Discussion: Putin's new ban on Russian Players!

Sativika

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think that wave has passed........no players seem to have an issue with Russians in the NHL, but governments might.  

Players are different than a whole national Russian team. Pootin is using sport as a weapon, you just can't imagine how much war propaganda is based on sport, teams, and individual players

8 hours ago, stawns said:

I think that wave has passed........no players seem to have an issue with Russians in the NHL, but governments might.  

True.... the NHL... But NHL is just a small minority of all Russian athletes...

I don't quite remember which sport, but a few months ago some sport was considering allowing Russians to participate (could be next Olympics in Paris), but various other countries threatened to boycott them, if they were allowed... 

I think Russian athletes in general are less than popular atm internationally. Probably the doping issues during the Olympic Games haven't been forgotten (shear speculation), but the way Russia under Putin has treated its neighbours with treats and war in Ukraine, I can't see any interest amongst the vast majority to allow them to participate. 

NHL is different, as its one of the few sports, where you see Russian athletes migrate to participate...  

At the top of my head, I don't recall any other sports, where Russians are leaving Russia in the same numbers...or even at all...

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

I don't quite remember which sport, but a few months ago some sport was considering allowing Russians to participate (could be next Olympics in Paris), but various other countries threatened to boycott them, if they were allowed... 

I think Russian athletes in general are less than popular atm internationally. Probably the doping issues during the Olympic Games haven't been forgotten (shear speculation), but the way Russia under Putin has treated its neighbours with treats and war in Ukraine, I can't see any interest amongst the vast majority to allow them to participate. 

NHL is different, as its one of the few sports, where you see Russian athletes migrate to participate...  

At the top of my head, I don't recall any other sports, where Russians are leaving Russia in the same numbers...or even at all...

Tennis.  Or martial arts.  There are only a handful of non-olympic sports that Russians are particularly good at, and tennis/MMA is largely conducted across the world.  Sports like soccer and hockey have their own domestic leagues, so you can make a living at home.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

I don’t think any sports body have issue with Russian athletes.. they only have issues if it’s at a national level representing Russia. Individual sports like tennis etc it’s not like the player is playing for team Russia in their national Color etc.. and really there isn’t much drama with Russian players in any sports outside of tennis with certain Ukrainian player.. it gotten to the point where some fans are getting sick of the Ukrainian players antic and on the Russian player side. I don’t hate Russians nor do I hate those Russians forced into the war or that don’t openly condemn the war. I only hate Putin and the ones that openly support the war. 

as for Russian leaving in the same numbers in other sports?? It requires 2 things to happen.. your country have to be great at the sport.. and the league that pays the most money is elsewhere. Not many sports outside of soccer baseball and basketball you have ppl from other countries well represented in terms of team sports that requires u playing in another country 

Meh.  
First a bunch of babies here cry to take the Russians out of the NHL and start shitting on them for not putting their families in direct danger by speaking out against Putin.  
Now you’re crying they aren’t allowed to come over.  

How about this?
Fuck Putin, Fuck Russian and their players can fuck off too.  

Who cares?  So we don’t get any new Russians in the league for a while?

Putin will be dead in a year or two and this will all get reversed.  

• Vintage 1