[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

A good road trip, losses always bite but ok, racking up points.

I just get miffed when the loss includes my two least fav things:

elias 'hesitates before shooting' petterson, and

pylon 'spins around uselessly and out of position' myers

But, a team game it be.

go nucks go!  It's awesome to be at the pointy end of the ladder!!!

Edited by Canadian_Kanga

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

For sure. Great road trip. This one just stung because the canucks didn't get beat, they lost it themselves. 0-3 on the PP. Giving up the lead with 3min left. Not scoring on the 2 on 0 in OT. That's frustrating and it's OK to be frustrated

For sure, it sucks. But it feels like we are a bit too angry. 82 game season, you're gonna let a few get away from you. We also stole some points and wins where we were outplayed. Everything evens out in the end. Petey is Petey, I am as frustrated as anyone. But at some point we're just beating a dead horse.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Definitely need that one. I want to go back in time and tell people that the Canucks will be in first place by Christmas but they’ll still be complaining. No one would believe me though 

That was the beauty of it all. Even through the cup run people were still complaining. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

According to JFresh we have restored our status as one of the more annoying fanbases in the league.  Obviously Toronto is a distant first but we are back baby

Yeah I always remember who they are. It will be fun when Petey wins a playoff series for us. Every player goes through ups and downs but people in general are short sighted and have short memory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I have been to games. It’s insulting that you think you are the only one who has attended games. I understand the speed. Miller was floating on that goal after he WON the draw. That has nothing to do with speed. It has a lot to do with try though. 

Craperolla. Miller is one of the best players in the league. He is part of the best core in the league. Our team is really good and he’s a big reason why. 
Accept he’s great and we are really good

Now bow to the empties. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Has anyone else noticed how often Petey falls over or ends up on his knees?  It's like his balance is off or something. 

I've started counting how many times he's on the ice throughout a game, at first it was kinda funny but then I saw how often

it was and wonder if something is ailing him...back maybe?     

He's taken a few rest days recently perhaps he's just trying to get through to the Christmas break.

Hard loss tonight, being up 3-2 with under 4 mins to play but we got a point and finished off a successful road trip.

At the start of the year, who woulda thought we'd be 1st in the league come Christmas...and still complaining. Haha 

I'm going to the Sharks game on Saturday, looking for the Canucks to finish strong before Christmas. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Craperolla. Miller is one of the best players in the league. He is part of the best core in the league. Our team is really good and he’s a big reason why. 
Accept he’s great and we are really good

Now bow to the empties. 

I never argued he wasn’t. It would have been nice if that line had buckled down and got the puck out. We are first and I know they’ve are still building the team they want. I just hope they get another scoring winger for Petey.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

For sure, it sucks. But it feels like we are a bit too angry. 82 game season, you're gonna let a few get away from you. We also stole some points and wins where we were outplayed. Everything evens out in the end. Petey is Petey, I am as frustrated as anyone. But at some point we're just beating a dead horse.

IF I was to say anything though, we have definitely stole a lot more points being outplayed than we have earned by dominating teams. 

I'm absolutely shocked and thrilled with where we are in the standings... but the team itself seems to mirror exactly how petey is playing..

We're not playing lights out hockey but we're still putting up points.

The risk there is it may give folks a false sense of security. 

However I will work on being more positive, and let the Brass be the ones to worry aboit the team itself

Just now, JayDangles said:

IF I was to say anything though, we have definitely stole a lot more points being outplayed than we have earned by dominating teams. 

I'm absolutely shocked and thrilled with where we are in the standings... but the team itself seems to mirror exactly how petey is playing..

We're not playing lights out hockey but we're still putting up points.

The risk there is it may give folks a false sense of security. 

However I will work on being more positive, and let the Brass be the ones to worry aboit the team itself

Well they always say, good teams find ways to win… 

12 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

What is your problem>>>????

Pettersson is top 10 in scoring in the league and you are whining about him offensively>>>???

He could easily have had a couple goals tonight and a couple assists...1)  he hit the post and 2) wasn't able to convert bad return pass from Joshua.

Plus he put the puck into places where his linemates could have scored a couple times.

He is doing nothing wrong.

Just f*ckin' relax.

The people who are complaining are the same ones who never stopped complaining the Sedins were 'Soft Swedes'... now they are complaining about Pettersson falling down.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Has anyone else noticed how often Petey falls over or ends up on his knees?  It's like his balance is off or something. 

I've started counting how many times he's on the ice throughout a game, at first it was kinda funny but then I saw how often

it was and wonder if something is ailing him...back maybe? 

He’s not injured imo. It’s how he’s always been. Did you see the reverse hit he did tonight. He’s fine and will get better too. People want him to be super man. He’ll get there again, In the meantime he’s still putting up points and playing pretty well considering his line mates he’s had this year 

• Like 3