[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

Demko was far from great and petey needs to learn how to skate, probably fell down a dozen times tonight.

Myers was lost from the shift and coaches should have realized it and adjusted the pairs and ice time. 

get kuz back in, 4th line aint excatly world beaters are they 

• Upvote 1

Ugly game with a pretty 3rd line.

Our PP looks asleep out there. They need KUZY!! FREE KUZY!!

It's not like anyone on the 4th line tonight looked better than Kuz. Get him back in there coach.

On to the next...

What's this draft I feel between my legs...!?...oh... we're on the top of a mountain, first in the league everyone! Lots to be happy about this season.

• Like 1

I wish we got more shots on this game, but I thought we came alive in the third and pressured the stars in their own zone so they don't keep running around with the puck like they did in the first two periods. It's unfortunate with the one bad play that resulted in the 3-3 goal.

As for OT...we barely got any possession because we couldn't win a faceoff. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What kind of a season are the Canucks having? Well, they just lost in overtime and have taken over first overall in the standings. 

Boeser getting closer to 30 goals, 3rd line continues to deliver, peeps concerned about Petey is the story so far

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Here's what Canuck fans should REALLY take out of this game:

Most Contending teams have two great top lines who can control the play in the offensive zone and score.

The Canucks actually have three lines who can dominate in the offensive zone.

Garland/Blueger/Joshua are threats nearly every shift.

No, they don't put the puck in the net as often as the top two... but they are there in the O-Zone nearly every shift... giving defenses fits.

Plus they are very good defensively.

Canucks have a TRIPLE threat offensively.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Team has points in 9 of their last 10 games. This has been a very good month. I get we lost and whatever. But damn. There are a lot more positives than negatives to take away from this. Tough way to lose, but like I said. Team is rolling. Even as a staunch Petey critic I'd rather just enjoy the team's success right now.

For sure. Great road trip. This one just stung because the canucks didn't get beat, they lost it themselves. 0-3 on the PP. Giving up the lead with 3min left. Not scoring on the 2 on 0 in OT. That's frustrating and it's OK to be frustrated

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Why the fancy passes in OT? Bad ice and tired. Joshua is cooking but Elias has to just take it to the net and use his best weapon. 

Joshua naturally defers to the better player but Petey was in too close.  In hindsight, he should have shot right away and if there was a rebound, Petey would have been there

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Why the fancy passes in OT? Bad ice and tired. Joshua is cooking but Elias has to just take it to the net and use his best weapon. 

Y. Joshua should have shot it.

Goalie barely moved and expected EP to shoot.

By the time it got back to EP, he was too close to the goalie.  

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Leave it alone man. People are upset about the OT loss. You can be upset about that and still be happy with where the team is in the standings. 

Change the record already 

Exactly! I love where they are at but you had a chance to win if you clear that puck on the 3-3 goal. It was our top players out there. That’s what frustrates me and Petey just doesn’t dominate like he has in the past. He gets points but it’s been a while since he dominated a game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1