[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly! I love where they are at but you had a chance to win if you clear that puck on the 3-3 goal. It was our top players out there. That’s what frustrates me and Petey just doesn’t dominate like he has in the past. He gets points but it’s been a while since he dominated a game.

It's much easier when you watch from home.

You can isolate plays to pick themapart but in real time (which is fast in NHL action) you don't always get perfection. Just how it is.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

We’re #1 in the NHL

#1 in Canada

We have the best 3rd line in the league

We just grabbed 6 of 8 points on the road

Soak it in Canuck Fans. 

win the next 2 and we have 51 points before 2024. 

Who predicted this in the preseason?

Soucy will return in a few weeks.  

Team is going to be even better.  

Thought JT and EP looked bit tired today.  They get the hardest matchups on the road without last change.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

2 games I’ve been actually pissed about this year. New Jersey and the San Jose loss.

Been a fantastic season so far. It’s been great. Like to see Kuzy back with Petey. Tough having him play with 3rd liners for most of the season. 

Our third line is the best in hockey too. Didn’t see that coming 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tas said:

11 points in 10 games in December. 14 points in 15 games in November. 

maybe get your expectations in check. 

"50 point pace for over a month"

delusional. 

Lmao, OK, you can be happy with how he has been on a 68 point pace for 1/4 of the season with no end in sight for his shit play.  

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

7/8 would be great, 8/8 Great.  

Very good, how about that? 

No need to split hairs over nomenclature.

Points in every game is great.

Hell, compared to last year, we could call points in every game on the road absolutely AMAZING. And to think only a few months ago people we're arguing whether they'd even make the damn playoffs this year.

Like talk about setting high expectation with the flick of a switch. So much so that now even points in every game on a road trip isn't "great." It's just "good."

Funny how that works.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

It's much easier when you watch from home.

You can isolate plays to pick themapart but in real time (which is fast in NHL action) you don't always get perfection. Just how it is.

I have been to games. It’s insulting that you think you are the only one who has attended games. I understand the speed. Miller was floating on that goal after he WON the draw. That has nothing to do with speed. It has a lot to do with try though. 

9 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Team has points in 9 of their last 10 games. This has been a very good month. I get we lost and whatever. But damn. There are a lot more positives than negatives to take away from this. Tough way to lose, but like I said. Team is rolling. Even as a staunch Petey critic I'd rather just enjoy the team's success right now.

Yeah I'm extremely frustrated with Petey, but honestly we have 2 strong offensive lines right now in the Miller and Garland lines.  That's a big reason why we're doing OK with Petey's slump.  If Garland's line wasn't on fire, we'd be in a lot of trouble.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Petey has been frustrating for over a month now.  If he's injured, sit him out.  If he's not injured, then there's even more concern.

To me it seems more mental. I don't think EP40 is nursing any injury atm.

Rather, he looks like having slight alignment issues between his hockey brain and his body. If that's the case we can only hope he'll eventually get things back in sync while keep playing through it.

Sitting out games won't help. The team is racking up points and Petey is still contributing. Let him find his way out as he'd done it before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Can we bring back the Loui Eriksson wut button ? 

Definitely need that one. I want to go back in time and tell people that the Canucks will be in first place by Christmas but they’ll still be complaining. No one would believe me though 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Petey ain't the Petey of last year...you have to be able to win a face off to have any chance in OT, did we win even one. Don't think so...... QH can't let someone get behind him like that when he's last man back..... Why is Kuzy still in the press box, 1 game I get, two I don't. Yes I'm being negative but just about this game, love the team, love the season so far.

Just now, 1-d said:

To me it seems more mental. I don't think EP40 is nursing any injury atm.

Rather, he looks like having slight alignment issues between his hockey brain and his body. If that's the case we can only hope he'll eventually get things back in sync while keep playing through it.

Sitting out games won't help. The team is racking up points and Petey is still contributing. Let him find his way out as he'd done it before.

Yeah I could see that.  He's second guessing himself a lot.  Confidence issue similar to Kuzmenko.  I'm fine with it as long as we keep winning.  It'd be nice if those 2 woke up for the playoffs though.  No way we will get anywhere if they're not firing on all cylinders.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

No need to split hairs over nomenclature.

Points in every game is great.

Hell, compared to last year, we could call points in every game on the road absolutely AMAZING. And to think only a few months ago people we're arguing whether they'd even make the damn playoffs this year.

Like talk about setting high expectation with the flick of a switch. So much so that now even points in every game on a road trip isn't "great." It's just "good."

Funny how that works.

Expectations are higher this yr.  They are a better team and the opponents were wild, hawks, preds and stars.  Probably only one is a playoff team. 

Good road trip it is.