[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars // December 21, 2023

Rubik

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

Well let's have a little breakdown:

We didn't play well at all, and the Stars played great. 

Demko kept us in it and got us to overtime. 

3rd line was absolutely amazing, but I don't recall seeing any of them out there for OT? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Petey clearly needs help on his line. If we see it, so does Allvin & he will get us that help. 

Suter was out there. 

Joshua, who should've shot it instead of passing. 

• Cheers 1

I’m a big Petey supporter… if anyone sees my predict the score no matter what I always predict Petey with the winner in every game. In saying that, Petey is the most awkward superstar to ever play the game lol his skating, the way he sweeps at pucks, it’s funny but amazing at the same time. All I wish he would have done in OT was put his head down and went in alone on the breakaway instead of slowing up for the 2 on 1. 

Anyways for tonight we are the best team in the league and all media(Drance) can go $&@& their PDO stats up there behind a computer screen a$$es.

Go Canucks! 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Stick to slobbering on Petey's knob.

Ahh... now I get it, Petey's a fag 'cause he falls down and you being a big tough he-man can't handle that a guy who sometimes falls down when he is hit can put up more points than anyone on the team every year but one since he's been on the team.  Petey probably gets more poontang in a week than you'll see in a lifetime.

Anyone who brings out the fag insinuations is a prime suspect for being a closet Queen, and you buddy are right up there.

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

Well let's have a little breakdown:

We didn't play well at all, and the Stars played great. 

Demko kept us in it and got us to overtime. 

3rd line was absolutely amazing, but I don't recall seeing any of them out there for OT? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Petey clearly needs help on his line. If we see it, so does Allvin & he will get us that help. 

this post is sus...

37 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I remember when 3 on 3 used to be entertaining

It was new and nobody know how to play 3 on 3 and after years and years of playing 3 on 3, they get the advanced tactics and it became boring after a while.  Maybe scrap the 3 on 3 and go with ties at end of regulation or go back to 5 on 5 OT for 5 minutes and call it a tie at end of the game.

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Expectations are higher this yr.  They are a better team and the opponents were wild, hawks, preds and stars.  Probably only one is a playoff team. 

Good road trip it is.

The Wild were playing well at the time. Preds were the hottest team in the league. Dallas, playoffs yes.  Don't try to downplay the competition to justify moving the goalposts here.

Like I said. People were arguing they weren't even gonna make the playoffs this year. They are playing well above original expectation to get 6/8 on a road trip like this considering. But now that's not good enough to be deemed great either. It's like only 82-0 will ever do. Lol.

A GREAT road trip it was, indeed.

😉

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Ahh... now I get it, Petey's a fag 'cause he falls down and you being a big tough he-man can't handle that a guy who sometimes falls down when he is hit can put up more points than anyone on the team every year but one since he's been on the team.  Petey probably gets more poontang in a week than you'll see in a lifetime.

Anyone who brings out the fag insinuations is a prime suspect for being a closet Queen, and you buddy are right up there.

.. is your blood sugar low or something? I have no skin in this Pettersson argument but damn man you're fired up. Chill before you're put on ice.

3 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

I’m a big Petey supporter… if anyone sees my predict the score no matter what I always predict Petey with the winner in every game. In saying that, Petey is the most awkward superstar to ever play the game lol his skating, the way he sweeps at pucks, it’s funny but amazing at the same time. All I wish he would have done in OT was put his head down and went in alone on the breakaway instead of slowing up for the 2 on 1. 

Anyways for tonight we are the best team in the league and all media(Drance) can go $&@& their PDO stats up there behind a computer screen a$$es.

Go Canucks! 

Pettersson did nothing wrong on the breakaway, he gave Joshua a perfect pass which Joshua should have shot... he had half the net...

If Joshua had returned the pass accurately Petey would have had the room to roof it, but it was late and therefore he had zero room.

Look at the play.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

17 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Anybody who is pissed that we didn't get both points can cheer themselves up by watching the highlights from the TOR/ BUF game

It really is wonderful. A lot of blown coverage. Like this one here:

McMann leaves his check in the middle to make a hit on the puck carrier, who is already covered by Benoit, who steps up anyways with a half assed poke check, which causes a 2-on-1 down low. Timmins, the lone man back, is in fuck city, and ends up spinning into his goalie, while Matthews' controller died and he just glided to the post and stopped moving. Nylander just kinda half backchecks and circles away from any high danger areas, which leaves Power to go in unopposed and score.

Keep on keepin' on TO!:towel:

52 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Can't complain too much the team has had an excellent road trip.

You really cannot complain as there would not be much to say. I cannot believe the level of determination with

this never say quit group. To be able to find extra gears the way they did tonight this late in the road trip is 

nothing short of amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Pettersson did nothing wrong on the breakaway, he gave Joshua a perfect pass which Joshua should have shot... he had half the net...

If Joshua had returned the pass accurately Petey would have had the room to roof it, but it was late and therefore he had zero room.

Look at the play.

Toatally accurate analysis of the play!

29 minutes ago, 1-d said:

To me it seems more mental. I don't think EP40 is nursing any injury atm.

Rather, he looks like having slight alignment issues between his hockey brain and his body. If that's the case we can only hope he'll eventually get things back in sync while keep playing through it.

Sitting out games won't help. The team is racking up points and Petey is still contributing. Let him find his way out as he'd done it before.

Agreed.  I'm glad that break is coming and will have lots of break with 9 out of 10 days off.   Lots of rest, practices and adjustments upcoming.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

If it ain’t Petey.

it would be Boeser or Miller or Hughes 

All of those guys have been on fans shit lists at one point or time. 

All are top players in the league.

Its all gibberish when you think about it 

Some people dont deserve good things

• Vintage 3

7 minutes ago, tas said:

his slack of being a ppg player while taking all the tough matchups on the road while clearly recovering from injury. onna first place team. there's a key word in there. can you guess which?

stop expecting perfection and complaining about a guy who was literally leading the league in scoring a few months ago. give your head a shake. 

do your job and support your team. 

I think there's a ton of in-between room here where we can acknowledge Pettersson's... uneven level of play.  His offensive creativity seems a bit lost on his linemates right now and the chemistry isn't clicking perfectly.  Even when he scores he is not creating the same volume of scoring chances as we've seen him do before, either in the beginning of this season or large spans of last season.

But his o-zone entry is one of the most efficient in the league, as is his defensive ability in our own zone.  Those two things alone account for a big impact, even when he fails to make the scoresheet.

• Upvote 1