[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks // December 23, 2023

Rubik

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I agree, but Petey does look distracted, or heaven forbid, hurt. He's amazing, but he's actually shown stretches where he's arguably the best forward in the game.

I guess it really hard to maintain that level. Petey is going to be paid, regardless. I guess the hope it's a dollar figure that allows Vancouver to be competitive and Petey and his camp will accept. I hope he's not distracted by the contract talks.

He is totally off his ass on the contract. I never seen a guy fall down so much

At the beginning of season he was the guy hitting, "meeting force with force" as tocc preaches.

I think he will get over it

I dont think his agent is helping. Maybe he just needs a new agent

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Petey is beginning to worry me.

Couple years back I was wondering if he was superstar level or 'merely' a star.

He picked up his game, and  I was pretty much convinced he was a superstar player.

Recently, I'm starting to wonder, again.

Without checking his game by game stats, first,- can anyone remember the last time Petey dominated a game?

edit to add- one positive about his lower level of play is it will result in a lower level of contract, making him more affordable, and helping keep the team stronger overall.

I think it’s mostly fatigue. It’s a long season and lots of stars start to dip before Christmas and again before the all-star break. Also, he doesn’t have to be playing at superstar status as the wins are coming and the team is in a great position. If we lost two games in a row, suddenly you’ll see the leaders step their game back up, out of necessity. At the moment it’s not necessary and good to pace for a long season and get ready for (hopefully, don’t want to jinx it) playoff hockey.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We do ... but now we're #1 in the league so there is that appeal to sticking around. 😉

We tried running Myers out of town but he actually has been better pound for pound than Petey. I think both the coaching and the fans bitching all the time will make Petey absolute dynamite in the playoffs. Thats all I care about

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I would prefer a shorter term deal too, we still don't know what his potential is. He improved in face offs, yes, but he has got to get rid of those "Bambi" legs sometime. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously, it would probably be benficial for both sides to sign a short term deal to see what his real worth is, long term.

The refs don’t take him seriously when he falls and they didn’t call at least 3 penalties they might have when was pushed around.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

The refs don’t take him seriously when he falls and they didn’t call at least 3 penalties they might have when was pushed around.

Well, that is accurate. But does it matter, to the Canucks? Petey hasnt mattered to the Canucks for at least 10 or 15 games.

Petey needs to matter.

Petey needs to get to a JT level.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Well, that is accurate. But does it matter, to the Canucks? Petey hasnt mattered to the Canucks for at least 10 or 15 games.

Petey needs to matter.

Petey needs to get to a JT level.

I think we have a number of very good players, but just one super star: Hughes. He should be the highest paid Canuck.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

And just think ... Huberdeau is 30 and they have that contract for another 7 years, mainly with NMCs. 

😉

He is the Canucks best player when the Flames are in town and will be for years to come.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Myers needs a present. It's all in keeping with the spirit..

After taking Canuck players , they found their own LE player and contract

Calgary will soon be at the bottom like the old Canucks were

Look at the +/- of Hub to Myers

Myers like the Superstar of the 2 😄

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, arsenalian said:

I wish the admins would block

the spam bot. Soooo annoying

I put them on my ignore list.

You can go to your account setting and add the name to your ignore list. Then you don't see anything they post.  

Click on the 3 vertical lines top right corner of your home page > Account > Ignored Users > add the users name you want to ignore (username) > click all the options you wish to ignore from user ie posts, messages, mentions etc. > Add User

Voila, Fini les messages ennuyeux !!!

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

All Kuz has to do is work halfway, the coaches will help with the rest. Look at Garland. Kuz doesn't have to lay huge bodychecks, or block shots. But what he can do is make smart passes, active stick to block passes, and in general just to have puck pursuit, and try to be elusive with the puck. Sometimes offence is the best defence.

Garland was the straw that stirred the drink last night 

I thought he was the best player on that sheet of ice… 

if they can get Kuzzy to duplicate Garlands shtick we will be laughing…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

At the beginning of season he was the guy hitting, "meeting force with force" as tocc preaches.

He’s injured. He completely dominated at the start of the season.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I put them on my ignore list.

You can go to your setting and add the name to your ignore list. Then you don't see anything they post.  

Let me know if you don't know how to do it I can show you..

This is the best option.  Feel free to put anybody on your ignore list (or not).  

PS:  Don't bother trying to put oneself on your own ignore list - it can't be done, I've tried.🥸

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Often teams play down to the level of their opposition. We gave up way too many good chances to the Sharks. We had played a lot of games in short succession and every distraction there could be was there. "2 points" is what Frank Griffiths used to say. I like "just win baby" as well. 

Merry Christmas all Canucks fans from an original 1970 fan. All the best and lets keep this ride going into the playoffs.

2 points! @Mikeyman109 Good post.

The young guns around here think they have waited and waited, and they've earned this and that, but "Harumpf", I say.

We know, we really know, those of us who are late into the Old Turd period, what waiting on The Canucks To Win The Stanley Cup is really like.

We also know that losing in the Stanley Cup Final Series is bitter/sweet/and sour/but ok/after a while/when the wound finally scabs over, but the heartbreak never really heals.

It is super exciting to be expecting to get back into the playoffs, when the real hockey begins; everything up to the playoffs is practice, and points so you can get in.

Well, we're puttin' up the points.  And we're toughening up the team.  And we're not putting up with any namby-pamby bullshit from anyone no matter who you are.

I am so excited.  Can't wait for next game.  4 more sleeps; then 6 more sleeps 'til the next one. 

I can't wait. I got no time for no Christmas puddingheads!  LETS' GO! 

HEY ZEBRAS: 

DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I'm kinda confused why he's falling down so much.

I remember the covid bubble playoffs he was a beast.. and also at other points in his career he's shown true viking strength and grit.. but lately he's looking like he did when he first came into the league as a young skinny kid lacking strength and size. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure how Calgary are going to get out of that Kadri-Huberdeau mess but even Tkachuk isn't playing that well right now. 

Having a quick glance at the Canucks stats, we don't have a single minus player this year. That's mad. Looking back into the 2010-2011 season and around that, even then we had a fair few slightly minus players (Sami Salo a -3!).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1