Discussion: Kuzmenko Plight; as Jannik sees it........

Sativika

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's played 29 games. It's not like he's been sitting around for weeks on end.

In your analogy maybe he needs to be broken. 😆

Yeah. I could have worded it better but  thats what I meant about it being well into the season and to keep/get him in game shape he could do with playing. I guess I had some of the posters that were mentioning he looked out of shape in my mind.

I get your horse reference but in this human's case, I hope we dont break him.

Edited by bishopshodan

So, I have 2 trains of thought here that conflict with each other in a way.

On one hand, if he's not playing as he's supposed to and doesn't even look like he's going to try to get better, then I can see the need for benching the guy. We're obviously not going to see that part of him as fans since that's likely to be behind closed doors.

On the other hand, not playing also means he doesn't improve as he's literally not on the ice to show he'll improve. Too many times a healthy scratch, you have to wonder if that's not going to solve the problem. What if it makes the problem worse even?

I'm all for sending a message, but that message has to be the right message. Not only that, but every player's going to react differently to different messaging. This isn't some exact science.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

He's still scoring at a 20 goal pace which isn't too shabby, something like a 50pt pace as well. Don't think Mikheyev and Garland have been scoring much more than him, sure they forecheck and defend well and can kill penalties but at 5M per piece, you surely can't give up on Kuzmenko just yet when you see the brilliant offensive plays he can make. Two different goal scorer's goals tonight is something we need in our top-6 or we'll just end up being a one dimensional team of grinders.