What would you do with Huberdeau ?

Blue

If they retain half it may present a high-risk high-reward trade for a team.

If he can get back on track at 5.25M he'd might be a steal.

The thing is Hubs probably needs a star player to play with to get back to the norm as he had with Barkov. 

So still a high-risk move. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If they retain half it may present a high-risk high-reward trade for a team.

If he can get back on track at 5.25M he'd might be a steal.

The thing is Hubs probably needs a star player to play with to get back to the norm as he had with Barkov. 

So still a high-risk move. 

Alvin??? are you there?? this is us. We want a playmaking winger for Petey NOW at %50 off those calgary wranglers. Oh, and payback on all the CAP shit FLORIDA OWES US.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I don't know, send his ass to the AHL? who in their right mind would trade for him and that contract?

If calgary retained %50 for the first time in thier lives.... we could give them Garly. They kinda owe us one, after stealing Marky, Tanev, Toffers i think all in the same year? maybe at least one other.

So that would kinda be an even cap swap, the only issue is we would have to play against the garlund. And you know what its like just facing markstrom and tanev

24 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If calgary retained %50 for the first time in thier lives.... we could give them Garly. They kinda owe us one, after stealing Marky, Tanev, Toffers i think all in the same year? maybe at least one other.

So that would kinda be an even cap swap, the only issue is we would have to play against the garlund. And you know what its like just facing markstrom and tanev

Even if they retained 50%, I would GLADLY keep Garland. Last thing we need is another Loui......

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Even if they retained 50%, I would GLADLY keep Garland. Last thing we need is another Loui......

Well its nice to see some support for 5 mil on the 3rd line.....

• Cheers 1

On 12/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ballisticsports said:

He must be playing for a retirement buyout plan and then hope to resign and start playing somewhere else (which is sleazy)

Maybe when you are bought out on these deals you shouldn't be able to play again

(We were paying Lou to take less in Florida working for a team competing against us, while being paid by us which is wrong imo)

lol there's no way any team including calgary would buy him out and have him on the cap for 14 years. it would literally cost caglary 8-10mil per season on the cap 0 benefits for any team

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’d do nothing with Huberdeau. He was a declining player when he was traded. He’s nowhere near worth his contract. 

Did he not score 100 points the year prior to being traded?

Anyway, I think it's pretty humerous that, at least presently, the Canucks ended up being better off drafting Juolevi than Calgary was drafting Tkachuk. How's that for a turn of events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

16 hours ago, Tusk said:

Huberdeau wouldn't make the Canucks top 6, so he would be Garland's replacement.

Right now, Conor has similar points to JH, but has +12 to JH's -15.

Laffy, Hogs, Joshua and Blue also have similar points to JH, but again, far better +/-.

I think it's a no-brainer to keep Garland, who has 2 more years on his contract, over the

boat anchor from Calgary that has 7 more years.

17 hours ago, Tusk said:

As much as I don't like Garland's cap hit, at least he's USEFUL even if he isn't putting the puck in the net. And I can't help but wonder, would anybody give a rats ass if Garland's cap hit was half of what it actually is?

25 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

As much as I don't like Garland's cap hit, at least he's USEFUL even if he isn't putting the puck in the net. And I can't help but wonder, would anybody give a rats ass if Garland's cap hit was half of what it actually is?

I'm reasonably sure Garland would care.

• Vintage 1

On 12/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, Wiggums said:

It's crazy what a lack of confidence and comfortability can do.   He's still playing 15-17 mins a night, just can't make it happen 

I wonder what cause the drop off in production.

I get 115 pts is was a career high for him but his years prior to that also showed some impressive offensive production.

To drop off from 115 pts to 55 and now possibly 40 pts, just doesn't make sense to me.

Though I guess he's already in his 30's and make me wonder if this sudden drop could happen to any Canucks player in that age group (like JT Miller). 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I wonder what cause the drop off in production.

I get 115 pts is was a career high for him but his years prior to that also showed some impressive offensive production.

To drop off from 115 pts to 55 and now possibly 40 pts, just doesn't make sense to me.

Though I guess he's already in his 30's and make me wonder if this sudden drop could happen to any Canucks player in that age group (like JT Miller). 

Miller is a completely different pkayer than Huberdough. Miller competes. He is internally motivated. Huberdough is a serious selfish puck sucker. Check out his hair; that’s who he is. 

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller is a completely different pkayer than Huberdough. Miller competes. He is internally motivated. Huberdough is a serious selfish puck sucker. Check out his hair; that’s who he is. 

It's hard to imagine someone being over a PPG player for 4 seasons in Florida prior to joining the Flames as somoene who doesn't compete 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

It's hard to imagine someone being over a PPG player for 4 seasons in Florida prior to joining the Flames as somoene who doesn't compete 

Huberdough is a selfish guy. He’s all about the “look”. Refuses to get his hair mussed. Puck sucker. Flames deserve him. Is there snow in Cow town? 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Huberdough is a selfish guy. He’s all about the “look”. Refuses to get his hair mussed. Puck sucker. Flames deserve him. Is there snow in Cow town? 

Cowtown doesn't get snow, it just turns brown.

• Vintage 1

On 1/2/2024 at 10:59 AM, Tusk said:

Alvin??? are you there?? this is us. We want a playmaking winger for Petey NOW at %50 off those calgary wranglers. Oh, and payback on all the CAP shit FLORIDA OWES US.

Totally high risk for 8 years, not to mention we will be doing Calgary a favour. I don't think I like those circumstances.

1 hour ago, Kevlar said:

Totally high risk for 8 years, not to mention we will be doing Calgary a favour. I don't think I like those circumstances.

If Calgary retained %50 we have a solution for Kuzy, obviously flames are allowed to just run amuck and play thier individual game.... which is why Huberdeau is failing there. We could have a $10 million player for $5 mil for 8 years. Hubes is playing way, way under his value, ITS something to consider closely

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If Calgary retained %50 we have a solution for Kuzy, obviously flames are allowed to just run amuck and play thier individual game.... which is why Huberdeau is failing there. We could have a $10 million player for $5 mil for 8 years. Hubes is playing way, way under his value, ITS something to consider closely

Be nice for us but would the Smelly Cowpies retain 50% for 7 years? 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Be nice for us but would the Smelly Cowpies retain 50% for 7 years? 

they are all talking about a buyout, which would be even worse.... so yeah I think they would do it. And Kuzy can be a cowboy. That would keep a smile on his face forever

• Upvote 1