[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks | December 23rd, 7:00PM PT | Christmas 2023 Edition

Jim McMahon

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Kuzy is back with EP40 and Slick Mik. 

It's up to him to stay there now, no doubt in my mind he will. 

As I think most people expected, PDG is out and Kuzy is in. And the 4th line is not a good spot for Kuzy (square peg - round hole problem). So he gets another shot with Petey. Hope he can run with it. (Or skate with it.)

Hope he can play Tocchet hockey. That means getting in fast on the forecheck and not just looking for a pass from Petey and it means skating back hard, fast, and straight on the backcheck.

Tocchet also wants him to the take the puck to net and to get to the net even when he does not have possession. And if he is too tired to go at top speed he needs to just get off the ice and wait for his next shift.  (And of course he needs to play "on the right side of the puck" -- no cheating for offence.)

Doing these things all the time is hard and takes concentration if they have not not yet become habits.

For Kuzy, I think tonight is all about "playing the right way" regardless of results.

Hope things work out. If not, the Canucks will be "working the phones" over the Christmas break.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chris12345 said:

Smokey or Fruity.....

Lagavulin 16

Glenfiddich 15 (for some bizarre reason)

Craigellachie 13

Oban 14

You?

I also don't drink pop so at Christmas I love myself a gingerale straight up.

Yes to Lagavulin 16

While watching the game, I’ll change things up and have Rootbeer Schnapps chased by Hoyne’s Dark Matter

IMG_1769.gif.a5f102ac48095bbc62e4d39fa9e8670d.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Yes to Lagavulin 16

While watching the game, I’ll change things up and have Rootbeer Schnapps chased by Hoyne’s Dark Matter

IMG_1769.gif.a5f102ac48095bbc62e4d39fa9e8670d.gif

I LOVE SCOTCH!

SCOTCHY SCOTCH STCOXH 

DOWN INTO MA BELLY, SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING 

Merry Festival! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

If I'm too lazy to scroll through a GDT, what makes you think I have the energy to make one of my own?

Contributing to the community rather being a leech is always welcome. If you came make a comment and can scroll you came make a game day thread. For example, copy and paste the following:

GAME DAY THREAD!

GO CANUCKS GO!

CANUCKS WIN 5-2 over <insert team name> otherwise I will beat my nuts with a ball peen hammer on an anvil.

There, GDT created.

Of course, feel free to modify or spend a bit of time creating something meaningful ... otherwise, a YouTube video link of said ball-peening will suffice.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Thanks 1