[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks // December 23, 2023

Rubik

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Petey?

I mean Garlund has had a much better 10 or 15 games than Petey. I call him a mouse because I had a few of them fuckers in my condo this year and they outwitted me.

I love the BlueJayLund but I think in the playoffs we get Garlund up with Brock and JT. I think both Myers and Garlund are better on our team than Petey with some of the crackhead numbers people are saying for a new contract. How is Petey worth more than JT? Brock? Huggy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Myer's and Garland are working themselves into valuable trade pieces at the deadline.

Why? If it ain't broke... 

If they're contributing to a team to reckon with, why trade them, and what would you expect to get back that would be an improvement? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, Grandmaster said:

The guy will pick it up defensively. Definitely a slow learner. I don’t doubt that he is trying. Still happy for him scoring those 2 goals. Was nice to see

I honestly don't see much of what RT is talking about when I watch Kuz play.  I think it's just a player style that RT doesn't particularly like.

40 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I mean Garlund has had a much better 10 or 15 games than Petey. I call him a mouse because I had a few of them fuckers in my condo this year and they outwitted me.

I love the BlueJayLund but I think in the playoffs we get Garlund up with Brock and JT. I think both Myers and Garlund are better on our team than Petey with some of the crackhead numbers people are saying for a new contract. How is Petey worth more than JT? Brock? Huggy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fafhrd_and_the_Gray_Mouser

Z could be Fafhrd.

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ha, yeah me too. Could you imagine meeting him in the tunnel and he's just steamed at you? I think I'd just run away or curl up in the fetal position and start sucking my thumb. 🤣

I love RT as a coach. Just what the doctor ordered for this team. The fact that he is intimidating, but also down to earth and approachable is such a great attribute.

RT's the dad of a well run house. A little strict but kids respect him and get good grades. They call him sir. 

Bruce is dad of a fun house. Kids call him Brucey. They generally like him but love themselves more and do what they want to do rather than taking orders from Bruce. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

they will move garland in the offseason, Myers maybe at TDL for an asset they then flip for another RD but I could see them keeping Myers too and signing him to 2 yrs 2.75 mill of even just letting him walk 

Myer's at a lower cost is a good idea, unless someone out bids us.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A power forward 

I would rather keep the Garland line intact. 

If today was the TDL and we were buying for a cup run, I would most likely do a Kuz and a pick for a power forward, Myers for a late rounder with no cap retained. 

That late rounder and a first plus a B or C level prospect like Nielsen for a true 3D. 

Here's a question. It says canucks capspace currently is 3.69m. Is that with Soucy's 3.25 on LTIR? 

If Soucy comes back, are we just at 0.44m cap space?

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

RT's the dad of a well run house. A little strict but kids respect him and get good grades. They call him sir. 

Bruce is dad of a fun house. Kids call him Brucey. They generally like him but love themselves more and do what they want to do rather than taking orders from Bruce. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:41 PM, chris12345 said:

Which teams have 4 firsts and $16m of cap space? 

I guess a team could dump but I can't see the Leafs doing it as an example.

Maybe the Kraken? 

Well defininatly not the canucks. So think of it that way, if youre a petterson camp guy. We dont have cap to do what he thinks is cool in the zoo. Which is why I hope he does a deal that we can just keep the family together.

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I would rather keep the Garland line intact. 

If today was the TDL and we were buying for a cup run, I would most likely do a Kuz and a pick for a power forward, Myers for a late rounder with no cap retained. 

That late rounder and a first plus a B or C level prospect like Nielsen for a true 3D. 

Here's a question. It says canucks capspace currently is 3.69m. Is that with Soucy's 3.25 on LTIR? 

If Soucy comes back, are we just at 0.44m cap space?

first of all, we have no cap. I dont know if you are reading capfriendly wrong or looking at the wrong stats.

Second, Myers cap comes off anyway. He is a wicked catch at a new contract which would be more reasonable.

Third and most important.... KUZ is a CANUCK! dont go fucking around with our team, everyone here wants to be here and everyone here deserves to be here. 

The only issue is the Cap next year and the years after. If Petey can do a JT deal, we might even keep the team for a few more years.

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

first of all, we have no cap. I dont know if you are reading capfriendly wrong or looking at the wrong stats.

Second, Myers cap comes off anyway. He is a wicked catch at a new contract which would be more reasonable.

Third and most important.... KUZ is a CANUCK! dont go fucking around with our team, everyone here wants to be here and everyone here deserves to be here. 

The only issue is the Cap next year and the years after. If Petey can do a JT deal, we might even keep the team for a few more years.

