[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

46 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Lay off the polls OP, that's enough for now 

Did provide the lay off the eggnog...it's interesting to see what the fans on here think about present team issues.    Voted nothing.    They've got Soucy coming back eventually, and no reason to tinker with a machine that's working.    However, I do feel that Kuzmennko is the missing link, one way or another, from either getting his jam back, or providing the team with that extra layer going into the post season.    EPs line going, with either Kuzmenko or a bigger more talented player than Lafferty ... would be something.    Every line has contributed to the standings.   That's exactly how you win cups.  

• Vintage 2

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My late Dad had movie camera reels of a couple of Canuck, Flyers games that really got ugly.  Maybe you've heard the stories of the broad street

bullies going up into the stands at the Coliseum whacking the screaming fans with their sticks....This isn't it; 

lol.  Funny how the anchorman, was giving fighting advice "first thing I would do, i'd take the other players helmet off, otherwise your just punching a helmet".    That show "F is for Family" is more accurate then I'd care to admit, about childhood in that era. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

going to my first game this season.  

Win the final game of this calendar yr would be nice. 

vegas plays LAK tonight.  Hope it's not a 3 pt game, but it will probably be.  Gotta stay ahead of them   

February is the month we will really be testing our mettle and jockeying for position.   Just like what we did with the EDM series, but instead LA.    It's got a bit of a lead up feel the way things have been going so far.    LA is getting way better goaltending, then they really should be, but that's a result of their team system.     Leading our division, is probably the only way we can avoid a very difficult match up in the first round, and would absolutely be a big boon for our fortunes.   Still have the same mindset I had after our hot start, that Allvin and co need to be scouring the league for that JT Miller/Hronek like deal to put us into serious contention.    Don't get many shots.   At least JR is admitting now, that our window is opening quicker than anticipated.     QHs current deal, is our window.     No rentals (that's next year).   But a trade that gives Tochett and EP what he needs in the playoffs.    A bruising winger that can play.    Josh Anderson maybe.    Corey Perry maybe too.   EP needs his Sergio Momesso.    Or maybe something else depending on how the season plays out, injury wise.  

Kuzmenko is probably the key one way or the other.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I just hope the guys don't play down to the flyers. This should be a win.

Flyers are a good team.  Playing down isn't a thing with them.  We'll have to match their effort and our skill should give us the edge.  Not sure if we're much deeper than them either.  We're going to have to play at least 40-50 min to our potential to take this one.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Flyers are a good team.  Playing down isn't a thing with them.  We'll have to match their effort and our skill should give us the edge.  Not sure if we're much deeper than them either.  We're going to have to play at least 40-50 min to our potential to take this one.

Yep this isn't a play down scenario in the least.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This just needs ONE title to Canuck's fans "Coaches gone Wild!./ My 2 cents; If Pat Quinn had of retired from playing earlier and went directly into

coaching, he's be surely on this list..  AND: Stay out of our dressing room, Torts!!!!

Not a lot of "old" names on this list anymore.  Testament to the coaching carousel?  

Finally! Feels like forever since I've seen a game.

Having to miss the last one (except on radio) and then learning after the fact that someone had tickets lined up for me that I missed out on....well, double whammy. Was a little depressed.

If my cable goes out, listen for news reports of a TV being heaved out onto the street. 

Let's go Canucks, pick up where you left off. 

• Haha 3

All TSN is doing is reporting what the odds are on Fanduel.  The odds are for the team winning the Conferenece which means going to the SCF.  Other teams with playoff experience are going to have better odds.  Even Edmonton, with their lineup and experience will be tough to beat if they can make the playoffs.

If you think the Canucks are good enough to make the  SCF, you should put some money on it.  I would with those odds.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RedWooster said:

All TSN is doing is reporting what the odds are on Fanduel.  The odds are for the team winning the Conferenece which means going to the SCF.  Other teams with playoff experience are going to have better odds.  Even Edmonton, with their lineup and experience will be tough to beat if they can make the playoffs.

If you think the Canucks are good enough to make the  SCF, you should put some money on it.  I would with those odds.

I think that they are looking to fleece Edmonton homers with that chart.

4 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Winnipeg and Vancouver below the Oilers makes zero sense. Not to mention Colorado shouldn't be anywhere near first, they have looked terrible.

Their bias towards McDavid is gross. No clue that this is a team game. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

It's hard to predict if Canucks will have another slow start, but I think flyers is one of those teams this year that you will lose to if you don't show up for 60 minutes. 

Yup. Torts has a club that has bought in to his style of play. This game will be a battle of wills. If we match their hard play our elite skill should make the difference. Plus, we have Demko. 5700D287-158F-48D8-B082-03EA86AA685F.thumb.jpeg.93186203d0ef883914604706b8951d80.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2