Poll: which young core sucks more pucks?

Alflives

Sabres v Sens   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which young core is worse?

51 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I like the characters around here that make things more colourful. If we want it all to be boring thats what HF Boards is for. 

Actually, HF Boards has some horrific 'characters'.  They've improved somewhat since the team

has started winning games, but there's always an underlying 'troll baiting' going on.  Not worth

my time reading that stuff.

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Actually, HF Boards has some horrific 'characters'.  They've improved somewhat since the team

has started winning games, but there's always an underlying 'troll baiting' going on.  Not worth

my time reading that stuff.

Alf was on HF but got terminated for being too positive. Sure the Benning era was bad but there were some good things to cheer for, right? Our core (less Hronek) comes from that era.  And we developed. The Sabres and Sens haven’t. We win! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf was on HF but got terminated for being too positive. Sure the Benning era was bad but there were some good things to cheer for, right? Our core (less Hronek) comes from that era.  And we developed. The Sabres and Sens haven’t. We win! 

I don't know about that, Alf.  Our team has had a decade of pretty bad hockey and we are finally

coming out of the darkness.  The new management have recently added some great players, but

our core is older than those other teams.  If their management can add the right pieces, both those

young teams will follow suit.

If you want to talk 'sucks', I'm all in on your view of HF Bored.🤢

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know about that, Alf.  Our team has had a decade of pretty bad hockey and we are finally

coming out of the darkness.  The new management have recently added some great players, but

our core is older than those other teams.  If their management can add the right pieces, both those

young teams will follow suit.

If you want to talk 'sucks', I'm all in on your view of HF Bored.🤢

Our core is young. Miller is the oldest at 30. But the average age is only 26. We will have this elite core st it’s best for the next 5-7 years. IMHAO, because we have Quinn Hughes, we will win 3 Cup during these 7 years. He’s such an incredible player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like this is just one bad year for the Sabres. They'll be contenders within a few years, I suspect. Too much crazy good young talent on that team.

Sabres wasted a huge contract on a puck sucker. Dahlin is a loser. Always has been and always will be. They should trade that puck sucker while he has some value. 
#hatesllothers or you’re not a true fan. IMHAO, of course. 

• Cheers 1

Ottawa for sure.  The Sabres have some elite talent, but for whatever reason, they can't put it together. They are the equivalent of the Canucks under Benning.  They need a guy like JR to come in and fix the mess, and they need a coach like Tocchet to make the core players accountable.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that if JR and Allvin went to Buffalo and hired Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar as the coaches, they would be a top team in the NHL within 2-3 years...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ottawa for sure.  The Sabres have some elite talent, but for whatever reason, they can't put it together. They are the equivalent of the Canucks under Benning.  They need a guy like JR to come in and fix the mess, and they need a coach like Tocchet to make the core players accountable.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that if JR and Allvin went to Buffalo and hired Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar as the coaches, they would be a top team in the NHL within 2-3 years...

Yup. They’d got sure trade Dahlin. Like Horvat, he’s a proven loser. 

• Tank 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seems the Sens are winning this poll, which is kind of losing. Maybe we could steal Brady T from them? Damn he’d be good with Petey. He’d be our Clarke Gillis. 

interesting trade... JT miller for tchachuk... i wouldnt do it now as i see how close we are, but what about two years ago when miller was on the fan trade block

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sabres wasted a huge contract on a puck sucker. Dahlin is a loser. Always has been and always will be. They should trade that puck sucker while he has some value. 
#hatesllothers or you’re not a true fan. IMHAO, of course. 

Spreading hate so rampantly is a horrible philosophy. We need a lot less hate in this world, not more, Alf.

Both the Sabres and Sens have younger average aged players than us. We're not old, mind you, but I think we're somewhere in the middle. Our oldest is Cole, then JTM. 

Our "young core" would include Petey, Flow, Huggy and Demmer. A little older than the Sabres for sure. 

The Sabres have a passel of 1st rounders that they drafted. Give 'em time to mature. And give their management time to make moves to improve and help their young core.

The Sens are a bit younger, but older than us and Sabres respectively. Same goes for them. Giroux was a good get, but he's not the guy. I mean like....he's no JTM!

Brady and Stutz are gems!

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

interesting trade... JT miller for tchachuk... i wouldnt do it now as i see how close we are, but what about two years ago when miller was on the fan trade block

Like to keep JTM. But to get Brady T it’s a trade that management would have to consider 

16 hours ago, Sativika said:

Both the Sabres and Sens have younger average aged players than us. We're not old, mind you, but I think we're somewhere in the middle. Our oldest is Cole, then JTM. 

Our "young core" would include Petey, Flow, Huggy and Demmer. A little older than the Sabres for sure. 

The Sabres have a passel of 1st rounders that they drafted. Give 'em time to mature. And give their management time to make moves to improve and help their young core.

The Sens are a bit younger, but older than us and Sabres respectively. Same goes for them. Giroux was a good get, but he's not the guy. I mean like....he's no JTM!

Brady and Stutz are gems!

I Suck Season 2 GIF by The Office

this post is jinxed

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Spreading hate so rampantly is a horrible philosophy. We need a lot less hate in this world, not more, Alf.

It’s a hockey forum! It’s sports; not the real world. This is an escape from the real world, no? Plus, it’s a Canucks board. Are we Canuck fans only allowed to hate the leafs and the bruins? Can’t we hate other teams too? why in the heck

Would other teams’ fans here anyway?  Are we not allowed to make fun of other clubs? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s a hockey forum! It’s sports; not the real world. This is an escape from the real world, no? Plus, it’s a Canucks board. Are we Canuck fans only allowed to hate the leafs and the bruins? Can’t we hate other teams too? why in the heck

Would other teams’ fans here anyway?  Are we not allowed to make fun of other clubs? 

you are some people's heros because of your 'hate'

if they can't take a joke, i guess we'll have to kill em with kindness...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe it's a generational thing. Younger folks seem to get offended easily these days, when really people are just yapping.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sativika said:

Wow. Thanks for that.

The Rangers and the Devils have the youngest average age at 25.61 and 25.69 respectively. And they're already good. Sheesh. Scary, man.

ps refresh the page and it will be sorted by age...

Fun Fact: you can copy a image and paste it directly into the chat and it will upload a picture... saves so much time and hard drive orginization for not having random screen captures... MS Edge has a built in snipper tool so its real easy for this.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe it's a generational thing. Younger folks seem to get offended easily these days, when really people are just yapping.

Alf is 75 years old.  He comes from a generation where you could offend people in a joking way and have fun and it would be cool.  Alot of posters on this board I can tell are in the younger age range and seem to get offended with stuff that I laugh at.  So, yes I agree.  It's a generational thing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Alf is 75 years old.  He comes from a generation where you could offend people in a joking way and have fun and it would be cool.  Alot of posters on this board I can tell are in the younger age range and seem to get offended with stuff that I laugh at.  So, yes I agree.  It's a generational thing...

yeah kind of happened when teenagers started all having phones. now when a kid gets made fun of the whole school knows. there is also real accounts and Finsta accounts for the people not in your real circle of friends... some sick shit

Edited by MidKnight Ego