[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tied for 1st in the league and folks are still upset.

Yes because anytime they could be first in the league they blow it. You have to get the puck out if you win the draw. How do you even lose the puck when you win the draw? Outworked is the answer. It’s just fact. You want to be considered elite you have to close it out. That’s what frustrates people. It was JT Miller out there and his line. He loves to talk but man nail it down when it counts. I love his heart and emotion but you have to lead by example there.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 2

Anti climactic finish but how can you be upset big picture. 6/8 points on a 4 game road trip starting with back to back afternoon games. 

one more home game hopefully steal

two more points from the sharts then a good break before a busy January. 

Edited by BlueJays
Spelling

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

So 17 points in the last 20 games is a good thing???  Whew, sure glad he's playing at a 68 point pace for a 1/4 of the season.

11 points in 10 games in December. 14 points in 15 games in November. 

maybe get your expectations in check. 

"50 point pace for over a month"

delusional. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Dakota been hot, should have shot it.  

It's ok.  Move on.  Long road trip, got results in every game 

Yeah I'm not too upset. We played a pretty good road game and got a point. 

Tied for 1st now! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes because anytime they could be first in the league they blow it. You have to get the puck out if you win the draw. How do you even lose the puck when you win the draw? Outworked is the answer. It’s just fact. You want to be considered elite you have to close it out. That’s what frustrates people. It was JT Miller out there and his line. He loves to talk but man nail it down when it counts. I love his heart and emotion but you have to lead by example there.

Nothing should frustrate this fan base right now

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I think Demkos gunna want that tying goal back tbh. He was brilliant tonight but that was one he won't be happy about.

It's a tough way to lose, having the lead late & not closing it out. But it was a heavyweight tilt between 2 great teams, ends on a missed 2 on 0 going back the other way. 

The one thing I would say is we don't put enough pucks on net, in these playoffs type games it's not always a picasso & we gotta learn that.

Really liked Hughes, Demko was great, third line keeps rolling, Zadorov was good (so much better than Myers) lots of positives imo. And a very entertaining game. 

• Cheers 2