps yield more upside. 

For all the accolades that Wolanin got last year, Juuls was Abby's best dman.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly a good and fun game overall. 1st in the league, 3rd line is boiling hot. I do want to take a second and just reiterate that I'm worried about Petey. He looks injured. Constantly falling down, cant accept passes like usual, and fumbling the puck often. He looks bad. 17 points in his last 20 is relatively not the worst.... especially considering the linemates he's had over that span, but he needs to fix whatever lingering issue is there for us to truly get back to where we were in October. 

Team is still playing very solid, sound hockey and I love it. I especially love that that is my only concern this season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

You missed the snipe in Nashville? And the goal in Chicago? But not tonight. Man, you're a tough critic.

Not to mention the snipe on the PP that went off the post. This is a game of chance, despite the talent. Talent only increases the odds but the best don't always score, that's why you shooting stats exist... Some people can't handle losing, despite the bigger picture.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Not to mention the snipe on the PP that went off the post. This is a game of chance, despite the talent. Talent only increases the odds but the best don't always score, that's why you shooting stats exist... Some people can't handle losing, despite the bigger picture.

And an O/T loss where we still get a point to boot.

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it has to do with his camp wanting the rumoured 11-12m..

He's now obviously under a lot of scrutiny as to whether he deserves that kind of cash.

If he signs a bridge 9m x3, there'd be less expectations. 

Basically, what Petey wants is 3-4m more than Miller. At 12m, we can afford Miller, Joshua, Hoglander, Bleuger but the rumor is that Petey wants to make that much on his own and now, his game is being scrutinized more because us fans care more about the team as a whole than 1 player. 

No player will be a whipping boy if they play up to their contract values. 

If Myers was making 2-3m no one would rag on him. 

At 12m, Petey needs to have his fingerprints all over the game on a nightly basis. He's not there yet and that's what people are pointing out. 

Perfectly put. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

4D31A02F-A294-409F-BE37-B150D2A01073.gif.a4f0463b1e46add278070203a6e0ef56.gif

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Management is in no rush to extend Petey. Petey is under contract through next season and then is an RFA. 
And JR is on record as saying Petey is a top five player in the league. 
Accept the fact we are a really good club and Petey is a great player. 
Bow to the empties. 

I wonder sometimes if Petey stuck to being only a perimeter player with a few more points, if some fans would be happier.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

8 hours ago, Santas Salty Jugs said:

Canucks are first place in the NHL and there’s more bickering here than there was when we were near last place last year. 

This is truly one of the most passionate fan bases out there. I love it.

Be happy Canucks fans, after 10+ long years, we are at the top of the league.

I love this team!!

Thanks Santa.

btw, love the handle.

• Thanks 1

god point at the end of a good but tiring road trip

Quinn looked tired 

3rd ine, best 3rd line in league right now

Petey getting points and at times playing great but something is wrong and he looked all world Mcdavid point pace through first 13 games, and he is that good but something is slowing him down, maybe some rest will help.

What to do with Kuzy?

amazing job on first 34 games, no one saw this coming

Happy holidays get some rest 

51 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it has to do with his camp wanting the rumoured 11-12m..

He's now obviously under a lot of scrutiny as to whether he deserves that kind of cash.

If he signs a bridge 9m x3, there'd be less expectations. 

Basically, what Petey wants is 3-4m more than Miller. At 12m, we can afford Miller, Joshua, Hoglander, Bleuger but the rumor is that Petey wants to make that much on his own and now, his game is being scrutinized more because us fans care more about the team as a whole than 1 player. 

No player will be a whipping boy if they play up to their contract values. 

If Myers was making 2-3m no one would rag on him. 

At 12m, Petey needs to have his fingerprints all over the game on a nightly basis. He's not there yet and that's what people are pointing out. 

Petey is not worth 12 mil in my opinion.  

54 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Honestly a good and fun game overall. 1st in the league, 3rd line is boiling hot. I do want to take a second and just reiterate that I'm worried about Petey. He looks injured. Constantly falling down, cant accept passes like usual, and fumbling the puck often. He looks bad. 17 points in his last 20 is relatively not the worst.... especially considering the linemates he's had over that span, but he needs to fix whatever lingering issue is there for us to truly get back to where we were in October. 

Team is still playing very solid, sound hockey and I love it. I especially love that that is my only concern this season.

I'm hopeful that the upcoming Christmas pause gives him time to rest whatever is ailing him. Heck, if I was Toc, I'd even consider giving him the Sharks game off for a couple extra days of rest/healing if medical staff thought it would help.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Petey would smash dudes if he beefed up - he loves to hit…

I actually think he shouldn't be looking for hits. I think he's changed his game a bit too much trying to help with the body checking. Reverse hits in traffic are fine. But we've added help for our hitting and i think Petie should focus on takeaways and passing. And also focus on his sedinery.  Ride that uni

34 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Right now, or even lately

Joshua > Pettersson

I know, right?

Maybe Tocchet should put Joshua and Garland on Petey's line to get him going.

I think you just pointed out that Petterson is playing like a 3rd line. Maybe second line is Suter Mik and Kuz.