[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

43 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Tas, I like your persona and I agree with some of your posts. But this ^^^ is hilarious.  You do realize you are speaking to a potential audience of approx 1400 on this forum (which has had a record of 830 viewers max at the same time). We are the outliers, the approx 1-2% of the fan base that are die hard, that spend our time debating and analyzing here (when perhaps we could be doing more useful things?). 
I enjoy and respect your passion (and everyone else’s on this forum, perceived troll or homeboy or neither).

But let’s be real here, your influence here (or any posters perhaps) will likely have no impact beyond here.

This is entertainment, the games, our debates, our quips and jibes towards each other, let’s enjoy it as such.

Cheers.

the prevailing feeling here and elsewhere in the canucks-verse is what the local media harvests to write their drivel that then proliferates to the greater masses. 

I'll be doing my best to squash it at the source all year long. sorry not sorry. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If you have to be on a warpath then you do you. I dont know why you would frequent these parts if it brings you so much frustration.

as a fan, there's only so much I can do to help the team. scratching and clawing to do my best to keep the feeling around them positive, no matter whether it's a losing battle or not, is among those things. 

I'll be here condescending to and calling out the naysayers all year long. you whine about the team, you'll be up on the board. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Unhappy with himself or unhappy with the team? 

Petey is a super self-aware guy. Most often he is his own toughest critic. I am sure that this recent spell of games doesn't go unnoticed to him either. He is probably frustrated because he wanted to prove that he was worth top dollars and finding out that he's falling short currently.

The Miller line with hoglander and Boeser is currently making 15.7 million as a line. Petey's line on the other hand if you count Kuz and Mik is almost making 18m and if Petey gets a 4m bump to 11.3m, that's a 22m line. 

Our 3rd line which is currently outperforming Petey's line makes 8m as a line. 

It really doesn't make sense to give Petey anything more than 9m. Until he can drive a line, 9 is fair. 

Good points.

I dont think he stay for $9 but i have never been a good money guy/contract guy

47 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What gave you that idea?

All of the sudden, the fan base are experts at telepathy and knowing how a person feels.  I saw JT smash his stick in half yesterday.  You think he wants to leave the team?  These are competitive pros who expects high performance of themselves.  What they show to the public means very little.

If he wants out, he will leave.  If winning is what he wants, he'll see what the team is.  A playoff run will be important.  He's not going anywhere yet and team doesn't need to sign him right away.  

I am not telepathic, that is why i used the word 'seems'.

Thanks for that,

27 minutes ago, tas said:

as a fan, there's only so much I can do to help the team. scratching and clawing to do my best to keep the feeling around them positive, no matter whether it's a losing battle or not, is among those things. 

I'll be here condescending to and calling out the naysayers all year long. you whine about the team, you'll be up on the board. 

i would say you do more good for the team to not attack those that have simple opinions. Such as wanting Kuz, a great guy and great player to get back in the line up. It's getting a bit of emperor's new clothes around here. You say anything, even if its constructive criticisms, about the coach and folks like you come out swinging. Well, not you swinging because I know you think all punchers are meat heads but you get my drift. 

Edited by bishopshodan

9 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. It's the way we lost which is maddening. 

When it was 2-2, I would have been ok with an OTL. that changed though when Garland scored with less than 5 min left. 

We had to lock it down for 5 min and to our credit, we've been great at locking games down but today, there were too many errors. 

Error 1- RT for putting Myers and Cole out together on a defensive zone draw. 

Error 2- Cole panicking with the puck and ringing it around the boards when Joshua didn't have time to get there

Error 3- Miller also blowing the zone as the puck is getting rung around

Error 4- Petey losing possession in OT deciding to go 1 v 2 behind their net

Error 5- Petey making a bad decision to force a turnover and getting caught on a 3v2

Error 6- missing a 2on 0

Error 7- long shift followed by a bad change giving stars a partial breakaway to end it in OT with 15 seconds left. 

All of that happened in a short period of time and we lost the game as a result. 

It feels crappy because we competed hard all game

If it was a game last year, it would have been over in the 2nd.

It's only halfway through the season and our team is still developing their game.  I'd rather they

get lots of experience from the regular season games and gradually get more confident and

stronger when a game suddenly turns on them.

Playing a solid team like Dallas on the back of a road trip is no easy feat, but they managed

to grab a point. You know, the point that pushed the team past Vegas for #1 overall in the NHL.