I must be reading it wrong because this is what I see

Screenshot_20231225_221528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.feaedf60565a95294b03323d437f92f4.jpg

It says 3.69 cap space but not sure if they are counting Soucy's 3.25m that's currently on LTIR. 

Secondly, lucky for you, I have no way of actually effing around with our team lol. I'm just a couch potato. 

3rdly, we have no idea if Myers would be a "wicked catch" next year. He is a UFA so another team may very well offer him a contract that is too high for us to match 

Lastly, I'm also pulling for Kuz but I said... If today was the TDL and we were buying for the playoffs... 

The weakest links on this team are kuzy, Myers and Cole. 

Those are the facts. 

Ofcourse they can choose not to upgrade on those deficiencies and run it as is. Even then we might get by a couple rounds of playoffs... But if we lost in the 3rd round, would we regret not doing a little more and upgrading on deficient areas? 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I must be reading it wrong because this is what I see

Screenshot_20231225_221528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.feaedf60565a95294b03323d437f92f4.jpg

It says 3.69 cap space but not sure if they are counting Soucy's 3.25m that's currently on LTIR. 

Secondly, lucky for you, I have no way of actually effing around with our team lol. I'm just a couch potato. 

3rdly, we have no idea if Myers would be a "wicked catch" next year. He is a UFA so another team may very well offer him a contract that is too high for us to match 

Lastly, I'm also pulling for Kuz but I said... If today was the TDL and we were buying for the playoffs... 

The weakest links on this team are kuzy, Myers and Cole. 

Those are the facts. 

Ofcourse they can choose not to upgrade on those deficiencies and run it as is. Even then we might get by a couple rounds of playoffs... But if we lost in the 3rd round, would we regret not doing a little more and upgrading on deficient areas? 

Ok well yeah the projected cap space being 0 is correct. Soucy comes back, we actually gotta trim some daily cap to get him in lineup. Its kinda like the first game.

I dont think Myers and Kuz are the weak spots.

You are right about Cole, and that is 3 million. Zads has been amazing with Myers, both of them are going.

If soucy is back, to be honest, I would rather lose Cole than Jewels. So then we would have cap.

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Ok well yeah the projected cap space being 0 is correct. Soucy comes back, we actually gotta trim some daily cap to get him in lineup. Its kinda like the first game.

I dont think Myers and Kuz are the weak spots.

You are right about Cole, and that is 3 million. Zads has been amazing with Myers, both of them are going.

If soucy is back, to be honest, I would rather lose Cole than Jewels. So then we would have cap.

But Im not really a couch potato or a Cap Lawyer. but I like Myers and the whole team. When I look at how many guys have to be re-signed next year...... welll we better just with tha whole fucking thing this year!

PA & Co are definitely not 'finished'.

They have a system of constant improvement in every area.

Personally, I don't think Kuzmenko will ever 'get it', i.e. understand the difference between a hockey 'game' and professional hockey.

So I think he might go for a nice return and the team would improve just by not having to try to recover from his mistakes or outscore the opponents.

I can't imagine core players like Demko, Petey, JT, Brock, or Quinn having to do so much extra just because The Kuz is in the lineup. 

But that's just me, and I have been wrong about so many player evaluations, prospective trades, who to draft, way too many.

Oh yeah, Cole has his faults, but until I see quite a number of Canucks 6, 7, 8, defencemen pushed out, I don't want to lose Ian Cole.

Did you see him stop that player in his tracks last game?  Pretty big guy but he did not want any part of Mr. Cole after that hit.

Cole is a heavy hitter and a veteran presence in front of the net.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

PA & Co are definitely not 'finished'.

They have a system of constant improvement in every area.

Personally, I don't think Kuzmenko will ever 'get it', i.e. understand the difference between a hockey 'game' and professional hockey.

So I think he might go for a nice return and the team would improve just by not having to try to recover from his mistakes or outscore the opponents.

I can't imagine core players like Demko, Petey, JT, Brock, or Quinn having to do so much extra just because The Kuz is in the lineup. 

But that's just me, and I have been wrong about so many player evaluations, prospective trades, who to draft, way too many.

Oh yeah, Cole has his faults, but until I see quite a number of Canucks 6, 7, 8, defencemen pushed out, I don't want to lose Ian Cole.

Did you see him stop that player in his tracks last game?  Pretty big guy but he did not want any part of Mr. Cole after that hit.

Cole is a heavy hitter and a veteran presence in front of the net.

I think with a guy like Kuzmenko who's an extremely gifted goal scorer, you just let him focus on his primary talent, which is scoring goals. I understand Tocchet wants everyone working on all the little details but you don't score 39 goals by mistake.