[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

Just now, Odd. said:

He should be in prison for the rest of his life for *checks notes* …. Gambling. Makes sense. 

Nah, he's got our team playing like fire.

And thats coming from a 'Tocc tease' like me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh, thanks for reminding me!

I bought Christmas booze. I don't really drink (at all) but mostly because I'm alone and when I'm out I drive, so being responsible and all.

But I have in my fridge right now: red wine, white wine, BaileysTiramisu and peach cider. It's on, folks.

Oh wow....I'm sticking around tonight  lol

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Let's see how the nux respond after Christmas and going forward.

So far this year feels more like 2010/2011 than most other years have felt.

Can the team continue to play this well and keep piling up the wins?  Can we get better? Or will we fall back?

Man it's fun being a nux fan again. I figure I have spent over 100k on seasons tickets over the past 4 decades.  

So bottoms up Deb! Let's go!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I bought Christmas booze. I don't really drink (at all) but mostly because I'm alone and when I'm out I drive, so being responsible and all.

But I have in my fridge right now: red wine, white wine, BaileysTiramisu and peach cider. It's on, folks.

Party at Debs! Remember to restock her booze!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah I’ve stopped drinking for awhile now.  My fiance is pregnant and she misses her Saperavi which is wine most of us east Europeans drink so I stopped bringing booze around to support her. the thing is I’ve also developed really bad heartburn so I can’t even drink beer or spirits anymore Lol

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Just missing a 36 case of Busch lattes 

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yeah I’ve stopped drinking for awhile now.  My fiance is pregnant and she misses her Saperavi which is wine most of us east Europeans drink so I stopped bringing booze around to support her. the thing is I’ve also developed really bad heartburn so I can’t even drink beer or spirits anymore Lol

I did 9 months to be sober for my wife during her pregnancy. I’m now on 12 months. Crazy times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

Lol some asshole said Pettersson wants out of Vancouver to go to Chicago. Spittin Chiclets posted it. 

Complete Bullsh*t.

Swedes, (and Pettersson) love playing in Vancouver, Chicago not so much.

Look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played in Vancouver:

Gradin, Sundin, Ohlund, Naslund, Sedins, etc.

Now look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played for Chicago...  none.

Plus why would Petey want to go to a bottom feeding team and start all over again... and have to play with Beauvillier?

No in fact you are one of the Pettersson haters, and you are spreading cr*p rumours again.

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I wanna hear that cow bell all the way over to the Island, after JT scores his hat trick!

• Thanks 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Complete Bullsh*t.

Swedes, (and Pettersson) love playing in Vancouver, Chicago not so much.

Look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played in Vancouver:

Gradin, Sundin, Ohlund, Naslund, Sedins, etc.

Now look at the list of top tier Swedes who have played for Chicago...  none.

Plus why would Petey want to go to a bottom feeding team and start all over again... and have to play with Beauvillier?

No in fact you are one of the Pettersson haters, and you are spreading cr*p rumours again.

The rumour states that Chicago has cap space and will be willing to pay Petey whatever he wants. The other part of the rumour is that he wants to play with Bedard. I’m not spreading anything lol. Just relaying something that I read. I am not a Pettersson hater, but for someone who wants McDavid money, as a fan, I’m allowed to be critical of a players performance when he’s commanding that type of money. Just relax bro. 

17 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What time should my wife and I come over to keep you company?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Fun Flyer Story:

Back in the day, for some reason the Philadelphia Flyers were in town to play the Canucks a few years in a row on New Years Eve. I was there at one game and headed out on the town as a wanton vagabond tends to do. Ended up at the Roxy right around 11:30, huge line up, slipped the doorman (my buddy) a few bucks and ay-chi-wawa in the door we go. 

Sidled up to the bar to order a few Shirley Temples. Standing right next to me was Eric Lindros. I was not a small guy back then having fallen in love with lifting heavy things but he made me look small ... I digress. A lot of the Flyers and some of the Canucks were all there as well.

A few minutes before midnight, the boys all order bottles of Dom. At the stroke of midnight they all start spraying down everyone and each other with the Dom while drinking their Budweisers, CLASSIC!!! I got a face full of Dom being so close to the fray. Lindros reaches over the bar, grabs a bottle of Dom and hands it to me. I don't recall what he said as it was too loud but he got a face full of Dom back from me, after I drank a large slug of course. He just laughed, thank god, LOL. 

Some crazy times had at the ole Roxy over the years ... oh to be young again. To quote my good buddy Mark Twain, "Youth is Wasted on the Young"

I call bull, no one old enough to get into a bar drinks Shirley Temples on New Years.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

The rumour states that Chicago has cap space and will be willing to pay Petey whatever he wants. The other part of the rumour is that he wants to play with Bedard. I’m not spreading anything lol. Just relaying something that I read. I am not a Pettersson hater, but for someone who wants McDavid money, as a fan, I’m allowed to be critical of a players performance when he’s commanding that type of money. Just relax bro. 

Bullsh*t again.

Bedard is a center, Petey is a center... they can't play together unless it is on the PP.

2nd, if Petey digs in and Management isn't prepared to pay, then they will trade him...  and Chicago has ZERO to trade except Bedard... and they won't trade him... he has a higher ceiling than Petey and costs less.

If Petey gets traded, it will be to another team, not Chicago... and like I said, very unlikely.

Here's what will happen:

Pettersson is an intelligent guy, he'll get good advice from guys like the Sedins, and he'll compromise.

Management knows he is critical to the team's future and they will compromise.

Assuming Pettersson hits around 100 points, the number will be around $9.5-10 million.

Which is the market price... look at what other comparable point producers get around the league.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Bullsh*t again.

Bedard is a center, Petey is a center... they can't play together unless it is on the PP.

2nd, if Petey digs in and Management isn't prepared to pay, then they will trade him...  and Chicago has ZERO to trade except Bedard... and they won't trade him... he has a higher ceiling than Petey and costs less.

If Petey gets traded, it will be to another team, not Chicago... and like I said, very unlikely.

Why are you coming at me like I’m starting the rumours. Go complain to Spittin Chiclets. 😂