When this season started, I was hopeful that they would make the playoffs.  What they're

doing now is beyond everyone's imagination; suddenly, it is fun to be a Canuck fan

again.  The way they have improved their team/individual game is validating their hard

work during in the offseason and up until now.  I'm proud of our boys.

It's been a long stretch of hockey so far and soon the boys will be home enjoying a 4 day

break. Resting up, spending time with loved ones and getting some practice in.  A home game

on the 28th and then another 4 day break.  This break is perfect for them right now.

A win on Saturday and we get to start the holidays with the Canucks 1st overall in the NHL!

Woohoo!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder sometimes if Petey stuck to being only a perimeter player with a few more points, if some fans would be happier.

You may be onto something.  Maybe Petey might be better suited on the wing like Mark Stone or Mitch Marner.  That's where he played most of his career.  The Canucks just forced him into a centre role because we lacked a legit 1C (until Miller became one -- and even he isn't a natural centre throughout his career).

11 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

so what is this the thomas drance gang? coming to ease in some petey heat to shake off the obvious hate on himself? fully expecting a terrible analysis from thomas drance on how Tocchet Kuzmenko and petterson all need to go... what complete total hogwash for the people that are attacking petterson... really? petterson has always been a streaky player, accept it... learn to roll with the punches, get over it...

what a sad day in the canucksFanForum... where people turn to this crap, especially when we just took the 1st overall spot...

People have different perspectives and opinions about a lot of things.  Shouting them down is the issue, not the different opinions themselves.  If you don't like someone's opinions, use the ignore function.

• ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, DelPiLeo said:

If Joshua made a better play on that 2 on none in OT,

2 points were already in our pocket.

It's OK, the 3rd line almost wins the game for us again.

I think that was more Coles fault. Soft shot around the boards when he had all the time in the world.

He should have shot it hard up the boards to Miler who was breaking out for a quick up.. 

Or he could have held on to puck and not put it softly up the boards at all.. he mis judges and made a turn over.. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You may be onto something.  Maybe Petey might be better suited on the wing like Mark Stone or Mitch Marner.  That's where he played most of his career.  The Canucks just forced him into a centre role because we lacked a legit 1C (until Miller became one -- and even he isn't a natural centre throughout his career).

I think it's more that Petey is willing to push the boundaries of his size and sometimes it doesn't look good. If he was a Marner and rarely engaged physically he'd score more and look better doing it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it's more that Petey is willing to push the boundaries of his size and sometimes it doesn't look good. If he was a Marner and rarely engaged physically he'd score more and look better doing it.

He's grumpy.

Sorry, he seems grumpy.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He's grumpy.

Sorry, he seems grumpy.

I like grumpy Petey. Just like I love grumpy Miller. I want these guys unsatisfied until they win it all.

Serious about Petey tho, he's trying to not hide behind his lack of weight and he's throwing reverse hits 😅

• Cheers 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

I like grumpy Petey. Just like I love grumpy Miller. I want these guys unsatisfied until they win it all.

Serious about Petey tho, he's trying to not hide behind his lack of weight and he's throwing reverse hits 😅

I thought that when reading your last post. He loves that pre-hit pop-back.

He's got a chip on his shoulder and I dont mind.

Just really hope we find a way to make him happy and keep him. 

Winning lots should do that, big props to Tocc and Alvin for getting the group stronger.

Now, lets get Kuz on Petey's wing, chug some pepsi and get to the next level.

• Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Winning lots should do that, big props to Tocc and Alvin for getting the group stronger.

My feeling is it's just a decision on term. Does he want to be here once Hughes is ufa? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm a bit surprised Kuzy wasn't back in last night. No excuse to not put him back against the sharts. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I built a proposal around your vision:

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm a bit surprised Kuzy wasn't back in last night. No excuse to not put him back against the sharts. 

At some point PA and RT are going to have sit down and chart a course through this Kuz situation.  RT isn't giving him a chance to work through it and, in the meantime, his value as an asset is plummeting.

I get it's up to Kuz, but if he's not in RT's plans, then they have to at least try to increase his value leading up to the tdl.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

At some point PA and RT are going to have sit down and chart a course through this Kuz situation.  RT isn't giving him a chance to work through it and, in the meantime, his value as an asset is plummeting.

I get it's up to Kuz, but if he's not in RT's plans, then they have to at least try to increase his value leading up to the tdl.

I'm fine with him working his way back up the lines, but healthy scratch is too far.