[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

After Kuzmenko sat he scored 2 goals and looked more effective than he had all season. Tocchet is handling Kuzmenko just fine. 

Kuzmenko's offence is in spite of Tocchet. All tocchet cares about is backchecking. He keeps trying to add a snowplow to a ferrari.

You probably think i'm comparing tocchet to green or one of those nobodies. I'm comparing him tothe few decent coaches we had in the last 20 years - av and crawford. 

Hopefully he keeps kuz in the lineup or moves him.

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

What work? 

We're first in the league. Our roster is probably 7th-10th best in the league. 

I think we're overachieving. 

What's our record against top teams, what's the powerplay ranked over the past 4 weeks. Work to do. 

We don't have a full-time powerplay coach, rick's choice.

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Its the never ending whine of the Petey-haters.

They hate all Swedes.

If they had their way, the team would be all 6' 5" muckers and fighters and we'd be back at the bottom of the league again.

The Bedard thing too,geesh get over it we didn’t draft him

11 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Who cares about 1st in december. Cute little sticker. I want us to be a championship caliber team. Tocchet has work to do, hope he does.

Right, but he can only do so much with the pieces he has.

Given what he's working with, and results so far, I think he should definitely be given benefit of the doubt with Kuzmenko's deployment. We're top of the league in goals for, so I really can't see any argument for Tocchet not using our skill guys properly or whatever.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Chicago can just offer sheet 1 year at the 8.5 where it only cost 1st 2nd and 3rd. The Canucks will either have to match it and that will walk ep to ufa or they will have to take the 1st 2nd and 3rd which would be a massive L if EP intends to go chi to play with bedard and Chicago is willing to pay him whatever he wants. Chicago either gets him for 8.5 and then re-sign him to whatever or gets him as a ufa for whatever he wants. Vancouver if matched is pretty much screwed unless they manage to sign him long term prior to him hitting ufa as he’s not eligible to be traded for 1 year if the Canucks matched offer sheet. I think rfa can be contacted for contract negotiation and Chicago will probably table that to EP if they really want him.. we will make an offer sheet for u at 8.5 and then sign u to xxx amount afterward either this or next season depending on what the Canucks do. 

Why would Petey risk a huge payday with a one year manoeuvre like this? An injury could cost him 10s of millions.

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Chicago can just offer sheet 1 year at the 8.5 where it only cost 1st 2nd and 3rd. The Canucks will either have to match it and that will walk ep to ufa or they will have to take the 1st 2nd and 3rd which would be a massive L if EP intends to go chi to play with bedard and Chicago is willing to pay him whatever he wants. Chicago either gets him for 8.5 and then re-sign him to whatever or gets him as a ufa for whatever he wants. Vancouver if matched is pretty much screwed unless they manage to sign him long term prior to him hitting ufa as he’s not eligible to be traded for 1 year if the Canucks matched offer sheet. I think rfa can be contacted for contract negotiation and Chicago will probably table that to EP if they really want him.. we will make an offer sheet for u at 8.5 and then sign u to xxx amount afterward either this or next season depending on what the Canucks do. 

I have faith that we will get Pettersson signed long term before shit-cago has a shot at offer sheeting him................. what's that smell? I work in a butcher shop that backs onto a farm. I've smelled this before......... I've got it!!!!! IT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Its the never ending whine of the Petey-haters.

They hate all Swedes.

If they had their way, the team would be all 6' 5" muckers and fighters and we'd be back at the bottom of the league again.

The best players to ever put on a Canucks uniform were swedes. My favourite Canucks of all time. What makes you think I hate Swedes ? 

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Better question yet… why is anyone putting any thought or energy into this ridiculous rumour? 

It’s a chat forum. We’re allowed to banter. I want Petey locked up here in Vancouver for the rest of his career so these rumours can be put to rest. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

What's our record against top teams, what's the powerplay ranked over the past 4 weeks. Work to do. 

We don't have a full-time powerplay coach, rick's choice.

Peculiar chat when Pettersson is staying put; We have more then one qualified power-play unit and have beaten teams that last year we wouldn't have.

When things are good and going well; The need for crying is most prevalent. Rather peculiar I would say. 

Guess we have to be 6 points clear of all other teams at all times. Will that work? 😋