Poll: which young core sucks more pucks?

Sabres v Sens   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which young core is worse?

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yes, it's a bit of a hyperbolic perspective.

It’s not at all hyperbole. It’s being a fan of one club and hating all others. What in the heck is the difference between hating the Leafs and bruins or the Sens and Sabres?  Of course the answer is there isn’t any difference. And that’s why Alf gets great joy out of hating all others. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s a hockey forum! It’s sports; not the real world. This is an escape from the real world, no? Plus, it’s a Canucks board. Are we Canuck fans only allowed to hate the leafs and the bruins? Can’t we hate other teams too? why in the heck

Would other teams’ fans here anyway?  Are we not allowed to make fun of other clubs? 

I guess maybe I just view the term "hate" differently than you.

I also personally don't hate most teams. I simply cheer for the Canucks and don't care about other teams. Hatred probably forms in the playoffs--but for some random team we only face twice a year, I have no reason to harbour such resentment towards them.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Alf is 75 years old.  He comes from a generation where you could offend people in a joking way and have fun and it would be cool.  Alot of posters on this board I can tell are in the younger age range and seem to get offended with stuff that I laugh at.  So, yes I agree.  It's a generational thing...

Alf needs to lay low and drink scotch. Do these younger folk even drink scotch? 
Snyway we want Brady T. There are no Sabres we want. 

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I guess maybe I just view the term "hate" differently than you.

I also personally don't hate most teams. I simply cheer for the Canucks and don't care about other teams. Hatred probably forms in the playoffs--but for some random team we only face twice a year, I have no reason to harbour such resentment towards them.

Thank you. Time to tip the last few drops and shut ‘er down for the night. 
Only cheer for us to win. IMHAO that’s what a true fan believes. 

27 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Wow. Thanks for that.

The Rangers and the Devils have the youngest average age at 25.61 and 25.69 respectively. And they're already good. Sheesh. Scary, man.

Jersey is going to have issues before Hamilton's contract comes due and in 2 years hughes is likely going to be asking for 8 million jersey is likely going to be good anyways... Rangers are going to have issues at Center. Chytil is maybe one more concussion away from retirement and there top 6 core is all above 30 and signed for multiple years... as their top 6 declines their defence needs to pickup the slack without breaking the bank, Miller and Lindgren are due for massive raises... you are looking at 30 miilion in 2 years time for their top 4... the rangers have a limited window IMO

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think either team's core sucks.  They're just too young and don't have the

very many character/vet guys to support them; especially the Sabres.  I mean, look

at all the 18-23yr olds on those teams. 

It's taken the Canucks a long while to get to the point of having a good core group and you sure

don't see a bunch of teens and early 20's on the team.

I like the Sabres better, but both teams will have to put a lot of thought during the season and

offseason into the accessory players that can support the youngins'.   They are teams of the

future for sure.

This. Some people might not have liked the path we took to building this team but insulating our young core with veteran players was incredibly important, and right now it's really paying off. Buffalo at this rate is turning into early 2010s Edmonton.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'd consider something around 2024 1st, Lekker, Kuzy, and some other lesser picks/prospects. Willander has to be an untouchable tho. 

But that's the kicker right there.  Sens likely wouldn't give us Brady for anything less.  You also have to take into account that OEL's cap buyout penalty will spike in a couple of seasons.  The Canucks will have to be careful with their cap management.  

Realistically, Brady would probably cost us Pettersson.   Like maybe Pettersson and Kuzmenko for Brady Tkachuk and Tim Stutzle or something.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

But that's the kicker right there.  Sens likely wouldn't give us Brady for anything less.  You also have to take into account that OEL's cap buyout penalty will spike in a couple of seasons.  The Canucks will have to be careful with their cap management.  

Realistically, Brady would probably cost us Pettersson.   Like maybe Pettersson and Kuzmenko for Brady Tkachuk and Tim Stutzle or something.

Most likely. Yea it's not going to be cheap but hey, a guy can hope.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like this is just one bad year for the Sabres. They'll be contenders within a few years, I suspect. Too much crazy good young talent on that team.

You are assuming that their crazy good young talent will be willing to stick around. Where is Eichel playing now?

• ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

He does.  I've called him out on it before.  He's gloated about Cale Makar getting hurt.

It's just classless.  Rooting against literal kids just because they're not on your team.

I haven't been here long but I enjoy Alflives' postings.  

I don't he's being serious when he makes those kinds of comments.  He seems cool to me.  

I hope Brad Marchand gets HIV but he's not a kid.  That's neither here nor there however. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I haven't been here long but I enjoy Alflives' postings.  

I don't he's being serious when he makes those kinds of comments.  He seems cool to me.  

I hope Brad Marchand gets HIV but he's not a kid.  That's neither here nor there however. 

He's a class clown without the class.

He has his schtick phrases like bustaroo and puck sucker....

He makes up juvenile nicknames that key on whatever he thinks is a flaw. Bald? Lets make fun of that, older? Let's key on that, short? That's a bonanza for him. 

Fine. Whatever. The buffet issue is you can't have an actual hockey concersation with him because he's too busy doing his routine.  

Want to discuss a trade rumors or proposal? His response is who cares what rhe other team wants or needs, it's a Canucks forum.  Want to discuss another teams players? They're all puck suckers and bustaroos. 

When Jack Hughes signed his contract he insisted that Hughes is a bustaroo who wasn't even worth $3.5m 

He adds no value to any actual conversation or discourse. 

If you're entertained by him. Cool.  For me his act got old FAST.  I had him on ignore on the old site, gave him a few weeks here before I got annoyed and put him on ignore here.  It has nothing to do with being easily offended, his opinion means less than nothing to me and I can't be bothered with his idiocy 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

He's a class clown without the class.

He has his schtick phrases like bustaroo and puck sucker....

He makes up juvenile nicknames that key on whatever he thinks is a flaw. Bald? Lets make fun of that, older? Let's key on that, short? That's a bonanza for him. 

Fine. Whatever. The buffet issue is you can't have an actual hockey concersation with him because he's too busy doing his routine.  

Want to discuss a trade rumors or proposal? His response is who cares what rhe other team wants or needs, it's a Canucks forum.  Want to discuss another teams players? They're all puck suckers and bustaroos. 

When Jack Hughes signed his contract he insisted that Hughes is a bustaroo who wasn't even worth $3.5m 

He adds no value to any actual conversation or discourse. 

If you're entertained by him. Cool.  For me his act got old FAST.  I had him on ignore on the old site, gave him a few weeks here before I got annoyed and put him on ignore here.  It has nothing to do with being easily offended, his opinion means less than nothing to me and I can't be bothered with his idiocy 

It's humour

Why so serious?

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

It's humour

Why so serious?

Pretty sure I just explained it. I come here to discuss hockey, not  be inundated by juvenile, class clown behavior. It's fine. I've got him on ignore. There are a lot of actual intelligent hockey fans here to interact with 

Edited by qwijjibo